George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 151 users in the forums

🏈 2023 NFL ENTRY DRAFT 🏈

Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
If someone would've told me we wouldn't draft a single offensive lineman I would've beat the farm they were dead wrong. I'll never understand their philosophy of never prioritizing the offensive line. Mindboggling.

It can only be explained by Shanahan's plan to prove he's so good as an OC that he needs only an average or below average OLine.

I was calling it. Don't approve but it seemed like the direction they were going.

Didn't you float the theory that the staff is higher on McKivitz than the fans are? Maybe they are higher on Jaylon Moore as well. If McKivitz is the starter, wouldn't that make Jaylon Moore the swing tackle? I'm going to say perhaps they like both more than the fans do. Gotta be a Foerster call, because I can't imagine Foerster wanting an O-lineman in the draft and Kyle and John just ignoring him.

Theres 0 doubt that the 9ers are high on Mckivitz, Moore, and probably even Burford's ability to move outside in a pinch. Every draft site and pundit and every mock around had OT and IOL as a primary need for the 49ers and to not address it all shows they are content with what they have. Seems incredibly short sighted at best to me. Trent isnt playing forever and was a good chance to bring in a developmental swing like Freeland or a functional piece that Saldiveri that could play up and down the line. But obviously hoping that they are right, and that the injury bug does not strike.

I expected us to draft some OL, we've nabbed some in UDFA (fisher & manning). I Hope mckivitz is better than some us think he will be.

i completely understand fans being confused by us not addressing OL, I just don't think where we took a kicker being a big deal. It was our only "need" and got the guy we liked best

- Brown should be the future safety for us. I REALLY like this pick.
- I like the TEs we drafted because of the playmaking ability they add that we've been missing.
- I love the kicker we got. Now we will actually kick touchbacks.
- I like the speed to added on the defensive side of the ball, but they're developmental players.
- I really like the CB we drafted in the fifth. I think he will be a stud.

overall, I think we nabbed some players for
this year and next that can contribute on a stacked team.
Love this

Eli Ricks to Philly.
Mohamoud Diabate to Cleveland.
Did Xavier Smith get picked up yet? Badly want this guy here
Love this

40 reps?! And runs a sub 5 forty?! Sounds like a great prospect physically
well this guy will be a stud hahah

Originally posted by tankle104:
Love this

40 reps?! And runs a sub 5 forty?! Sounds like a great prospect physically

watch the film. Plays like a WWE wrestler. I highlighted him in the late round gems thread...

[ Edited by scooterhd on Apr 29, 2023 at 5:20 PM ]

THIS gotta be the best EXCUSE as to why our draft is a failure !!!
Wow. He said "We have won games when he played..." What a glowing endorsement.
Originally posted by 9moon:

THIS gotta be the best EXCUSE as to why our draft is a failure !!!

A failure you say?... Dude they haven't even been issued uniforms yet and here you are calling them garbage. Niner fans are the worst sometimes.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Wow. He said "We have won games when he played..." What a glowing endorsement.

I mean, I like the guy (Kivitz) and all, and I do hope he becomes an All Pro.. but even our so called Best Mind in Football for a HC confirmed that we needed an OT but could not find out that he believes can beat out Kivitz..

Lets see if any rookies (after the year) will end up having a better season .. especially one after drafting a 3rd round TE..
Share 49ersWebzone