LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 162 users in the forums

Roger Rosengarten-OT-Washington

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Yep. Thinking move back to 36 or 37. And then use the added capital to move back up. Let's get 2 top 50 picks.

Even moving back to 36 and drafting him is too rich for me…I'd move back multiple times if that's who the target is…or just move up a couple spots in the second and get him. IMO he should still be there end of the second.

Yeah, I didnt say move back to 36 specifically for RR. But if you are going to take a Kneeland, Suamataia, McConkey type that feels like a slight reach at 31 IMO, move back. Let Commanders reach for Jordan Morgan at 31 or deal with Guyton. I have a feeling Chargers trade out of 5, and use some capital to move 37 back into the first. Could be another willing partner. If a Penix or Nix is still there at 31, that could draw interest.

Lynch said, hes got 1st round grade on 22 guys. That feels about right to me. One of those guys doesnt drop to you, then to me theres a pretty good size tier of players that I would be just fine with drafting at 35-45, but dont love taking them at 31. And then theres another big lull after 60 or so. Would love to get two in the top 50, or 3 in the top 70. And that give you some capital to take RR later on if that is indeed a target.
Anyone got the odds of him going in the 1st? I might as well make some cash if I'm gonna be disappointed 😆 😢
Anyone got the odds of him going in the 1st? I might as well make some cash if I'm gonna be disappointed 😆 😢

+470
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

+470

$50 to win $285? Sounds like easy money
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

+470

$50 to win $285? Sounds like easy money

I think it's all smoke. Don't get wrong if we don't get a Tackle round 1 I think he's the guy in round 2.
I could easily see Lynch trade #31 to get an earlier 2nd rounder...where they might take RR. Pass pro on the right side...hmm, that really sounds good for a change, eh. His stock is rising, so waiting beyond the 2nd rd could well be detrimental.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I could easily see Lynch trade #31 to get an earlier 2nd rounder...where they might take RR. Pass pro on the right side...hmm, that really sounds good for a change, eh. His stock is rising, so waiting beyond the 2nd rd could well be detrimental.

Lynch really hasn't proven to be a wait for your guy kinda GM.

He's been the complete opposite. It's almost more likely he trades up for RR than to trade back and hope he's there.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

His stock is rising based off what? The only team that he's being linked to is SF lol. I haven't seen one single mock or analysts saying he's gonna get taken by any other team outside of us in the 1st…I've seen multiple analysts that don't even have him top 50 in their big boards for reason.

typical 49er draft…we're overdrafting a guy and no other team is close to as interested in him at that price we do it every single year (usually multiple times). Let's get in a bidding war with ourselves lol.

Lynch and Co are awful at understanding the rest of the league, where those teams value players and making the most out each pick.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 23, 2024 at 12:59 PM ]
I can't even think of one player/pick that the consensus considered an overdraft…that turned into the right pick?

maybe McG who was considered a late 1st guy not top 10 was the most "successful"? Toss in Banks who IMO hasn't played like a top 50 pick at OG (been serviceable though).

Pettis-bust
Hurd-bust
Moody-it's f**king kicker
latu-most considered a late day 3 guy, so far bust.
Beathard- backup QB I can't imagine a single team had him as a top 100 pick.
Damn near every RB we overdrafted so far-bust
I can't even think of one player/pick that the consensus considered an overdraft…that turned into the right pick?

maybe McG who was considered a late 1st guy not top 10 was the most "successful"? Toss in Banks who IMO hasn't played like a top 50 pick at OG (been serviceable though).

Pettis-bust
Hurd-bust
same can be said for every team.

There's only a small amount of for sure picks.. the rest is a crap shoot

Pettis-bust
Hurd-bust

I know you and I didn't, but a lot of people thought Fred Warner was overdrafted.
Originally posted by krizay:
Lynch really hasn't proven to be a wait for your guy kinda GM.

He's been the complete opposite. It's almost more likely he trades up for RR than to trade back and hope he's there.

Death, taxes, and me being pissed at the 49ers for overdrafting players that never end up justifying their draft pick 🫠

Pettis-bust
Hurd-bust

Every year you talk about how you like a player then spend 50% of the time stating why we shouldn't draft him.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I know you and I didn't, but a lot of people thought Fred Warner was overdrafted.

I vaguely remember Fred having a late 3rd/4th rd grade from a lot of folks. Elite athlete with great coverage skills. He was a projection at LBer (3 down guy) based on what he did at BYU I guess.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I remember his melt down on draft night when he thought Aiyuk was overdrafted
Share 49ersWebzone