LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 163 users in the forums

Roger Rosengarten-OT-Washington

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Feliciano is a journeyman and Burford's status and presence on the roster are why (duh) he was playing in overtime in the Super Bowl last year. Barton would start over either of them next year.

Again, the debate was whether we'd take him over rosengarten if he WERE available and the answer is f**k yes we would, so save your straw man argument.

Feliciano got hurt and therefore Burford had to play in the Super Bowl. You can't be serious right now.

straw argument? WTF are you talking about lol?

Can you read? Your "got me" was that he'll be gone before we pick. The whole f'ing argument was if we'd pick him if he WERE there. Google straw man argument.
Can you read? Your "got me" was that he'll be gone before we pick. The whole f'ing argument was if we'd pick him if he WERE there. Google straw man argument.

I know what straw man is….you're not using it correctly though. you're just coming off as angry for no reason. Calm down dude.

I never said Barton wouldn't be an upgrade. I said he's not gonna be there and more than likely is a center for most teams. Kyle doesn't value OGs like you or others think. Go look at his teams and who played those spots. He's not drafting a guard in the first. Get it out of your head. There's absolutely no reason to, especially in this draft.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 17, 2024 at 10:34 AM ]
I know what straw man is….you're not using it correctly though. you're just coming off as angry for no reason. Calm down dude.

I never said Barton wouldn't be an upgrade. I said he's not gonna be there and more than likely is a center for most teams. Kyle doesn't value OGs like you or others think. Go look at his teams and who played those spots. He's not drafting a guard in the first. Get it out of your head. There's absolutely no reason to, especially in this draft.

I like Rosengarten…..in the 3rd. Gonna be very upset if we take him at 31. I'm starting to get a sense he'll be our pick at 31. Yuck.

This is comedy gold. You assert you know what a straw man is and that I'm not using it correctly. Then you literally repeat the straw man argument. That's precisely what you did. I'm not mad, I'm amused.

The first sentence from wiki's article on "straw man fallacy":

"A straw man fallacy (sometimes written as strawman) is the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion"

If Graham Barton is there, they better f'ing take him.

✌️
Rosengarten is starting to remind me of the BA draft. I was all in on BA. He was the WR that I wanted us to draft. Throughout the process I wanted us to trade down and take him. As the process went along I was fine with him at 31. When we traded up to draft him even I didn't like the trade up. In the end I think that one worked out for us.

I'm starting to feel the same here with RR. I still rather Mims or Kingsley Suamataia probably even Mcconkey or Brian Thomas over RR. Right now I'm actually ok if we took him at 31. Mainly because I don't believe he'll be there at 63. So to me, its not a reach if you don't think you can get your guy with your next pick.
Originally posted by krizay:
Rosengarten is starting to remind me of the BA draft. I was all in on BA. He was the WR that I wanted us to draft. Throughout the process I wanted us to trade down and take him. As the process went along I was fine with him at 31. When we traded up to draft him even I didn't like the trade up. In the end I think that one worked out for us.

I'm starting to feel the same here with RR. I still rather Mims or Kingsley Suamataia probably even Mcconkey or Brian Thomas over RR. Right now I'm actually ok if we took him at 31. Mainly because I don't believe he'll be there at 63. So to me, its not a reach if you don't think you can get your guy with your next pick.
If he is the guy they want they should trade down, get draft capital, and then take him or another OT. In my opinion, the 49ers should either trade up to get an elite OT or trade with a team looking for a guy like Nix and the 5th year contract. Sitting at 31 looks like a bad idea to me unless a stud falls to that spot.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

If he is the guy they want they should trade down, get draft capital, and then take him or another OT. In my opinion, the 49ers should either trade up to get an elite OT or trade with a team looking for a guy like Nix and the 5th year contract. Sitting at 31 looks like a bad idea to me unless a stud falls to that spot.

I feel the exact same way.
Yep. Thinking move back to 36 or 37. And then use the added capital to move back up. Let's get 2 top 50 picks.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Yep. Thinking move back to 36 or 37. And then use the added capital to move back up. Let's get 2 top 50 picks.

This is the way
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

To me it feels like 63 is more no man's land than 31. There are tons of guys I like with our 3rd and 4th. When it comes to our 2nd I find myself forcing guys in there.

I'm all for trading down at 31 then move up from 63. Or stay at 31 and move down from 63

Originally posted by illinois9er:

This is the way

Unless someone we really like slips to within a couple spots in the 1st, I hope we don't trade up too far. It will be too expensive and we have a bad track record when doing that. I'm 100% for trading back into the 36 or 37 range and getting an extra 2nd round pick. Since Adam Peters is with Washington, I wouldn't be surprised if we make a trade with them at some point during the draft, but maybe it'll be in the middle rounds.
This is comedy gold. You assert you know what a straw man is and that I'm not using it correctly. Then you literally repeat the straw man argument. That's precisely what you did. I'm not mad, I'm amused.

The first sentence from wiki's article on "straw man fallacy":

"A straw man fallacy (sometimes written as strawman) is the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion"

If Graham Barton is there, they better f'ing take him.

✌️

You're arguing with yourself about nothing….get a grip man.

Wait so because you don't think he will be there a full rd later, it's not a reach? What's the point of having a big board then? They have to think he's legit the best player when they're picking at 31 to feel like you can't wait to grab him later…and by a wide margin imo.

not a single person has a legit 1st rd grade on this dude…BA did. I'm not really seeing the similarities?

I get a day 2/3 player and reaching a little…SF does that s**t all the time and for the most part it's turned out bad…in the 1st? Man you can't be taking a guy that projected to go like 60th (later for a lot of other folks) and you're justification is you didn't think he would be there at 63

my god just move up a little in the 2nd or move back a couple times from the 1st if you really really really want him.

Even moving back to 36 and drafting him is too rich for me…I'd move back multiple times if that's who the target is…or just move up a couple spots in the second and get him. IMO he should still be there end of the second.
Wait so because you don't think he will be there a full rd later, it's not a reach? What's the point of having a big board then? They have to think he's legit the best player when they're picking at 31 to feel like you can't wait to grab him later…and by a wide margin imo.

not a single person has a legit 1st rd grade on this dude…BA did. I'm not really seeing the similarities?

I get a day 2/3 player and reaching a little…SF does that s**t all the time and for the most part it's turned out bad…in the 1st? Man you can't be taking a guy that projected to go like 60th (later for a lot of other folks) and you're justification is you didn't think he would be there at 63

my god just move up a little in the 2nd or move back a couple times from the 1st if you really really really want him.

There isn't a big difference between player 31 and like player 75 if we're being honest. So why can't this be a get your guy situation? Because Mel Kiper or Dane Brugler or whoever said that he's not a top 50 player?

What's funny to me is, for the past 2 years all I read was how the Trey trade didn't hurt because we were picking near end of the round. Now all of a sudden we have our pick and the end of the 1st is suddenly so valuable.
Share 49ersWebzone