LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 205 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: IDL

Originally posted by frankieuc68:
I'm with you on that. I wonder Where is this Jefferson guy going to go in the draft?

4th-6th round.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm with you on that. I wonder Where is this Jefferson guy going to go in the draft?

4th-6th round.

Awesome. I wouldn't mind if they snag a couple of interior guys. Kinlaw will be a free agent and Buckner has some leg issues. Kalia is still a question and we need depth badly.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Please get Kris Jenkins Jr.

4th-6th round.

Awesome. I wouldn't mind if they snag a couple of interior guys. Kinlaw will be a free agent and Buckner has some leg issues. Kalia is still a question and we need depth badly.

Buckner??
Originally posted by Waterbear:

4th-6th round.

Buckner??
Oops, what the hell am I thinking lol 😂. AA baby!
For the love of God, please get some damn beef in here if we're still running the wide 9 next year.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Please get Kris Jenkins Jr.

no thanks. I doubt he falls to the 2nd round and I want the Niners to draft either an OL or CB in the 1st. I have to believe there is a fatty DT who can stuff the run and will be available in the mid rounds.
The arguments for an early DT pick
  1. Only 3 DTs under contract for 2024 (Armstead, Hargrave, Davis)
  2. Armstead is entering his final contract year
  3. Armstead and Hargrave both 30+
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
The arguments for an early DT pick
  1. Only 3 DTs under contract for 2024 (Armstead, Hargrave, Davis)
  2. Armstead is entering his final contract year
  3. Armstead and Hargrave both 30+

We definitely need a couple young DTs that can stop the run.
This guy looks like he checks a lot of boxes
https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2024-nfl-draft-maason-smith-scouting-report-lsu-tigers#gid=ci02c5a4e0b0002680&pid=where-he-wins

Not sure how he's being skipped over,...but a legit posibility within those 1st couple of picks...

i dont think we need a high upside type of player we need someone a bit better at taking space and eating blocks
Originally posted by ritz126:
i dont think we need a high upside type of player we need someone a bit better at taking space and eating blocks

Yup. Just a pure run defender would do wonders.

True but at some point we needs to find replacements for guys. Especially with AA and Hargrave being over 30. Gotta find some guys who can stuff the run early and develop some pass rush skills along the way.
Originally posted by lamontb:

True but at some point we needs to find replacements for guys. Especially with AA and Hargrave being over 30. Gotta find some guys who can stuff the run early and develop some pass rush skills along the way.

Yeah there's a balance there… I really like the DT we got from North Dakota State though. I think he can develop nicely.
Share 49ersWebzone