LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 182 users in the forums

Roger Rosengarten-OT-Washington

Talented tackle with the upside to become a top notch NFL tackle ala Brian O'Neill or Kolton Miller. He has limited experience, some technique issues that he needs to be coached up on and he absolutely needs to pack on some more weight and improve his play strength but he has the agility and athleticism to get out to the second level and the motor and effort to block through the whistle consistently. He shows really good awareness and super quick feet, especially for a tackle, so so length but I think he's a worthwhile prospect that gets another shot to show off at the Senior Bowl. I think he's an ideal mid round developmental tackle where you coach him up and develop him into hopefully a quality starter.

Roger that
I went to every Husky home game this year except for one. Rosengarten is a good pass protector, but not exactly a road grader in the run game. Needs to add some bulk and functional strength wherever he goes. Day 3 pick at best but has some tools the Niners could use.
Bump. I really like this kid on day 2
Man I feel like he's a top end pass protector in this draft class

dude is so smooth out there in his pass sets. Hands and feet mirror, he's got great bend/flexion and can reset that anchor quickly. I like his handwork. He sees the field well when it comes to twists and stunts. He's pretty damn athletic.

like others side his run blocking isn't amazing. I still feel like he's best in space pulling/getting to the second level. He's not a big mauler in the run game. I think Coach Forester could get him to where he needs to be there. He's gotta pack on a good 10lbs on muscle….but man you could do way worse then drafting him end of the second/early 3rd. If we don't come away with a OT early. I'm all about this guy
Originally posted by NYniner85:

dude is so smooth out there in his pass sets. Hands and feet mirror, he's got great bend/flexion and can reset that anchor quickly. I like his handwork. He sees the field well when it comes to twists and stunts. He's pretty damn athletic.

like others side his run blocking isn't amazing. I still feel like he's best in space pulling/getting to the second level. He's not a big mauler in the run game. I think Coach Forester could get him to where he needs to be there. He's gotta pack on a good 10lbs on muscle….but man you could do way worse then drafting him end of the second/early 3rd. If we don't come away with a OT early. I'm all about this guy

Originally posted by krizay:

Fisher is another OT that isn't getting talked about at all. I'd be down to draft either guy on day 2 if they don't go OT in the 1st
He took care of Pennix blindside too. For some reason I thought he was just a measurables guy with his 40 etc but I like him in the later rds for sure, well day 2.

He can start RT right away and Kingsley Suamataia at RG and eventually take over LT.
[ Edited by 49erFaithfullest on Mar 26, 2024 at 2:01 PM ]

Fisher is another OT that isn't getting talked about at all. I'd be down to draft either guy on day 2 if they don't go OT in the 1st

I don't want this regime drafting anymore ND OL.

Really starting to think he won't be there in the 2nd
Originally posted by krizay:

Really starting to think he won't be there in the 2nd

Might need to spend some draft capital and move up. If he there's use the 135 and 63 to jumping in front of the Packers. Get to 57. A Barton/Rosengarten draft gives you so much flexibility on the line. 2 high end athletes as well. The RAS scores after pro day will be very high.

Sounds like something we need. According to those stats.
Share 49ersWebzone