49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 158 users in the forums

2022 General Prospect Discussion and Watch List

Hutch is a top 15 pick in most drafts, but Anderson looks like a bosa/chase/Myles level prospect
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Different caliber athletes in this Mich UGA game. Anderson should've been at the heisman ceremony instead of Hutchinson, that was a joke

I thought Metchie deserved it, tbh.

We definitely missed him tonight. And agree that Hutchinson is a good player, solid top 15 pick, but Anderson a cut above. Different kind of player than Nick but same level prospect
Different caliber athletes in this Mich UGA game. Anderson should've been at the heisman ceremony instead of Hutchinson, that was a joke

I thought Metchie deserved it, tbh.

We definitely missed him tonight. And agree that Hutchinson is a good player, solid top 15 pick, but Anderson a cut above. Different kind of player than Nick but same level prospect

I wouldn't worry about the Heisman. That's become a joke. Many of the players that win it don't do anything in the NFL It's more of a popularity contest.

I've been watching the bowl games and it's crazy how many players are opting out so they can train for the combine. In other words, they want to bulk up or slim down to gain speed. In effect they're trying to fool the teams that are going to draft them. Football shape isn't good enough anymore. Now they have to weight train or work on their start like they're sprinters. It's all so phony.

I understand the guys that are likely to go in the top 10 or 20 picks where the money is bigger not wanting to get hurt but some of the players opting out are probably 3rd or 4th rounders. For that they're leaving their teams to work out. So sad.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jan 1, 2022 at 8:32 AM ]
Smith-Njigba looks pretty bad ass. Monster game in the Rose Bowl.
Originally posted by Howlett49:

15 catches, 326 yards, 3 touchdowns. Yeah. Pretty good.

80 catches on the year, 1,259 yards, 6 tds... all while playing the slot and being the third best receiver behind Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, two first round picks.

Also consider that Jameison Williams who transferred to Alabama might be the first receiver taken in the draft.

The depth and talent OSU has at receiver might be the best ever. As for Smith-Njigba, I see him as a super slot in the NFL. I don't know if he has the size, burst and long speed to be a true outside, number one... but if he goes to the right team (Dallas, Buffalo, etc) he could be legendary.
As for Smith-Njigba, I see him as a super slot in the NFL. I don't know if he has the size, burst and long speed to be a true outside, number one... but if he goes to the right team (Dallas, Buffalo, etc) he could be legendary.

I think he is going to be an absolute beast in the NFL. Not a super slot a true #1 who is going to be special. Like Antonio Brown at his peak special.
Anyone catch the Iowa Kentucky game? I'm not sure who all actually played /opted out, but Iowa has some good pieces in the secondary, and Wan'dale had a DAY!
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
As for Smith-Njigba, I see him as a super slot in the NFL. I don't know if he has the size, burst and long speed to be a true outside, number one... but if he goes to the right team (Dallas, Buffalo, etc) he could be legendary.

I think he is going to be an absolute beast in the NFL. Not a super slot a true #1 who is going to be special. Like Antonio Brown at his peak special.

Ehh.. no where near as explosive. Excellent hands, really sturdy/strong legs, able to stop on a dime, great feet, can break tackles. But he's nowhere near as twitchy or explosive as a prime AB. We will see what he shows next year, though.

80 catches on the year, 1,259 yards, 6 tds... all while playing the slot and being the third best receiver behind Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, two first round picks.

Also consider that Jameison Williams who transferred to Alabama might be the first receiver taken in the draft.

The depth and talent OSU has at receiver might be the best ever. As for Smith-Njigba, I see him as a super slot in the NFL. I don't know if he has the size, burst and long speed to be a true outside, number one... but if he goes to the right team (Dallas, Buffalo, etc) he could be legendary.

Yeah that's a sick group. Crazy that Jameson has come down here and dominated when he couldn't break through up there. Reminds me of Alvin Kamara and Alabama at that time.
And I agree about all time, OSU receiver group last year and Bamas with Jeudy, Smith, Waddle, Ruggs, and Metchie way up there.

Yeah that's a sick group. Crazy that Jameson has come down here and dominated when he couldn't break through up there. Reminds me of Alvin Kamara and Alabama at that time.
And I agree about all time, OSU receiver group last year and Bamas with Jeudy, Smith, Waddle, Ruggs, and Metchie way up there.

William's success at a school like Alabama is unbelievable. I knew he'd play, maybe have moderate success... but more often than not he's the best player on the entire field. Really a testament to his talent and work ethic.
[ Edited by DaBeegDeek on Jan 1, 2022 at 8:22 PM ]

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Anyone catch the Iowa Kentucky game? I'm not sure who all actually played /opted out, but Iowa has some good pieces in the secondary, and Wan'dale had a DAY!

I did. Kind of find it odd you said Iowa has a good secondary when Wan'Dale went off on them in the game. Besides Linderbaum (Iowa C) who is a top 20 pick, I liked seeing Yusuf Corker S out of Kentucky and Sam LaPorta TE out of Iowa. If Tartt goes, Niners will need a new SS. Corker would be a good mid round option. LaPorta would be a need IF Juice and Dwelley both go in free agency.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

I did. Kind of find it odd you said Iowa has a good secondary when Wan'Dale went off on them in the game. Besides Linderbaum (Iowa C) who is a top 20 pick, I liked seeing Yusuf Corker S out of Kentucky and Sam LaPorta TE out of Iowa. If Tartt goes, Niners will need a new SS. Corker would be a good mid round option. LaPorta would be a need IF Juice and Dwelley both go in free agency.

Wan'dale going off would say more about him than it would Iowa's secondary, IMO. Wan'dale may be a top 10 WR in this class, which is high praise when you consider you've got Treylon Burks, Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, Drake London, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, and David Bell at the top.

For Iowa, Riley Moss would have been draftable if he declared, and there are a few other pieces, tho again, not sure if they played.
It's a tad early but I did the PFF mock draft simulator and took George Pickens WR Georgia at 53. Gave me a B+
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It's a tad early but I did the PFF mock draft simulator and took George Pickens WR Georgia at 53. Gave me a B+

That would be a great player for this new offense with Trey. He's super physical as well so would help the run game. Sign me up
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

That would be a great player for this new offense with Trey. He's super physical as well so would help the run game. Sign me up

At this point, the Niners picking in the mid 50's might mean they have to go for a WR, S or Edge player because good corners will be scarce at that point. With the play of Jennings, Deebo and Aiyuk, our top 3 WR's seem to be set. I am hoping for a WR/KR type to help our "not so special" teams. Guys like Calvin Austin III or Wan'Dale Robinson would be my preference.
Share 49ersWebzone