LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 251 users in the forums

Roger Rosengarten-OT-Washington

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would rather have gone offensive line. Than yet another WR which we don't need. Need over not need. He was pretty good coming out and at least for now appears pretty good in the NFL. Things can change. Offensive line early would have been better. In addition to Puni who we hit a homerun on.

Don't overdraft for need. Ever.

Need and value were there. Both with this guy. He seems good so far.

He was taken 62. That's not value at 31.

Can you imagine the fit he would have thrown had they taken him at 31
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I don't care where he was taken. Joe Montana was taken in the 3rd round. Tom Brady in the 6th round. Brock Purdy in the 7th round. You think these teams know what the hell they are doing when they pick in certain spots? You just want a good player. It doesn't matter where you get them.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 18, 2024 at 9:47 AM ]

I don't care where he was taken. Joe Montana was taken in the 3rd round. Tom Brady in the 6th round. Brock Purdy in the 6th round. You think these teams know what the hell they are doing when they pick in certain spots? You just want a good player. It doesn't matter where you get them.

We are familiar with your work. Would have been the typical responses
"what a reach"
"another mcGlinchey"
"bust"
wah wah wah

I don't care where he was taken. Joe Montana was taken in the 3rd round. Tom Brady in the 6th round. Brock Purdy in the 6th round. You think these teams know what the hell they are doing when they pick in certain spots? You just want a good player. It doesn't matter where you get them.

"what a reach"
"another mcGlinchey"
"bust"
wah wah wah

No actually I would have been happy with offensive line. What we didn't need was yet another WR. How many WR's do you need? We can't even get Jennings on the field enough. Cowing looks good at WR (not return man - different skill sets).

"what a reach"
"another mcGlinchey"
"bust"
wah wah wah

Complaining about taking a kicker which they needed in the 3rd round. I agree it makes no difference what round it is. If a player is there when a team makes a pick then they grab him. Only the 1st round are really value picks and even the talent in that round starts to drop off after about 20. As far as Rosengarten goes I don't know if he would have worked well here or not. Kyle's system isn't a good fit for just any lineman no matter how well he played in college. Personally I would like to see them get a really good center. Not just an average center but one they can build the O line around. Great centers are a major part of every great O line. Recently we saw Jason Kelce anchor a good Eagles O line. In yers past we had Jim Otto in Oakland. Dwight Stephenson in Miami. Mike Webster in Pittsburg. Randy Cross and Jesse Sapolu in SF.

I'm tired of them trying to fill that spot with former great centers that are past their prime. Either make a bold trade and get a good one or make a real effort in the draft assuming there's one worth taking. I know they have hopes for Nugent who was very good at Michigan but he's a little undersize. Maybe he can add some weight and develop.

"Brock Purdy in the 6th round". Really?
Originally posted by English:

7th and it's a typo. It's not unbelievable to have a typo after thousands of posts. Everyone does.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Complaining about taking a kicker which they needed in the 3rd round. I agree it makes no difference what round it is. If a player is there when a team makes a pick then they grab him. Only the 1st round are really value picks and even the talent in that round starts to drop off after about 20. As far as Rosengarten goes I don't know if he would have worked well here or not. Kyle's system isn't a good fit for just any lineman no matter how well he played in college. Personally I would like to see them get a really good center. Not just an average center but one they can build the O line around. Great centers are a major part of every great O line. Recently we saw Jason Kelce anchor a good Eagles O line. In yers past we had Jim Otto in Oakland. Dwight Stephenson in Miami. Mike Webster in Pittsburg. Randy Cross and Jesse Sapolu in SF.

I'm tired of them trying to fill that spot with former great centers that are past their prime. Either make a bold trade and get a good one or make a real effort in the draft assuming there's one worth taking. I know they have hopes for Nugent who was very good at Michigan but he's a little undersize. Maybe he can add some weight and develop.

Need to acquire Erik McCoy.

Originally posted by English:

7th and it's a typo. It's not unbelievable to have a typo after thousands of posts. Everyone does.

Typos are the least egregious things about your posts. Those are at least excusable.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

About as prototypical of a fit in this offense as it gets.
Share 49ersWebzone