There are 138 users in the forums

2022 General Prospect Discussion and Watch List

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by English:
Having seen Kittle carrying the team, I want the best available tight end, to give him breathing room and hopefully help him avoid injuries. Under the circumstances I may even be prepared to splash out another 5th round pick.

I like Derrick Deese Jr out if SJSU to replace Ross Dwelley

Or Cole Turner maybe?
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Or Cole Turner maybe?

I'm guessing he gets drafted earlier that I'm comfortable using the draft pick on a tight end
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The only thing I don't like about signing a high profile CB in FA is the cost. Teams usually have to overpay for good ones who aren't either over the hill like Sherman or injured like Verrett. I would prefer a draft pick if they can find a good one in the 2nd round. Trading Jimmy will open a lot of cap space so it's not out of the question that they could sign one but I don't want to overpay.

Lets be real, we should probably do both. Sign Davis and draft Kaiir Elam with our 2nd rd pick. That leaves us with a need at edge, but you can't have it all.

i think Lenoir and thomas still show a lot of promise i would still sign a veteran CB instead of norman though. It shouldnt cost too much because the FA CB market is weak

i would focus draft on RG and EDGE
Originally posted by ritz126:
The only thing I don't like about signing a high profile CB in FA is the cost. Teams usually have to overpay for good ones who aren't either over the hill like Sherman or injured like Verrett. I would prefer a draft pick if they can find a good one in the 2nd round. Trading Jimmy will open a lot of cap space so it's not out of the question that they could sign one but I don't want to overpay.

Lets be real, we should probably do both. Sign Davis and draft Kaiir Elam with our 2nd rd pick. That leaves us with a need at edge, but you can't have it all.

i think Lenoir and thomas still show a lot of promise i would still sign a veteran CB instead of norman though. It shouldnt cost too much because the FA CB market is weak

Was just looking at the CB free agents for next year and you're right. A very weak market for sure. There are plenty of draft options at CB and S this year. Don't think the Niners will re-sign Tartt because of his injury history. Like the idea of signing Davis, but Elam will not be there in the 2nd round. Guys like McDuffie, K. Gordon, M. Emerson or D. Kendrick should be there when the Niners pick in the 2nd.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Was just looking at the CB free agents for next year and you're right. A very weak market for sure. There are plenty of draft options at CB and S this year. Don't think the Niners will re-sign Tartt because of his injury history. Like the idea of signing Davis, but Elam will not be there in the 2nd round. Guys like McDuffie, K. Gordon, M. Emerson or D. Kendrick should be there when the Niners pick in the 2nd.

Maybe I am wrong but this overall class seems to be weak compared to the last two years. Looks like it really falls off after that second round.
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Maybe I am wrong but this overall class seems to be weak compared to the last two years. Looks like it really falls off after that second round.

Imo, a lot of quality corners:
Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Allie Green IV, Missouri
Taiwan Mullen, Indiana
Trent McDuffie, Washington
Kyler Gordon, Washington
Mykael Wright, Oregon
Alontae Taylor, Tennessee
Avery Young, Rutgers
Kaiir Elam, Florida
*Jermaine Waller*, Virginia Tech
Derion Kendrick, Georgia
Cam Taylor-Britt, Nebraska
Mekhi Garner, Louisiana
Joey Porter Jr, PSU
Garrett Williams, Syracuse
Roger Mccreary, Auburn
Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, TCU
Riley Moss, Iowa

Off the top of my head
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Imo, a lot of quality corners:
Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Allie Green IV, Missouri
Taiwan Mullen, Indiana
Trent McDuffie, Washington
Kyler Gordon, Washington
Mykael Wright, Oregon
Alontae Taylor, Tennessee
Avery Young, Rutgers
Kaiir Elam, Florida
*Jermaine Waller*, Virginia Tech
Derion Kendrick, Georgia
Cam Taylor-Britt, Nebraska
Mekhi Garner, Louisiana
Joey Porter Jr, PSU
Garrett Williams, Syracuse
Roger Mccreary, Auburn
Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, TCU
Riley Moss, Iowa

Off the top of my head

Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn - long CB that played WR in high school
Jalyn Armour-Davis CB Alabama - another long, tall CB
Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati
Ahmad Gardner CB Cincinnati
Jaydon Grant CB Oregon State
Storm Duck CB North Carolina - one of best names in draft with Smoke Monday

And Safety later rounds:
Verone McKinley S Oregon
Tykee Smith S Georgia
Yusuf Corker S Kentucky
Kenderick Duncan Jr. S Louisville - rangy 6'3" safety anyone?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
A couple of guys I like are Derion Kendrick from Georgia and for EDGE rusher Arnold Ebiketie from Penn State. I think both would be nice additions in the 2nd and 3rd round respectively.

I did a Mock Offseason on my YouTube channel if you guys want to check it out. Let me know what y'all think!

How are y'all ranking your top edge rushers this far? I got it:

1. Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon
3. Drake Jackson, USC
4. Jermaine Johnson II, FSU
5. George Karlaftis, Purdue

6. Boye Mafe, Minnesota

I think the top 5 guys are clearly in a tier of their own.
Western Kentucky bowl game high scoring. Zappe with 6 TDs in 3 quarters, Jerreth Sterns looks like an interesting late round WR and the interior oline is looking pretty solid

Mika Tafua, DE Utah, 6-3 250lbs
- Leadership
- Disruptive
- High Motor
- Blue Collar High Character
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Western Kentucky bowl game high scoring. Zappe with 6 TDs in 3 quarters, Jerreth Sterns looks like an interesting late round WR and the interior oline is looking pretty solid

our interior OL is looking solid?

Wow, he must be seeing something completely different. Niners could use two IOL in my opinion, one OG and one backup C prospect. Banks hasn't shown anything yet and Brunskill has been inconsistent at best. With McGlinchey coming off of injury, another OT as an UDFA should be a priority, too.

Wow, he must be seeing something completely different. Niners could use two IOL in my opinion, one OG and one backup C prospect. Banks hasn't shown anything yet and Brunskill has been inconsistent at best. With McGlinchey coming off of injury, another OT as an UDFA should be a priority, too.

He was saying the interior OL for Western Kentucky looked good

He was saying the interior OL for Western Kentucky looked good

^

Our IOL looking solid in the run game only, the West Kentucky looked solid running too and seemed to pass protect pretty well.

Sterns looked like a good fit but he is pretty small

Zappe is an older player who followed his coach and system, took a long time to get to the point he is in college. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd QB
Share 49ersWebzone