LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 177 users in the forums

2024 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Malachi Corley and Malik Nabers are prototype 49er WRs

Corley and Kamren Kinchens look good at our 1st round pick

Rod Moore is another name at safety, but I'm not sure we'll be looking to address the position early next year unless something goes really wrong. Team is obviously high on Ja'ayir Brown, Talanoa Hufanga is a gamer, and I think Myles Hartsfield is a sleeper to stick around. I don't see Corley as a 1st round pick at this time, but he has the ability to elevate his stock. I'd rather keep Aiyuk around than use a 1st rounder on WR, tho.
Malachi Corley and Malik Nabers are prototype 49er WRs

Corley and Kamren Kinchens look good at our 1st round pick

Rod Moore is another name at safety, but I'm not sure we'll be looking to address the position early next year unless something goes really wrong. Team is obviously high on Ja'ayir Brown, Talanoa Hufanga is a gamer, and I think Myles Hartsfield is a sleeper to stick around. I don't see Corley as a 1st round pick at this time, but he has the ability to elevate his stock. I'd rather keep Aiyuk around than use a 1st rounder on WR, tho.

I agree about safety and Aiyuk, just looking at BPA right now and those are the 2 that stand out to me. Probably a OT with first rounder
I agree about safety and Aiyuk, just looking at BPA right now and those are the 2 that stand out to me. Probably a OT with first rounder

OT and CB will likely be a priority
Originally posted by ritz126:

Kinchens should be able to play slot CB/FS/SS and is a bit rangier than our safeties. Also, not sure how long we have Odum and Gipson
Originally posted by ritz126:

DE opposite of Bosa if Jackson totally bombs this year
Princely Umanmielen (Florida, 1) certainly looks the part, and was one of my favorites as a high upside defensive end likely to be available outside of the 1st round (length, twitch, bend) but I may have seen all I need to see in this Kentucky game to be all the way out on him. Kentucky is surprising Florida with total domination, and Princely's body language, motor and effort are leaving a ton to be desired. Walking around out there, not even attempting to get his face in on tackles and not engaging OL with his hands in run defense. Very disappointing outing so far.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Sep 30, 2023 at 11:12 AM ]
Would love Brock Bowers if we had a chance. Him alongside Kittle and takes over later on
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Would love Brock Bowers if we had a chance. Him alongside Kittle and takes over later on

That would be crazy but I don't think we'll have a chance at him at pick 32
What a day for Corley: 8-207-3

WE have too many weapons, adding him actually is not gonna help.. NOT sure about you guys, but I just don't believe in drafting TEs in the 1st round.. making a TE the focal of the offense will never get a team anywhere..

This draft has a bunch of good to great prospects on the offensive line, defensive line and in the secondary. With 12 (?!?!?!?) picks going into the draft, Niners should be able to shore up their major areas of need. Whatever they do, they should NOT deal their first round pick this year. That pick should be used for an OT, DT, Edge or CB/S to upgrade their weakest positions. Here are my favorites for that pick right now:

Graham Barton OT or Kingsley Suamataia OT
Kamari Lassiter, Javon Bullard or Nate Wiggins at CB/S
Michael Hall Jr. or Maason Smith at DT
Balen Trice or JT Tuimoloau at EDGE

Still a long way to go but having these picks will be invaluable to rebuild some reasonably priced depth on this juggernaut.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Oct 9, 2023 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:

That would be crazy but I don't think we'll have a chance at him at pick 32

hes going top 5 to top 10 for sure

would be the best TE duo since Gronk and Hernandez for sure. He is so electric and great at YAC he's a perfect fit. Its just too bad we have no chance and it would be a luxury pick for sure
Taliese Fuaga is getting so much hype right now. Wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted before Latham.
Few big games to watch this weekend:

Oregon vs Washington
Oregon State vs UCLA

I'll have my eyes on:
Ajani Cornelius, OT Oregon
Jackson Powers-Johnson, C Oregon
Brandon Dorlus, DL Oregon
Troy Fautanu, OL Washington
Taliese Fuaga, OT Oregon State
Liatu Latu, EDGE UCLA
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 13, 2023 at 8:03 PM ]
Are there any run stuffing, 2i, DJ Jones guys on anyone's radar? I'm thinking more of that type of player. Maybe Nazir Stackhouse, though I'd want someone a bit shorter, but I absolutely would love that element brought back to this defense as although we still rank highly, we can be gashed inside with the run. We also will have a hole to fill once Kinlaw is off the team.
Share 49ersWebzone