LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 155 users in the forums

2024 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
I'd like Frazier also if he's there. For OT, I like Guyton.

Good calls. Don't think Van Pran is that good even though he plays for Georgia. Would rather have Frazier or Powers-Johnson from Oregon over him. Guyton is the prototypical sized OT and eventually could move over to LT.

I like what I see in Jordan Morgan from Arizona also and he only played LT in his long collegiate career. Athletic and solid all around. Some said late first-2nd rounder.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
I like what I see in Jordan Morgan from Arizona also and he only played LT in his long collegiate career. Athletic and solid all around. Some said late first-2nd rounder.

Wildcat homer, but this is who I would like. Similar build to TW with athleticism, let him be mentored at RT for a couple seasons...
Originally posted by Digger:
Wildcat homer, but this is who I would like. Similar build to TW with athleticism, let him be mentored at RT for a couple seasons...

Our top three draft needs in the following order: Offensive Tackle, Offensive Tackle and Offensive Tackle.

We really need to draft a tackle who can step in and play right now. Shanahan and Lynch have done pretty darn good with drafting good players in later rounds, but they really need to score with some picks on the offensive line.
Not a priority, but watching Kyle Monangai (RB Rutgers) play ….might be an explosive fit in Shanahans system. Don't know if he's declared or not but has some nice acceleration in short space.
Cooper Beebe looking good in his bowl game tonight
At receiver, give me Malachi Corley, Jacob Cowing, and/or Ainias Smith

At IOL give me Zach Frazier
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

OTC, how do you feel about Beebe, Van Pran, Powers-Johnson, or Frazier....if we were only to get one of them....Seems like a warrior at center would be awesome. We've let a few get away in the draft the last few years. They were talking about Beebe yesterday on the radio broadcast of his bowl game like he was incredible, and a great leader. How would you rank them? I think Beebe is the only one that doesn't play center. Also, who would be your pick of the late first/early second round tackles, one who might be able to stick at LT? Probably between Morgan, Suamitaia, Paul, Fautanu and Guyton?
Originally posted by Murphys1:

OTC, how do you feel about Beebe, Van Pran, Powers-Johnson, or Frazier....if we were only to get one of them....Seems like a warrior at center would be awesome. We've let a few get away in the draft the last few years. They were talking about Beebe yesterday on the radio broadcast of his bowl game like he was incredible, and a great leader. How would you rank them? I think Beebe is the only one that doesn't play center. Also, who would be your pick of the late first/early second round tackles, one who might be able to stick at LT? Probably between Morgan, Suamitaia, Paul, Fautanu and Guyton?

IOL I'd take and of them you said, also Christian Haynes out if UConn and Christian Mahoghany out of BC.

OT Morgan or Guyton at the end of the 1st for me. Trade up would be Id love Amarius Mims or The kid out of Oregon State

Agree completely with the WRs OTC Mentioned, add in Jamari Thrash from Louisville, the bowl games with show his route running is great.

Originally posted by jersey49er:

IOL I'd take and of them you said, also Christian Haynes out if UConn and Christian Mahoghany out of BC.

OT Morgan or Guyton at the end of the 1st for me. Trade up would be Id love Amarius Mims or The kid out of Oregon State

Agree completely with the WRs OTC Mentioned, add in Jamari Thrash from Louisville, the bowl games with show his route running is great.

Yeah, I would love they go OT and C on the first 2 picks. Other than Banks lately (and Mcglinchey in 2018) we only added to the group later in the draft to develop. Will this management do it this time around investing early? Hopefully, so we will see. If we come out of this with a higher end tackle and C, that would be sweet! I like OT Guyton/Mims as they are just oozing with athleticism and talent. My only concern from what I read is they haven't played a lot due to previous injuries. I'm hoping it's one of Suamataia or Morgan and then trade up if needed for Frazier anlong with adding some interior DL later. We already drafted on other units the last few drafts. They need to play and see what they got before adding some more. Meanwhile OL needs a couple of studs this next draft.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Dec 29, 2023 at 11:58 AM ]

We seem to want to go bargain bin on the O-Line, (except for Trent) It would be nice to get a couple of mean studs in there with some pedigree. We need to hold our nose and go heavy on OL....we won't regret it two years from now! I say "hold our nose," because that is what I picture Kyle and John doing...not me! Great OL makes everything easier.
Here are those Penn State names again! Not sure if all are playing in bowl game today

Penn State:

#20 Adisa Isaac
#44 Chop Robinson
#3 Johnny Dixon
#25 Daequan Hardy
#4 Kalen King
#2 Keaton Ellis
#1 Jaylen Reed
We seem to want to go bargain bin on the O-Line, (except for Trent) It would be nice to get a couple of mean studs in there with some pedigree. We need to hold our nose and go heavy on OL....we won't regret it two years from now! I say "hold our nose," because that is what I picture Kyle and John doing...not me! Great OL makes everything easier.

I would like to trade up and get Fuaga haha. Dude is just wide and got good movement for his size. He's tossing guys when run blocking.. geez.

Banks was a round 2 pick.McGlinchey was a top 10 pick

i would not say we go bargain hunting at all
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by ritz126:

Banks was a round 2 pick.McGlinchey was a top 10 pick

i would not say we go bargain hunting at all

That's not much over 7 years though.
Share 49ersWebzone