LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 244 users in the forums

2024 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

Originally posted by ritz126:
this is such an outdated way of thinking of the draft. You draft people who you think will improve your team positions should not matter

This new way of drafting causes you to draft tweeners that sometimes dont fit anywhere. I believe the 49ers tried this with Solomon Thomas and i dont think that worked out. Give me a player that fits a position and not a square peg when you have round holes.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I meant body type, of course Rice doesn't have the fire and intensity that Jennings plays with. No way am I comparing that. But Rice is still a pretty decent receiver and I think he would fit right in with Deebo and Aiyuk.

How does he block? That seems to be the skillset that will get you on the field with the 49ers.
Baylor Cupp TE Texas Tech
Height: 6 - 6 | Weight: 258
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Baylor-Cupp-TE-TexasAANDM

Late round developmental blocking TE
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
^ Barton, Morgan, Guyton, Paul and Suamataia are all good options that should be there

guys I'd like that would most likely require a trade up to 15-20s range would be Latham, Mims,Fautanu and Fuaga. Guess it depends on how big they view difference is beteeen these guys

Not a fan of Barton. I think he gets pushed around next level. Many feel he's going inside. We know Alt and Fashanu goes top 7 and I agree Latham, Fuaga, Mims in the teens. Fautanu for me, belongs with the later group.

His versatility is intriguing , but have seen him projected inside
Fautanu I keep seeing as high as 13-15 and as low as 31.

Both Fautanu and Barton are being projected as IOL because of their measurables. Some draft pundits are even projecting Fuaga as an IOL which I think is ridiculous. A lot of this confusion will be cleared up during the Senior Bowl week and the Combine.
Good article

https://www.the33rdteam.com/senior-bowl-2024-ranking-top-5-players-at-this-years-event/

Should we move up for any of these - Thoughts??
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd love to take Brendan Rice as Jennings replacement, I think the two are the same receiver. If Rice is there in the 3rd or 4th round, I pray Shanahan takes him.

There's nobody else quite like Jennings, guy is one of a kind. He's a pissed off offensive lineman in a wide receivers body. He's not just a really good blocker, he relishes contact and loves to hit people.

I still think Ja`Lynn Polk is the rich man's Jennings as a receiver, but Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint is the closest thing to Jennings in this draft class. I do think Rice is an archetype of player that this team needs, though.
Jalen Coker measured in at 6012, 218. Hit 19.64mph, had solid acceleration numbers, and led all players in deceleration at east-west shrine practices. Pretty dang good start and stop speed for a player of this size. Add in reliable hands and college production on the deep ball and we might have something here. I want to say he confirmed a combine invite - this'll be a player to watch for sure.
Daniel Jeremiah mock has us 32nd, so he thinks we win. Bucky Brooks mock has KC at 31 and 32, no Niners pick. Is that guy a f**king moron, WTF?
I think most guys use the favorite as winner until proven otherwise.

Nix is not draftable so if teams draft him in 1st 2nd round they are wasting a pick.

Classic case of playing for a college team that out talents other teams 90% of the time. He will be abyssmal in the NFL when the talent disparity is fairly level.
[ Edited by shotgundraw on Feb 10, 2024 at 4:53 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Looks like we have to look into drafting a LB now that Greenlaw is out next season, what a huge bummer.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Looks like we have to look into drafting a LB now that Greenlaw is out next season, what a huge bummer.

Oren Burks is the only free agent and they drafted Dee Winters and Jalen Graham last year. I'm guessing they don't go high on a LB. More likely the early defense picks will be on the DL.
Brendan Rice - day 2 pick
Frank Gore Jr - day 3
Luke McCaffrey - day 3
OL OL OL OL 1st 2nd 3rd whatever it takes
LB
DB
find the best KR/PR
This looks like a really good draft that checks a lot of boxes.
https://ninernoise.com/posts/2024-nfl-mock-draft-plugging-holes-49ers-super-bowl
Share 49ersWebzone