LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 190 users in the forums

2024 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

I was looking at the last couple drafts and saw that our first few picks were players who we officially met with in the pre-draft process. I decided to go through the list of prospects we've met with this year and tried to organize them into Round 1-3 Possibilities.

This is completely unscientific and some names in each round would be considered reaches and some might require us to trade up in that round to get them. For example, if Roger Rosengarten was picked at #31, I think this forum would erupt in puke emojis .

I used the PFF 7 round mock draft to get a general idea for where players might or might not be picked. I don't know how accurate PFF mock drafts have been over the years but I had to start somewhere. Also, there's a strong possibility that I forgot to list a couple players who have had visits and are possible rounds 1-3 possibilities.

When organizing each round, I selected players who have the possibility of being picked before our next pick. For example, Round 1 possibilities include players who will probably be picked before #31 (which would require a trade up) and others that could possibly be picked before our Round 2 selection at #63. I believe in the general draft philosophy that if you like a player and you think you won't be able to get him by your next pick, then you select him even if it's considered a reach. Ideally, you'd like to trade back, collect extra draft capital, and then select him in the general draft position you have them graded at but sometimes it's not easy and there are no trade partners. Also, some players are listed in multiple rounds because there are so many rumors being spread that they could be a surprise 1st round pick but eventually slip into the 3rd. It happens every year and I figure it will happen again this year.

Round 1 Possibilities
  • OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
  • OT Roger Rosengarten, Washington
  • OT Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State
  • OL Graham Barton, Duke
  • OT JC Latham, Alabama
  • OT Jordan Morgan, Arizona
  • OT Amarius Mims, Georgia

• DE Darius Robinson, Missouri
  • DT Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois

• DB Cooper DeJean, Iowa
  • CB Nate Wiggins, Clemson
  • CB Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama
  • CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr., Missouri

• WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina
  • WR Ladd McConkey, Georgia
  • WR Brian Thomas Jr, LSU
  • WR Xavier Worthy, Texas

Round 2 Possibilities

• OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
  • OL Christian Haynes, UCONN
  • OG Christian Mahogany, Boston College
  • OT Patrick Paul, Houston
  • OT Jordan Morgan, Arizona

• EDGE Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan

• DT Michael Hall Jr, Ohio State

• CB Max Melton, Rutgers
  • CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr., Missouri
  • S Javon Bullard, Georgia

• WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina
  • WR Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
  • WR Johnny Wilson, FSU
  • WR Brenden Rice, USC
  • WR Javon Baker, UCF

• TE Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas
Round 3 Possibilities

• OL Beaux Limmer, Arkansas
  • OG Christian Mahogany, Boston College

• TE Erick All, Iowa
  • TE Jaheim Bell, Florida State

• WR Brenden Rice, USC
  • WR Javon Baker, UCF

• S Calen Bullock, USC
  • S Sione Vaki, Utah
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Hahah Crocky and NY finna have to fight

Meh. Dude lost a bunch of credibility when he pounded the table to draft CJ Henderson.

Not sure if serious, but everyone gets things wrong. He is still a very valuable evaluator of CB talent and ability
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Look I don't hate Cooper, never said I did. I think he's a good "football player" You have to project what his role is in the NFL though. Some of ya'll trying to tell me he's some outside CB at the next level and I said, nope I don't think so.

IF I'm taking a guy to play CB in the 1st you gotta be able to play man coverage. Period. If you can't then you can't be a 1st rd pick. Ya'll toss out defensive eraser tag on him…all that means to me, is you don't know what his role is at the next level.

IF you're telling me his best role is at S and playing some slot stuff, cool I can get behind that. That also diminishes his value, there's a reason he WANTS to be an outside CB lol.

Will Blackman said Cooper needs to be used like Hamilton for Baltimore. Not as a straight up CB. Only issues is Hamilton is like 25lbs bigger and 4 inches taller than him. Dude is basically a WLB.

overall I not a fan of this CB class. I think Kool-aid is okay. I don't think he's some stud…my favorite CB in the draft is Mike Sainristil. Dude is a bulldog and twitchy. He's a technician.

He's a slot guy who can probably play some S stuff as well. If he's there at 63 I'm all over him as our nickel guy.

The point still remains: of the players expected to be available at 31, crocky would prefer to draft DeJean
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I guarantee you Wiggins would get on the field despite his less than ideal tackling. He isn't Witherspoon in that department.

Coverage > tackling all day for outside CBs, slot CBs is where tackling is more important.

I mean he's actually pretty bad…also that's one of the reasons one of our CBs hasn't seen the field reportedly (Womack) if you can't be a good tackler, especially in space…you're not making on the field here.

no different than a WR having to be able to block. You can burn everyone downfield or have amazing routes, you're not gonna play much if you can't block. Just how it is.

Witherspoon made the field here, Ambry made the field here just last season. Both are worse in effort to tackle than Wiggins and FAR worse in coverage abilities.

I dare you to watch the All-22 of Deebo when he doesn't have the ball. He stands out like a sore thumb compared to Aiyuk and Jennings, doesn't stop him from playing. Poor example 😂

This. If we had a dude who covered like Denzel Ward, Patrick Surtain or Sauce but didn't tackle very well they would be out there every snap. Ideally you have a strong tacklers but at the minimum just have a willing tackler that will at least force the play back in. Unlike the Weatherspoon and CJ Henderson who go out of their way to avoid the physical part of football. I don't mind Wiggins he makes a few business decisions but I've also seen him come up and make a pop when he has to. Im far more concerned about Wiggins tendency to be to confident in his athleticism and didn't get punished in college. In the pros where QBs like Aaron Rodgers can put a ball on a dime 40+ yards down field and Wiggins won't be a vastly superior athlete I think he's gonna get a big serving of humble pie quickly. He will learn letting a receiver get on top of him on post routes is game over in the NFL.

Receiver shoulda mail flagged this dude at :58

Yeah, dude ran the 4th fastest 40 ever for a CB at the combine and only gave up one reception over 20 yards last year. So yeah, he baits throws and jumps the short stuff because he doesnt get burned. Doesnt happen. Of course, as you mention its different in the league. But this seems more like basic learning process of everybody jumping up to higher competition then it does some flaw in his game. And I'm sure you adapt game by game by the QB you face and even rep by rep based on the WR matchup.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Yeah, dude ran the 4th fastest 40 ever for a CB at the combine and only gave up one reception over 20 yards last year. So yeah, he baits throws and jumps the short stuff because he doesnt get burned. Doesnt happen. Of course, as you mention its different in the league. But this seems more like basic learning process of everybody jumping up to higher competition then it does some flaw in his game. And I'm sure you adapt game by game by the QB you face and even rep by rep based on the WR matchup.

Absolutely this! He played trail on purpose by scheme AND because he can with that speed
If it comes down to Darius Robinson or Roger Rosengarten, who ya taken??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Rosengarten. Need to at least try and add another piece to the O-line. Tired of them drafting D-lineman, pump the brakes on that already.

Kick in the nuts.

That's a disgusting choice

Nightmare scenario.

Neither at 31. Id trade back at least 6 or 7 spots.

I am taking JPJ. At least all the draft simulators that I have done had JPJ available as well with Darius Robinson or Roger Rosengarten.

My draft order for who I think that will be available at #31 is:

1) JPJ
2) Adonai Mitchell
3) Darius Robinson
4) Zach Frazier
5) Kingsley Suamataia
6) Roger Rosengarten
7) Jordan Morgan
Originally posted by asu49ers:

I am taking JPJ. At least all the draft simulators that I have done had JPJ available as well with Darius Robinson or Roger Rosengarten.

My draft order for who I think that will be available at #31 is:

1) JPJ
2) Adonai Mitchell
3) Darius Robinson
4) Zach Frazier
5) Kingsley Suamataia
6) Roger Rosengarten
7) Jordan Morgan

so you take Robinson
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:19 AM ]

DJ has SF taking the other Texas WR

DJ has SF taking the other Texas WR

Yep I want to trade up with Miami and take Fautanu. And Jets fans will riot if they take Bowers over Alt
Share 49ersWebzone