LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 190 users in the forums

Roger Rosengarten-OT-Washington

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I can't even think of one player/pick that the consensus considered an overdraft…that turned into the right pick?

maybe McG who was considered a late 1st guy not top 10 was the most "successful"? Toss in Banks who IMO hasn't played like a top 50 pick at OG (been serviceable though).

Pettis-bust
Hurd-bust
Moody-it's f**king kicker
latu-most considered a late day 3 guy, so far bust.
Beathard- backup QB I can't imagine a single team had him as a top 100 pick.
Damn near every RB we overdrafted so far-bust

Speaking of. We have deviated the most out of any team in the first 3 rounds the past 5 years based off consensus big boards.

Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Speaking of. We have deviated the most out of any team in the first 3 rounds the past 5 years based off consensus big boards.

Not surprised at all. Even #1 at it
Yet pretty obvious teams listed as least deviated…they don't draft for s**t.
I can't even think of one player/pick that the consensus considered an overdraft…that turned into the right pick?

maybe McG who was considered a late 1st guy not top 10 was the most "successful"? Toss in Banks who IMO hasn't played like a top 50 pick at OG (been serviceable though).

Pettis-bust
Hurd-bust

And id say last year the Rams were more on point with consensus big board and they actually had a good draft 😂

Like Hero said Peter's used the NE philosophy with building a big board…overall it's been pretty subpar. Thankfully we've been lucky enough to hit on a couple later rd guys and traded/signed proven guys…we've been given a f**k ton of comp picks for losing coaches and FO guys. I'd love to see what that has gotten us in return

Pettis-bust
Hurd-bust

Note to self do not follow the consensus closely
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Media projections =/= value amongst NFL teams

Of course if niners DO draft him at 31, we'll never know if KC would have taken him at 32

Dude isn't a KC OT at all imo. Again the only reason he's even in discussions to be a 1st rd guy is because he's being link to SF. Bidding war with ourselves.
Media projections =/= value amongst NFL teams

Of course if niners DO draft him at 31, we'll never know if KC would have taken him at 32

Dude isn't a KC OT at all imo. Again the only reason he's even in discussions to be a 1st rd guy is because he's being link to SF. Bidding war with ourselves.

You may not be wrong, but you don't and can't know that unless he isn't drafted until 63 or later
You may not be wrong, but you don't and can't know that unless he isn't drafted until 63 or later

We will find out soon enough!
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Yet pretty obvious teams listed as least deviated…they don't draft for s**t.
KC is top 5 in least deviated, BAL is top 6th
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
If you want to take this guy just do a trade down. I think there's way better players to take at 31. Draft BPA at 31 not needs. That being said, I know that whatever they do specially after the SB loss, it's gonna be crying city here.^^ Even if I'm not a big "let's draft RR at 31" guy, I mean whatever at the end of the day. It's not the 31th pick in the draft that is gonna decide this team future next season.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Apr 25, 2024 at 6:33 AM ]

Originally posted by pdc20:
If you want to take this guy just do a trade down. I think there's way better players to take at 31. Draft BPA at 31 not needs. That being said, I know that whatever they do specially after the SB loss, it's gonna be crying city here.^^ Even if I'm not a big "let's draft RR at 31" guy, I mean whatever at the end of the day. It's not the 31th pick in the draft that is gonna decide this team future next season.

For me I'm just tired of reaching for players that never playing to their draft pick. RR could end up as a okay starting RR, cool that's not what you want in the 1st. They could be passing up much better talent at other positions just because…tired of that s**t.

We've already wasted 4 of our last 5 1sts rd picks and our last 2nd pick…don't get me started on what we've done with a lot of our 3rd rd picks

all those comp 3rds we've gotten for free have turned into what?
For me I'm just tired of reaching for players that never playing to their draft pick. RR could end up as a okay starting RR, cool that's not what you want in the 1st. They could be passing up much better talent at other positions just because…tired of that s**t.

We've already wasted 4 of our last 5 1sts rd picks and our last 2nd pick…don't get me started on what we've done with a lot of our 3rd rd picks

Drake Jackson I thought would be better. He on a milk carton these days.
Never got the love this staff had for Ruben Foster.
Trey Lance was horrible.

Have you or anyone done like a "shadow" 49ers draft? Who SF passed on or should have taken instead of Drake or Cam Latu, Danny Gray etc.
Originally posted by MinerForty-Niner:

Drake Jackson I thought would be better. He on a milk carton these days.
Never got the love this staff had for Ruben Foster.
Trey Lance was horrible.

Have you or anyone done like a "shadow" 49ers draft? Who SF passed on or should have taken instead of Drake or Cam Latu, Danny Gray etc.

Quite a few people do. I'll post one after the draft. However, they lose some value if its not done live. Its easy to say ive got these 3 guys in the same tier, you want to take one in the third round, but if you are doing it after the whole draft plays and you see 1 guy from the tier is available in the 4th, you make that the pick and figure out who has more value to you in the third. Huge advantage that a GM doesnt have.

I tried to tell you.
If we draft this guy at 31 I'll be livid. Second round would be ok. He's talented but no where near NFL strength yet. He needs two years in the weight room to be effective. As others have noted, I'm tired of the Niners reaching in round one. RR would definitely be a reach.
Share 49ersWebzone