LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 252 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: IDL

Jenkins - holy cow, Alabama was holding him on almost every play lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Here's a name for consideration as a late round option that has caught my eye a few times, Elijah Chatman of SMU. Love a smaller, high motor DT with true explosive power. He's non-stop go go go but despite being lighter than a lot of OL, he more than holds his own and did well against some bigger programs. I'm not positive on this but I believe he was one of Bruce Feldman's freaks, ridiculous power for his size, I think he'd work very well as a primary run stopper.

This guy seems pretty undersized for what we need.
Texas homer saying T'Vondre Sweat. I doubt he gets to us in the 2nd (looking at you Cincinnati) but he is such a hole plugging beast. I'd like to see him play closer to 345. OT is the need but DT is a close 2nd.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Texas homer saying T'Vondre Sweat. I doubt he gets to us in the 2nd (looking at you Cincinnati) but he is such a hole plugging beast. I'd like to see him play closer to 345. OT is the need but DT is a close 2nd.

Was hoping he'd drop to the 3rd due to just being a plugger at this point.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

stranger things have happened
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

stranger things have happened

What I read is that he has the ability to be much more. The write on him was intriguing
Originally posted by lamontb:
This guy seems pretty undersized for what we need.

Considering Armstead and Hargrave being up there in years and Davis being injury prone, they need basically everything at DT right now.
Here's another possibility if people are looking at bigger DT's:

IMO, OT is priority #1.

With AA's reoccurring injuries, DT is # 2.

I really like Poe but he was just too small. We need a beast.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Here's another possibility if people are looking at bigger DT's:

Originally posted by Waterbear:

He won't go very high because he not really a huge threat as a pass rusher but he plays his ass off, has a great motor, is thicc as hell at 6'3" and 320 and has been great against the run. He really fits what the 49ers need most.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, OT is priority #1.

That does seem to be the trend for these Niners - bully ball. Big people move little people. That's why I am on Sweat. He is too big as he is right now (360+) but at 340-345 I think he could be another Hargrave like player. I don't know a ton about DTs in our scheme. It seems we like that hole plugger at one DT and a pass rusher at the other DT. Honestly Sweat does both. I would think that would be valuable.
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Jan 13, 2024 at 7:00 AM ]
IMO, OT is priority #1.

I'm with you on that. I wonder Where is this Jefferson guy going to go in the draft?
Evan Anderson, FAU
IMO, OT is priority #1.

I wouldn't object to it, but would rather we wait until round 3. I love the leap Thomas has taken, but I doubt we keep both Lenoir and Thomas. Available talent will dictate what they should do, but I'm think 1) OT, 2) CB 3) DT 3) OL or DE
Share 49ersWebzone