Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I remember hearing someone would take this guy over Brock

Anyone would

Not me.
LOL. There isnt a team in the NFL who would take Purdy over Williams.

Yeah there are. Teams who value player's character and demeanor.

He hasn't played even 1 down in the NFL. I think he will flame out. Too much big in the head for his own good. He reminds me of Jamarcus Russell. I could see him flame out in the NFL for sure. Nobody knows for sure. But the attitude and mindset is absolutely horrible.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Anyone would

Not me.

Purdy now or Purdy 262nd pick in 2022??

Purdy now, no doubt there are teams that would take Purdy over Caleb.

From what I've seen of Caleb Williams, its a hard pass for me.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He hasn't played even 1 down in the NFL. I think he will flame out. Too much big in the head for his own good. He reminds me of Jamarcus Russell. I could see him flame out in the NFL for sure. Nobody knows for sure. But the attitude and mindset is absolutely horrible.

The only similarity between Jamarcus and Caleb is they are both black .

Russell was much bigger and couldn't run like Caleb. He also wasn't near as accurate. I think what has scouts drooling is the way he emulates Mahomes with his improvisation. He's much better than Mahomes was at this same period in his career.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Russell was much bigger and couldn't run like Caleb. He also wasn't near as accurate. I think what has scouts drooling is the way he emulates Mahomes with his improvisation. He's much better than Mahomes was at this same period in his career.

Mahomes didn't have the talent that Caleb had in college. Mahomes also couldn't hold the ball as long as Caleb could in college.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I mean yah that's the obvious answer, but you're missing the biggest similarity and it's they are both in it for the money!!!

I mean yah that's the obvious answer, but you're missing the biggest similarity and it's they are both in it for the money!!!

That's probably 70% of the league , if not more
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

You don't listen to the radio or see the tweets or am I just chatting with a Caleb Williams apologist??

Lol. As are most players.

Mahomes didn't have the talent that Caleb had in college. Mahomes also couldn't hold the ball as long as Caleb could in college.

That's debatable. He had a good core of receivers at Texas Tech and Mike Leach calling the plays in that wide open offense. He wasn't facing defenses in the Big 12 lke Caleb is. Utah. ND. Oregon. Washington. All better than the crappy D they played in the Big 12. I think that's one reason Mahomes wasn't drafted earlier. NFL teams were suspect of any QB coming from that conference.

Anyone would

Not me.

Purdy now. Listen, I love Purdy but he isnt close to being the talent Williams is. But dont take my word for it. Check out the comments from a long term GM..
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-draft-former-nfl-gm-says-hed-take-caleb-williams-over-these-great-qbs-including-peyton-manning/#:~:text=%22Caleb%2C%22%20Spielman%20said%20when,just%20because%20of%20the%20athleticism.%22

He seems like the classic million dollar arm with a ten cent head to me. He has some definite bust potential. Of course people see talent there. He has physical talent. With a ten cent head. That's the problem. Sometimes that busts in NFL history. In fact often it does.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Anyone would

Not me.

Purdy now. Listen, I love Purdy but he isnt close to being the talent Williams is. But dont take my word for it. Check out the comments from a long term GM..
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-draft-former-nfl-gm-says-hed-take-caleb-williams-over-these-great-qbs-including-peyton-manning/#:~:text=%22Caleb%2C%22%20Spielman%20said%20when,just%20because%20of%20the%20athleticism.%22

You still didn't answer my question??

And why am I gonna listen to a GM when 31 GM's got ot wrong 261 times??

You don't listen to the radio or see the tweets or am I just chatting with a Caleb Williams apologist??

Im here making fun of Caleb and weak arguments .
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Oct 22, 2023 at 11:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone