LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 287 users in the forums

2024 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Originally posted by Heroism:
On the topic of arm length in the OL thread and in honor of the IDL goat's retirement, I remember ten years ago arguing with draftniks who were knocking Aaron Donald for his 32" arms. Don't fall for the arm length psyop.

I'm all about a trade up for Troy Fautanu who may slip to his short arms and G projection. I still think he's got T ability bc boy does he have some quick feet.

? He's got 34 1/2" arms…he's getting knocked for his height which is a hair under 6-4
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Anyone read miller's mock? Holy dogs**t 🤮

Whats your issue with it?

Round 1, Pick 31 Jordan Morgan, G/OT, Arizona
Round 2, Pick 63 Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan
Round 3, Pick 94 Zak Zinter, G, Michigan
Round 4, Pick 124 Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College
Round 4, Pick 132 Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn State
Round 4, Pick 135 Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State
Round 5, Pick 176 Malik Mustapha, S, Wake Forest
Round 6, Pick 211 Anthony Gould, WR, Oregon State
Round 6, Pick 215 Jase McClellan, RB, Alabama
Round 7, Pick 251 Nick Gargiulo, C, South Carolina
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scooterhd:

I really like the Zinter pick. The rest is okay.
I like Morgan but not at 31.

No one is really talking about this RB class, which is understandable since we have the best back in the league and a very good backup (IMO) in Mason.

Having said that, Trey Benson may be the best RB prospect I've seen since AP. I'd rather have him than the 6th-8th tackle at 31. Which is wild because I'd never take a RB in the first. But he's a much much better player than the tier 2 tackles.

Benson has on of the highest break tackle percentages of the last 10 years. It's weird to me that he's going so much under the radar when I'd take him over every prospect besides maybe Saquon.

I like it, and not too different from what we'd see in a typical draft from this regime. Not my favorite prospects, but quality players at positions of need.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

No one is really talking about this RB class, which is understandable since we have the best back in the league and a very good backup (IMO) in Mason.

Having said that, Trey Benson may be the best RB prospect I've seen since AP. I'd rather have him than the 6th-8th tackle at 31. Which is wild because I'd never take a RB in the first. But he's a much much better player than the tier 2 tackles.

Benson has on of the highest break tackle percentages of the last 10 years. It's weird to me that he's going so much under the radar when I'd take him over every prospect besides maybe Saquon.

I like Benson quite a bit, and you bet your tits I'm drafting him in my Dynasty fantasy football league. Great frame, fast as hell, can be physical, and underrated as a pass catcher. But this still kind of a crazy take. He lacks nuance, change of pace, vision, understanding of blocking scheme. Curious as to what your thoughts were on Leonard Fournette? Immense ceiling here for sure, but as a prospect, a lot of holes. Perhaps the physical profile elevates his floor.

I like Benson a lot but no way i'm drafting him in first 2 rounds if I'm the Niners. Once CMC came to town Kyle forgot how to use a RB committee like he did with Mostert, Wilson, Brieda. Seems like Benson would be a wasted pick here.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

I like Benson quite a bit, and you bet your tits I'm drafting him in my Dynasty fantasy football league. Great frame, fast as hell, can be physical, and underrated as a pass catcher. But this still kind of a crazy take. He lacks nuance, change of pace, vision, understanding of blocking scheme. Curious as to what your thoughts were on Leonard Fournette? Immense ceiling here for sure, but as a prospect, a lot of holes. Perhaps the physical profile elevates his floor.

I disagree with your belief on the bolded.

I was not high that on Fournette, so it's weird to me you would compare them. IMO Benson has much better vision and lateral agility.
Originally posted by miked1978:

I like Benson a lot but no way i'm drafting him in first 2 rounds if I'm the Niners. Once CMC came to town Kyle forgot how to use a RB committee like he did with Mostert, Wilson, Brieda. Seems like Benson would be a wasted pick here.

Yeah I'm not advocating we draft him, just trying to make the point that draft a tackle at 31 no matter what would stray away from my draft philosophy of BPA.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-draft-trust-the-tape-prospects-who-shouldnt-be-overlooked-despite-lacking-elite-athletic-traits/

I could see the 9ers being interested in 5 of the 6 players profiled

Doesn't fix the OT spot. Morgan isn't a OT imo. Doubled up at OG and I don't think zinter is a scheme fit. Jenkins is more projection than anything imo. Like Jones and Mustapha. Overall s**tty mock.

I use to like Miller because he has sources and stuff…I think he's a bad evaluator, but good for him to luck onto the ESPN gig
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 5, 2024 at 2:05 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Seen Larry Krueger raving about this guy.
Where's all the top-30 visits? We have what 11 reported? Seems lighter than we usually hear about at this time
Calen Bullock seems like a really good fit in the secondary and a good compliment to Huf and Brown. Thought I saw somewhere he could potentially play in the slot as well, but could be wrong. Seen him projected anywhere from late 2nd to late 3rd
Originally posted by jimrat:

Seen Larry Krueger raving about this guy.

Any guy that Larry Krueger is raving about is a red flag in itself. Never forget that he said Fred Warner was a bad pick and destined to be a special teamer, or that he wanted the 49ers to take Javon Kinlaw over Tristan Wirfs.
Share 49ersWebzone