There are 273 users in the forums

Kellen Mond-QB-Texas A&M

Let's be serious, Jimmy has to restructure so we can keep Both T and K Williams. Need to resign Juice and Hyder and Mosley. Draft Corner round 1, Edge round 2, IOL in round 3 (saleh Comp), then weigh Mond in Round 4 or 5. This kid is deadly accurate short to middle range and throws a nice deep ball, pretty swift on his feet as well.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Iupati77:
Let's be serious, Jimmy has to restructure so we can keep Both T and K Williams. Need to resign Juice and Hyder and Mosley. Draft Corner round 1, Edge round 2, IOL in round 3 (saleh Comp), then weigh Mond in Round 4 or 5. This kid is deadly accurate short to middle range and throws a nice deep ball, pretty swift on his feet as well.

I heard some good things on Mond - maybe worth a looksy in the later rounds.
Probably should post this in the draft section. I actually just watched a bunch of Kellen Mond tape last night. The dude is kind of nice, especially for a day 3 QB. He needs to get with a QB coach to fix the way he holds the ball. He's got the Rodgers at CAL thing going on.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 2, 2021 at 11:38 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

This
Well I'd like to follow a discussion on some QB options.
Maybe some people can do better than a chimp gif.
Mond might be okay in a late round (4th or later). He might develop into a good backup or even a starter with the right system.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This

No more project QBs por favor. If we make it to 10, we'd be in golden position to trade up.
Out of all kap clones he is the cloniest. Ill pass (strictly football player version)
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

This

No more project QBs por favor. If we make it to 10, we'd be in golden position to trade up.

But hopefully we won't trade up.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

This

But hopefully we won't trade up.

I'm all for PROJECT QBs, but at long as they are late picks and I mean after 3rd or even 4th round... we draft other positions in the later rounds, so why not find a project that will compete for that 3rd string QB instead of hanging on someone just because he knows the offense inside out..
No thanks. I see more downside than upside with him. Too inconsistent.

This

Agree. This. No more QB projects please.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Out of all kap clones he is the cloniest. Ill pass (strictly football player version)

I like him more than I like Ridder.

FIGHT ME!

I just kind of want the 49ers to have their own sort of Saints/Taysom Hill variant to add a few new wrinkles into the offense and Mond coming out is a much better, more advanced passer than Hill was coming out of college.

Share 49ersWebzone