LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 243 users in the forums

2024 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Murphys1:
We seem to want to go bargain bin on the O-Line, (except for Trent) It would be nice to get a couple of mean studs in there with some pedigree. We need to hold our nose and go heavy on OL....we won't regret it two years from now! I say "hold our nose," because that is what I picture Kyle and John doing...not me! Great OL makes everything easier.

Banks was a round 2 pick.McGlinchey was a top 10 pick

i would not say we go bargain hunting at all

That's not much over 7 years though.
Right. It kind of make sense at that time. We lucked out getting Trent Williams via trade for the retiring Staley and Mcglinchey was there at the right side until last year. Then we went from Richburg to Mack at C. The right side could definitely use some stud upgrades this next draft.
Penix got that nifty make you miss and accurate throw deal like Purdy and Russell Wilson. Where would he go in the draft...?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Penix got that nifty make you miss and accurate throw deal like Purdy and Russell Wilson. Where would he go in the draft...?

Vikings 1st round if Cousins is not resigned and they'll be dangerous or Washington trade up in the end of the 1st.

Penix looks like a great prospect. I see a lot of rankings seem to have him as a 2nd round prospect but I think he sneaks into 1st

hes had a lot of injuries so that may cause some drop
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Penix looks like a great prospect. I see a lot of rankings seem to have him as a 2nd round prospect but I think he sneaks into 1st

hes had a lot of injuries so that may cause some drop
After the season he had and the game last night I would be very surprised if he lasts to the 2nd rd.
PFF 5 round mock for SF

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-49ers-5-round-mock-draft-cb-kamari-lassiter-tyler-guyton
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Vikings 1st round if Cousins is not resigned and they'll be dangerous or Washington trade up in the end of the 1st.

Dude has Seattle written all over him
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I hope not bc I think he's going to be real good.

Damn, Jasheen Davis returning to school. Criminal. To me, the EDGE class is not very good this year, both at the top, and with depth. I think if Chop Robinson was somehow there, he'd be the only player I'd skip a good OT for.
Thoughts on the top QBs and where they land?

Caleb Williams - Raiders 1st
Drake Maye - Washington 1st
Jayden Daniels - Atlanta 1st
Michael Penix Jr - Steelers 2nd
Bo Nix - Patriots 3rd
JJ McCarthy - Vikings 3rd

Not sure what the Broncos do. Will they have enough money for Kirk Cousins?

My best bet is that Drake Maye will be the only superstar level QB from this class.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Jan 3, 2024 at 9:35 PM ]
Kingsley Suamataia, Amarius Mims, Jordon Morgan are a couple OT I want to check out as 1st rd guys
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 4, 2024 at 6:08 AM ]
Kingsley Suamataia, Amarius Mims, Jordon Morgan are a couple OT I want to check out as 1st rd guys

Paul sounds intriguing as well, huge upside. But Morgan is my choice
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Thoughts on the top QBs and where they land?

Caleb Williams - Raiders 1st
Drake Maye - Washington 1st
Jayden Daniels - Atlanta 1st
Michael Penix Jr - Steelers 2nd
Bo Nix - Patriots 3rd
JJ McCarthy - Vikings 3rd

Not sure what the Broncos do. Will they have enough money for Kirk Cousins?

My best bet is that Drake Maye will be the only superstar level QB from this class.
I think we will see 4 qbs in rd 1... Williams, Maye, Daniels, and Penix. Then in Rd 2 Nix and McCarthy will be drafted. I would be very surprised if any fell to the 3rd rd.
Share 49ersWebzone