LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 155 users in the forums

Roger Rosengarten-OT-Washington

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I didn't want to comp him to Joe. He's not Joe but they do have some similarities along with some of the deficiencies.

I'm not using a 1st on him at all…second rd pick seems to be the sweet spot. Possibly move up a couple picks if we miss on one of the top OTs in the 1st.

All the lack of power and strength talk sound more like MM

He's not 6-8 315 though. He's got a better anchor imo and much better at resetting then big mike…however MM is much much much better as a run blocker. Not saying Rosengarten sucks, he can pull/move decently,but he's pretty scheme dependent as a run blocker.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
These things make me believe he's got a good chance at being the pick. And yes we'd reach for him in the first like they reach for prospects in every draft

Originally posted by krizay:
I too would prefer him in the 2nd. HOWEVER, if Mims, Kingsley Suamataia, Mitchell and Kool-aid are off the board and our options are the IOL, DL, Rakestraw, Guyton, Morgan I would strongly consider Rosengarten. Would likely be between he and McConkey for me

Honestly I like Rosengarten.

I do think he's a better pass-blocker than run blocker right now. He's only gonna be a fit for certain schemes and the lack of overall length and issues vs power will push him down.

listening to locked on 49ers this AM, they did a draft recap on him. They comped him to Ezra Cleveland which I can see (I was a fan). He was a late 2nd rd guy and turned into a OG in the NFL unfortunately.

I'm coming away with one of the OTs in the first if at all possible. Kingsley/mims/Fautanu/Latham etc….if they need to move up, move up. They have a f**k ton of day 3 picks. Use a future pick if there's a guy they absolutely love.
Interesting video. There were some things that I wasn't aware of: experience on the left side, history with the McCaffrey family, and is working with Joe Staley pre draft. Opinions may be mixed on him, but with those connections, he's probably an option.

[ Edited by GorefullBore on Apr 12, 2024 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Interesting video. There were some things that I wasn't aware of: experience on the left side, history with the McCaffrey family, and is working with Joe Staley pre draft. Opinions may be mixed on him, but with those connections, he's probably an option.

So he was move to the right side to protect the blind side of the lefty QB. Nice tidbit. So he's the 2nd round pick then.
Every time I read this dudes last name I lol. Rookie of the year movie immediately comes to mind

👀
Originally posted by Heroism:

👀

Rosengarten is 100% happening

Unless….Fautanu falls a little and we trade up for him. Please please please let it be this

Definitely going to be him

Unless….Fautanu falls a little and we trade up for him. Please please please let it be this

I started trying to watch Rosengarten but Fautanu kept grabbing my attention. I clicked off the video because I didn't want to get excited about a prospect that the 49ers' couldn't have.

Rosengarten seems alright.

👀

Originally posted by Brucey72:

Definitely going to be him

Here's a Lombardi video on these developments.

[ Edited by GorefullBore on Apr 13, 2024 at 3:36 PM ]

I'm OK with Rosengarten being our 1st pick if it is a trade down and they pick up an additional 3rd. This would allow for draft capital to trade up
I started trying to watch Rosengarten but Fautanu kept grabbing my attention. I clicked off the video because I didn't want to get excited about a prospect that the 49ers' couldn't have.

Rosengarten seems alright.

Yeah I just don't see a first round Tackle in him. He's exactly what you said, alright. That's how I'd feel if we took him too, just alright, depending on who we passed on though

Originally posted by Brucey72:
I'm OK with Rosengarten being our 1st pick if it is a trade down and they pick up an additional 3rd. This would allow for draft capital to trade up

Yup I'd feel much better about him being the first pick if it was in the 2nd round after a trade back

👀

Like Roger love Fautanu. Spending a first on Rosengarten would be such a 49er move
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 13, 2024 at 5:08 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like Roger love Fautanu. Spending a first on Rosengarten would be such a 49er move

IMO he will be there at 63.
Originally posted by Oilcan:
IMO he will be there at 63.

I don't think he'll make it to 63. This is going to be a case of fans upset because of where these mock sites had him. I wouldn't love him at 31 but wouldn't hate it either
Share 49ersWebzone