There are 172 users in the forums

2022 General Prospect Discussion and Watch List

Where is Kendrick predicted to go? So much talent on this field.
Originally posted by Rathof44:

top half of 2nd most likely
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

So you're saying there's a chance......

A Niners chance with 1:57 left

A Niners chance with 1:57 left

I'll take it. Second round has good CB talent for sure if that's the route they go.
Get Lewis Cine somehow. He is a ball player.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Wish we had a shot at Jameson Williams

You got your wish.
Originally posted by random49er:

You got your wish.

i dont think we need a WR but if hes there in round 2 you seriously have to consider pulling the trigger
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by random49er:

You got your wish.

i dont think we need a WR but if hes there in round 2 you seriously have to consider pulling the trigger

I think the Niners have much bigger needs in the DB. Our receivers are more than fine for now, especially with Jennings improvement.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think the Niners have much bigger needs in the DB. Our receivers are more than fine for now, especially with Jennings improvement.

honestly depending if we resign our guys (Verret and Williams) CBs is not as big of a need (imo)

I think we need more of a veteran presence (assuming we resign Verrett) in case of injuries but Mosely and Thomas are pretty good starting CB and if Verrett is healthy then i think we are extremely solid there and Williams is one of the better slot CB. I think a consistent EDGE is the biggest need on the team along with a good ST return man and IOL(RG)

I do agree WR is a complete luxury pick and we dont need one i like our starting Duo and Jennings is extremely solid and reliable and we also have Kittle. Frankly a WR doesnt make sense but if were going BPA that's a top 10 talent that might drop to the 2nd round because of an injury and hes a legit deep threat for Lance
[ Edited by ritz126 on Jan 11, 2022 at 7:58 AM ]

Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

honestly depending if we resign our guys (Verret and Williams) CBs is not as big of a need (imo)

I think we need more of a veteran presence (assuming we resign Verrett) in case of injuries but Mosely and Thomas are pretty good starting CB and if Verrett is healthy then i think we are extremely solid there and Williams is one of the better slot CB. I think a consistent EDGE is the biggest need on the team along with a good ST return man and IOL(RG)

I do agree WR is a complete luxury pick and we dont need one i like our starting Duo and Jennings is extremely solid and reliable and we also have Kittle. Frankly a WR doesnt make sense but if were going BPA that's a top 10 talent that might drop to the 2nd round because of an injury and hes a legit deep threat for Lance

We went into this year thinking that keeping our corners would be enough, and that was so far from the truth. we absolutely cannot be depending on the health of Verrett, and Mosley and Williams have both been banged up throughout the year. I am optimistic about the development of Ambry Thomas, but I think we need to do better in free agency then a hope and a prayer for Verrett's health And I think we need to draft a corner to protect us from needing to sign that Josh Norman's and Kirkpatrick's of the world in case of injury.

For wide receiver, the only way I'm drafting one in the second round is if Treylon Burks falls
The one need the Niners HAVE to address in next year's draft is a primary kick returner. Don't mind having Aiyuk back there for punts, but our KR's (Cannon, Hasty, etc.) are woefully inadequate. Here are the position players at other positions of need who also have special teams ability:

CB
Marcus Jones Houston - PR and KR ability; true game breaker as a returner.
Mychel Wright Oregon - KR who averaged 27.7 per return

WR
Britain Covey Utah - anyone see the Rose Bowl? Enough said
Velus Jones Jr. Tennessee - can handle both PR and KR; second ranked PR in the nation
Ainias Smith Texas A&M - top 10 in the nation in PR

Anyone I missed?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The one need the Niners HAVE to address in next year's draft is a primary kick returner. Don't mind having Aiyuk back there for punts, but our KR's (Cannon, Hasty, etc.) are woefully inadequate. Here are the position players at other positions of need who also have special teams ability:

CB

WR
Velus Jones Jr. Tennessee - can handle both PR and KR; second ranked PR in the nation

Anyone I missed?

Britain Covey will be 26 when he's drafted... I'll pass on him.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Get Lewis Cine somehow. He is a ball player.

If Tartt walks in free agency, Niners should get a young replacement. Cine would be an awesome choice. Deep safety class and he's a 2nd or 3rd round prospect depending on where you look.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

CB

WR

Anyone I missed?

Britain Covey will be 26 when he's drafted... I'll pass on him.

We would be drafting him as a ST KR and PR

so i dont mind his age at all
Share 49ersWebzone