LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 253 users in the forums

Anthony Richardson ** CAM JACKSON ** Thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Some of the worst accuracy of any top QB prospect that I've ever seen. He's like a Create-A-Player in Madden in terms of his size and athleticism but his accuracy and decision making in the pocket are woeful. Somebody is going to draft him really early hoping for a Josh Allen glowup.

Might have the highest ceiling of any QB ever drafted but that floor, watch that first step, it's a long fall to the bottom.

You aint wrong...

Going to be crazy to watch how he ends up, you can't teach what he has. Simple as that. You weigh what he brings to the table vs what he can do with what he brings to the table vs what you hope you can teach him to do.

Watching him throw at the combine he has arm for days. Guys dropped a few of his passes because of it.

He also had no instinct to throw the ball before the player was out of a break and he also didn't seem to have much touch or off speed throws.

On the flip side, he was dead on accurate hitting guys in stride throwing from the 9 to the far 30 yard line. That is a 60 yard dime in stride.

I personally would not roll the dice on that big of a gamble when you get to see what he did in college with an early first round pick.

I hope the dude at least gets Drew Brees'ed and ends up at the top of the second to temper expectations. I would hate for him to come in as a franchise savior and have all that put on his plate as he is adjusting to the NFL.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Shocked!

running fast and throwing hard doesn't make you a QB. I honestly never watched him play so I can't really talk about him. That said, what I witnessed at the combine matches his scouting report. Thus, I personally wouldn't be afraid of him in SEA

I had heard of the Panthers moved clear from 9 to 1 but I just didn't think about it until just now, it's gotta be for this guy. Who the hell else would it be? It's the same distance we moved to draft Lance except it wasn't for the overall #1. Just put 2 and 2 together Panthers for all intents and purposes don't have a QB. I don't see any quarterback they make that big of a jump for besides Richardson.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I had heard of the Panthers moved clear from 9 to 1 but I just didn't think about it until just now, it's gotta be for this guy. Who the hell else would it be? It's the same distance we moved to draft Lance except it wasn't for the overall #1. Just put 2 and 2 together Panthers for all intents and purposes don't have a QB. I don't see any quarterback they make that big of a jump for besides Richardson.

That's a hell of a bust to pick this guy. But the Panthers are stupid. So it doesn't surprise me at all. Watch him bust.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by krizay:
No you are not born a QB. In order to be a top 10 pick you should have become one by that point. Not learning to become one. That's how I personally look at it. That's said, if you are only using one pick it's not that big of a risk. It's when you give up multiple starters or potential starters that costs you.

I think that idea has changed somewhat as the league has changed. These kids in college aren't running a ton of pro-style offenses, they're not diagnosing coverages pre/post like QBs at the NFL level. They're not getting full field reads. s**t a lot of them have meh mechanics.

IMO like most positions, it's projecting a player on what they could be. We got smart coaches implementing what these kids did well in college, adding that to their system and slowly expanding the playbook as they grow.

Having elite skill sets that aren't coachable with great intangibles is valued a ton at the QB position across the league right now for a reason.

Another brick thrower that you like. At least this guy can ACTUALLY run fast. Instead of people talking about how fast a guy runs but rather runs like a fat fullback.

I think you move up in that case because you're not sold on Levis or Richardson. Young and Strout are legitimate top prospects and now they get to sort out which one they really want. I could be wrong though.

I think Frank Reich wants someone that can win from the pocket. He says he wants "stability at QB". That makes me think he's not going to take a gamble with a project like Richardson. Just a guess, but I think Strout is the guy at #1.
Originally posted by strickac:
I think you move up in that case because you're not sold on Levis or Richardson. Young and Strout are legitimate top prospects and now they get to sort out which one they really want. I could be wrong though.

I think Frank Reich wants someone that can win from the pocket. He says he wants "stability at QB". That makes me think he's not going to take a gamble with a project like Richardson. Just a guess, but I think Strout is the guy at #1.

Yeah I really see a Stroud at 1 / Young at 2 scenario.. which leaves other QB needy teams scrambling.. all eyes on Colts at 4, they could pull trigger on a QB, and redshirt behind Minshew..
i get the feeling the colts are taking him number 1
Originally posted by lamontb:
i get the feeling the colts are taking him number 1

you mean with pick 4?

I could see it. Then Minshew is in place if he needs time which he likely will.
yea at 4

This guy just flat out sucks. Another guy who will be drafted high due to his athleticism who hasn't any clue how to play the position.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This guy just flat out sucks. Another guy who will be drafted high due to his athleticism who hasn't any clue how to play the position.

he would probably make a good TE

I'm very intrigued by the skills however I can say he's really erratic / inconsistent as a thrower

gonna have to get a good scheme fit, don't ask him to drop back pass and kill you from the pocket, ask him to truck ppl like Hurts, play like Newton, lot of QB run and deep ball
I like this guy; boom or bust, whatever happens, it will be interesting

I'm sorry.. who is Stout ?
Originally posted by BMoore56:

I'm sorry.. who is Stout ?

not a bad idea.. stout

Share 49ersWebzone