Max Melton, CB
Renardo Green, CB
Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, S
Marshawn Kneeland, DE
Edgerrin Cooper, LB
Jalen Coker, WR

Mike Sainristil, CB
Ruke Orhohoro, DT

Love a lot of these guys…not gonna lie I haven't watched anything on Jalen Coker lol. Not much real flim of him at Holy Cross.

im kinda out on Kneeland base on where he's expected to go. I don't see a lot of nuance there as a pass rusher. Just bull rush over and over. I hope someone takes him before us in the 1st, maybe Baltimore.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
McKinley Jackson!!!!!

6th round pick please.....I'd even go 5th round!!!!

This. He would contribute year 1
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Shoot maybe O-Tackle is not the priority at #31 like I thought or posted in my Mock.

I'm thinking the 9ers will move up in the 20's now. And the two players I think they move up for are that are not OT's are Brian Thomas Jr. and Nate Wiggins.

Move up for Wiggins? Why? Dude doesn't fit the identity of this team at all. His skinny ass isn't gonna get on the field with how poorly he tackles.

only position I see them moving up for is OT. I didn't get vibes from John about not being interested in OL early. He's right this is a good OL class that has talent up and down the draft. That also doesn't mean they pass on OL in the first.

I say Wiggins because I think he goes higher than the 31st pick and because the 9ers met with him. But if they do stand pat, I see them taking Suamataia who they met and talked with a couple times. If they move up I wouldn't mind Brian Thomas Jr. to pair with Aiyuk.
It seems like the big question is should the Niners move up or stand pat. In either case they should be able to get a good O linemen if that's what they're looking for. If they don't move up they keep whatever draft pick they would have lost (probably a 2nd) and can pick another good player.
I say Wiggins because I think he goes higher than the 31st pick and because the 9ers met with him. But if they do stand pat, I see them taking Suamataia who they met and talked with a couple times. If they move up I wouldn't mind Brian Thomas Jr. to pair with Aiyuk.

I'm not really big on Thomas either…not enough to move up for anyway.
Analytical profiles of all the WRs…guess what it's not really that great after the top 3 guys

Analytical profiles of all the WRs…guess what it's not really that great after the top 3 guys

Some more profile breakdowns

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'm not really big on Thomas either…not enough to move up for anyway.

Need to start thinking about life after Deebo and Jennings. And it's hard to ignore LSU WR's and their production, Thomas had 17 TD's last season that's crazy!!!

Move up for Wiggins? Why? Dude doesn't fit the identity of this team at all. His skinny ass isn't gonna get on the field with how poorly he tackles.

only position I see them moving up for is OT. I didn't get vibes from John about not being interested in OL early. He's right this is a good OL class that has talent up and down the draft. That also doesn't mean they pass on OL in the first.

I guarantee you Wiggins would get on the field despite his less than ideal tackling. He isn't Witherspoon in that department.

Coverage > tackling all day for outside CBs, slot CBs is where tackling is more important.
Need to start thinking about life after Deebo and Jennings. And it's hard to ignore LSU WR's and their production, Thomas had 17 TD's last season that's crazy!!!

Totally get that…thing is I want more of a complete guy. Almost 50% of his yards came off of go routes. He's kinda a one trick pony at this point. I don't think you need to spend a 1st (let alone move up) for a guy that's just a deep threat at this point.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I guarantee you Wiggins would get on the field despite his less than ideal tackling. He isn't Witherspoon in that department.

Coverage > tackling all day for outside CBs, slot CBs is where tackling is more important.

This a catch 22. He would get on the field if we drafted him despite his tackling. Except we wouldn't draft him because of his tackling
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

This a catch 22. He would get on the field if we drafted him despite his tackling. Except we wouldn't draft him because of his tackling

Well yeah that goes without saying. How many teams do you think target CBs because of their tackling abilities?
No spots for DBs that can't tackle in this defense, especially when offenses love to crack the wide ends and get to the perimeter. Ambry Thomas got benched in the playoffs largely because the dude didn't want to tackle.

Teams are going to return to committing to the run game in 2024 due to how modern defenses are playing. Then you factor in teams like the Lions and Packers loading up in the run game and competing for the conference. It's only going to be even more critical in 2024 to have 11 guys on the field that can tackle.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 23, 2024 at 10:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone