LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 161 users in the forums

🏈 2023 NFL ENTRY DRAFT 🏈

Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love this

40 reps?! And runs a sub 5 forty?! Sounds like a great prospect physically

watch the film. Plays like a WWE wrestler. I highlighted him in the late round gems thread...

Watch this guy beat our Mckivitz 😍🤘.

is he super experienced? What do you think about his technique? Could be the next Larry Allen!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love this

40 reps?! And runs a sub 5 forty?! Sounds like a great prospect physically

watch the film. Plays like a WWE wrestler. I highlighted him in the late round gems thread...

is he super experienced? What do you think about his technique? Could be the next Larry Allen!

Based off of what I'm reading about his athleticism, he would be the fastest, strongest, and quickest o lineman in the draft, right?
Originally posted by 9moon:
I mean, I like the guy (Kivitz) and all, and I do hope he becomes an All Pro.. but even our so called Best Mind in Football for a HC confirmed that we needed an OT but could not find out that he believes can beat out Kivitz..

Lets see if any rookies (after the year) will end up having a better season .. especially one after drafting a 3rd round TE..

I think Freeland and Saldiveri are the ones to watch. Those were guys that were routinely mocked to the 49ers. Obviously drafted right after, so the league also saw top 110 value. Ill excuse Dawand if they didnt think his size/speed fit the system, but I have a suspicion he will see the field and the Browns will love running Chubb behind him.
Originally posted by eastie:

THIS gotta be the best EXCUSE as to why our draft is a failure !!!

A failure you say?... Dude they haven't even been issued uniforms yet and here you are calling them garbage. Niner fans are the worst sometimes.

What?? you calling this draft ONE that will put us on top??

.Niner fans are the worst sometimes !! They blind too !!!
I mean, I like the guy (Kivitz) and all, and I do hope he becomes an All Pro.. but even our so called Best Mind in Football for a HC confirmed that we needed an OT but could not find out that he believes can beat out Kivitz..

Lets see if any rookies (after the year) will end up having a better season .. especially one after drafting a 3rd round TE..

I think Freeland and Saldiveri are the ones to watch. Those were guys that were routinely mocked to the 49ers. Obviously drafted right after, so the league also saw top 110 value. Ill excuse Dawand if they didnt think his size/speed fit the system, but I have a suspicion he will see the field and the Browns will love running Chubb behind him.

Sorry brah, I can't and will never accept the belief of an OL does not fit a system .. but that's just me.. one may not be good in his 1st year, but a RT is a RT (IMO).. I'm not sure why we couldn't gamble on a RT that we can develop over a TE position that can be found year in and year out..

Started 3 seasons. Team didnt play the covid year. Obviously going to a small school and playing lesser talent. So decent experience in terms of reps, but not all against quality competition. Technique is pretty garbage. Gets his pad level way too high, but he can bench 500 pounds, so he usually just picks people up and throws them to the side. Also has really short arms by NFL OT standards at 32 inches and it kind of shows and he likes to grab and hold and throw. I suspect he gets a shot at OT, but OG might be a better fit. He has that mauler mentality, can run out in space well, and the arm length isnt as much a concern there. But in that case he needs to put on weight. I doubt he makes an impact right away, but definitely has some NFL traits that you cant coach in his brute strength, speed, demeanor. At worst hes a camp body that is going to make McKivitz/Pryor/Moore go 100% percent to match his intensity every day.
Sorry brah, I can't and will never accept the belief of an OL does not fit a system .. but that's just me.. one may not be good in his 1st year, but a RT is a RT (IMO).. I'm not sure why we couldn't gamble on a RT that we can develop over a TE position that can be found year in and year out..

I can promise you, different teams will take a lineman entirely off their board if the arm length isnt above X, if the vertical is under Y, if the 10 yard split is above Z.

Started 3 seasons. Team didnt play the covid year. Obviously going to a small school and playing lesser talent. So decent experience in terms of reps, but not all against quality competition. Technique is pretty garbage. Gets his pad level way too high, but he can bench 500 pounds, so he usually just picks people up and throws them to the side. Also has really short arms by NFL OT standards at 32 inches and it kind of shows and he likes to grab and hold and throw. I suspect he gets a shot at OT, but OG might be a better fit. He has that mauler mentality, can run out in space well, and the arm length isnt as much a concern there. But in that case he needs to put on weight. I doubt he makes an impact right away, but definitely has some NFL traits that you cant coach in his brute strength, speed, demeanor. At worst hes a camp body that is going to make McKivitz/Pryor/Moore go 100% percent to match his intensity every day.

I love this!

Well he will get the coaching he needs here. I assume we put him on the practice squad? And hope no one snatch's him?
Originally posted by eastie:

THIS gotta be the best EXCUSE as to why our draft is a failure !!!

A failure you say?... Dude they haven't even been issued uniforms yet and here you are calling them garbage. Niner fans are the worst sometimes.

What?? you calling this draft ONE that will put us on top??

.Niner fans are the worst sometimes !! They blind too !!!

Never said that or even hinted at that. You're the one that called the draft a failure.

Well he will get the coaching he needs here. I assume we put him on the practice squad? And hope no one snatch's him?

You bring him in and let him compete. Matt Pryors deal is not guaranteed and heavily incentive based. I certainly imagine Pryor has a massive leg up right now with his prior NFL experience versus Fisher who is really a complete unknown against real competition, but the point is there is a spot for him if he can earn it. I think practice squad is more likely though. A redshirt year with some real coaching on technique would do him wonders.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Would the Eagles be considered better or worse than they we're last season?

They could be the team to beat again next season In the NFC.

They will have their hands full in their own division (Dallas and NY didn't get worse) and after preseason, I have a feeling their stock will drop a little which could effect their SB expectations. They're not that far ahead of us and nobody even knows who our QB is at this point https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

We will beat the brakes off Philly, e40 style

Imo, eagles, on paper, are the best team in the NFL, in a tier with only KC. Id put the niners at the top of the second tier...probably Niners > Bengals > Bills tho I think Bills match up better vs us than Bengals

At best, son, you give me the giggles

This draft class isn't special in oline. We already have olinemen that have at least one year in the system and watched by the staff. They drafted ZERO olinemen this year, not because they want to tease you, but probably because (in their opinion) none were better than who is already on the roster/PS.

Developmental RTs can be found year in and year out as well.

We actually signed one that went undrafted who on tape looks better than any of the tackles we could have drafted.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 29, 2023 at 7:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone