LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 170 users in the forums

2024 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

Sainristil is everywhere.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I'd assume that, as an RFA, Juaun Jennings is back, but Ja`Lynn Polk would be his ideal replacement if necessary. I still think we need to get some more speed on the field, but a lot of teams could do worse than a 1-2-3 of Aiyuk, Deebo and Polk with CMC and Kittle as additional options.

I'd love to take Brendan Rice as Jennings replacement, I think the two are the same receiver. If Rice is there in the 3rd or 4th round, I pray Shanahan takes him.
Bored so I did a quick survey of who is projected to the 49ers currently. No real surprises given the team needs, with Jordan Morgan looking like a consensus to be there at the end of round 1. Picking a WR would be dependent on whether there are any issues with resigning BA. CB Cam Hart is interesting because he looks like an elite talent but I've seen 3rd or 4th round projections for him.

CBS Sports (Edwards) - Jordan Morgan, OT
CBS Sports (Trapasso) - Xavier Legette, WR
CBS Sports (Wilson) - Chop Robinson, EDGE
Drafttek - Graham Barton, OT
Great Blue North - Jordan Morgan, OT
NBC Sports - Jordan Morgan, OT
PFF - Terrion Arnold, CB
SI - Tyler Guyton, OT
Tankathon - Kingsley Suamataia, OT
Walters - Cam Hart, CB
USA Today - Kamari Lassiter, CB
^ Barton, Morgan, Guyton, Paul and Suamataia are all good options that should be there

guys I'd like that would most likely require a trade up to 15-20s range would be Latham, Mims,Fautanu and Fuaga. Guess it depends on how big they view difference is beteeen these guys
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
^ Barton, Morgan, Guyton, Paul and Suamataia are all good options that should be there

guys I'd like that would most likely require a trade up to 15-20s range would be Latham, Mims,Fautanu and Fuaga. Guess it depends on how big they view difference is beteeen these guys

Not a fan of Barton. I think he gets pushed around next level. Many feel he's going inside. We know Alt and Fashanu goes top 7 and I agree Latham, Fuaga, Mims in the teens. Fautanu for me, belongs with the later group.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Not a fan of Barton. I think he gets pushed around next level. Many feel he's going inside. We know Alt and Fashanu goes top 7 and I agree Latham, Fuaga, Mims in the teens. Fautanu for me, belongs with the later group.

His versatility is intriguing , but have seen him projected inside
Fautanu I keep seeing as high as 13-15 and as low as 31.
A player I like, just because of "the eye test". Brandon Dorlus, DE from Oregon. 6'3 290

He didn't produce eye popping stats, but you can tell when someone is a beast. He was reportedly clocked at almost 20mph on the field which is insane. He just looked strong, tenacious, good closer, someone who loves playing football.

Here is a vid of all his pass rushes against Washington. I like videos like this that show every play of a game vs just highlights. You can see how he kept whipping the guard when playing inside, so perhaps he can play DT in the NFL.

He's also by all reports a good kid off the field.

[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on Jan 14, 2024 at 6:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd love to take Brendan Rice as Jennings replacement, I think the two are the same receiver. If Rice is there in the 3rd or 4th round, I pray Shanahan takes him.

There's nobody else quite like Jennings, guy is one of a kind. He's a pissed off offensive lineman in a wide receivers body. He's not just a really good blocker, he relishes contact and loves to hit people.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Graham Barton, G/C, DukeA college left tackle, Barton will move inside in the NFL, and I'll bet he finishes as the top center on several draft boards. He might not have ideal length, but he has quick feet, strong hands and a stubborn finish.

-ideal fit for SF inside imo. Not sure he last to pick 31 and overall would be BPA. Still hate using a top 32 pick on a OG UNLESS the plan is for him to be our long-term center.

63. San Francisco 49ers: Kiran Amegadjie, OT, YaleThis might be early for a raw Ivy League prospect coming off a major injury, but Amegadjie would be a smart investment for a team that needs to start thinking about its future at offensive tackle. Amegadjie has outstanding arm length (36 3/4 inches), athletic gifts and the coachability that should help him get drafted higher than most expect.

-I have him bookmarked in my draft work just based on what I've read. I would be lying if I actually watch anything meaningful from him. Traits and size seem pretty good though.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

31. San Francisco 49ers: Graham Barton, G/C, DukeA college left tackle, Barton will move inside in the NFL, and I'll bet he finishes as the top center on several draft boards. He might not have ideal length, but he has quick feet, strong hands and a stubborn finish.

-ideal fit for SF inside imo. Not sure he last to pick 31 and overall would be BPA. Still hate using a top 32 pick on a OG UNLESS the plan is for him to be our long-term center.

63. San Francisco 49ers: Kiran Amegadjie, OT, YaleThis might be early for a raw Ivy League prospect coming off a major injury, but Amegadjie would be a smart investment for a team that needs to start thinking about its future at offensive tackle. Amegadjie has outstanding arm length (36 3/4 inches), athletic gifts and the coachability that should help him get drafted higher than most expect.

-I have him bookmarked in my draft work just based on what I've read. I would be lying if I actually watch anything meaningful from him. Traits and size seem pretty good though.

this is such an outdated way of thinking of the draft. You draft people who you think will improve your team positions should not matter

Originally posted by ritz126:
this is such an outdated way of thinking of the draft. You draft people who you think will improve your team positions should not matter

Yeah you're right, if you need a kicker you should use a top 100 pick on them for sure! Never mind the rest of the league finds good kickers as UDFAs or late day 3 picks all the damn time. Team position doesn't matter lol

You're right impact of position doesn't dictate how high or low a player gets drafted. We never see QBs get over drafted

You can pretend positions don't matter when it comes to draft value, but in the real world it does matter.
Yeah you're right, if you need a kicker you should use a top 100 pick on them for sure! Never mind the rest of the league finds good kickers as UDFAs or late day 3 picks all the damn time. Team position doesn't matter lol

You're right impact of position doesn't dictate how high or low a player gets drafted. We never see QBs get over drafted

You can pretend positions don't matter when it comes to draft value, but in the real world it does matter.

since when is an OG who plays every offensive snap is the same level as a kicker? Would it make sense for us to draft a QB this year in the first round if he is BPA? no because he wouldn't improve the team

if you are rebuilding and have a lot of holes to fill then yes positional value matters when you are in your SB window you draft players who you think can improve your team now regardless of position
Don't overthink it ShanaLynch! Here is your recipe for sustainable success. OL top loaded due to the difficulty of finding quality players.

R1 - Best available OT for LT spot
R2 - Best available DT to stuff the run
R3 - Best available IOL for RG spot
R3 - Best available OT for RT spot
R4 - Best available CB for nickel slot
R4 - Best available TE to complete against youngsters
R5 - Best available LB to compete with Burks
R5 - Best available WR to compete with Bell
R6 - Best available QB for backup spot
R6 - Best available S for injury insurance
R7 - Best available CB for KOF gunner spot

Was Ja'Lynn Polk mocked anywhere?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

There's nobody else quite like Jennings, guy is one of a kind. He's a pissed off offensive lineman in a wide receivers body. He's not just a really good blocker, he relishes contact and loves to hit people.

I meant body type, of course Rice doesn't have the fire and intensity that Jennings plays with. No way am I comparing that. But Rice is still a pretty decent receiver and I think he would fit right in with Deebo and Aiyuk.
Share 49ersWebzone