There are 215 users in the forums

2023 NFL combine

I read the article about why the 49ers can't ignore the projected early round picks even though they don't have a pick until round 3. The article mentions that they need to do their homework in case a team wants to trade a high draft choice a year or two later. That makes sense.

They also need to be prepared in case a player starts to slide in the draft. It could present an opportunity to get a guy in the 3rd round who was projected to be a late 1st or or 2nd rounder. They could also jump on the opportunity to trade up to the middle or late par tof the 1st round or into the 2nd round. Point is they need to be ready.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I read the article about why the 49ers can't ignore the projected early round picks even though they don't have a pick until round 3. The article mentions that they need to do their homework in case a team wants to trade a high draft choice a year or two later. That makes sense.

They also need to be prepared in case a player starts to slide in the draft. It could present an opportunity to get a guy in the 3rd round who was projected to be a late 1st or or 2nd rounder. They could also jump on the opportunity to trade up to the middle or late par tof the 1st round or into the 2nd round. Point is they need to be ready.

I hope the don't use any more future 1sts or 2nds. Just be patient.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Fun fact wilks coached Isaiah McGuire at Missouri.

I can get down with this. Only 1 of 3 Edges I'd spend a 3-5 on.

Got the size and power we like at DE.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I hope the don't use any more future 1sts or 2nds. Just be patient.

Yeah not this draft. I don't see a ton of blue chip guys or 1st rd grades.

I believe Adam peters talked about it in an article as well.
Fun fact wilks coached Isaiah McGuire at Missouri.

I can get down with this. Only 1 of 3 Edges I'd spend a 3-5 on.

Got the size and power we like at DE.

His "cons" seem to be things that will come in time

Top Reasons For Concern:
    Room to get stronger and maximize his skill setControl as a finisher

Byron Young is one of the other 2 edges I like. Actually my favorite of all likely edges at our spot.
Can add Cam Jones to the list.

Share 49ersWebzone