LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 181 users in the forums

Roger Rosengarten-OT-Washington

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Oilcan:
IMO he will be there at 63.

I don't think he'll make it to 63. This is going to be a case of fans upset because of where these mock sites had him. I wouldn't love him at 31 but wouldn't hate it either

Most mocks have him in the late 50's through early 70's. Taking him at 31 seems ridiculous.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I kind of doubt Mitchell is there at 31 but if I knew for sure he would be I would make that trade. Fauntanu and Mitchell would be a great haul and get us 2 high upside starters on rookie contracts.

Yeah that's why i said best scenario. Either way I'd rather keep BA and find another way to move up for a OT (or back for RR in the second).
I just said I think we should pay Aiyuk $28-29M/year. I think highly of him as a player (top 10 WR) but players getting paid market value aren't that valuable to a team compared to rookies on far below market contracts (but with more risk). Cheaper is self-explanatory. They both had one year left on their deal. Brown was being paid $1.3M while Aiyuk is being paid $14M.

Brown had more yards per game, yards per target, TDs in years 1-3 than Aiyuk had in years 2-4 in a more prolific passing offense. Brown was also more productive in the playoffs. Most of the arguments 49ers fans make for Aiyuk being a top 10 WR were stronger for Brown when Brown was traded.

They're close comps but Brown was better, cheaper, and younger when the Titans traded him. There's no reason we should get the same return for Aiyuk.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Most mocks have him in the late 50's through early 70's. Taking him at 31 seems ridiculous.

Yeah man he's not a first rd pick imo. Trade down in the 1st or up in the second
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I just said I think we should pay Aiyuk $28-29M/year. I think highly of him as a player (top 10 WR) but players getting paid market value aren't that valuable to a team compared to rookies on far below market contracts (but with more risk). Cheaper is self-explanatory. They both had one year left on their deal. Brown was being paid $1.3M while Aiyuk is being paid $14M.

Brown had more yards per game, yards per target, TDs in years 1-3 than Aiyuk had in years 2-4 in a more prolific passing offense. Brown was also more productive in the playoffs. Most of the arguments 49ers fans make for Aiyuk being a top 10 WR were stronger for Brown when Brown was traded.

They're close comps but Brown was better, cheaper, and younger when the Titans traded him. There's no reason we should get the same return for Aiyuk.

BA was just shy of 1,400 yards off only 75 catches. He avg almost 17.9 Y/R this yr which was second in the league. Dude was 36th in targets. Who was AJ brown competing with as far as targets go in Tenn?

AJ had one game where he went off in the playoffs while at Tenn.

Without question that's the comp compensation wise…anything less is silly and I highly doubt SF would agree.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 14, 2024 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah man he's not a first rd pick imo. Trade down in the 1st or up in the second

I agree with you on both statements. To me it would depend on what's available to us. I would rather Rosengarten at 31 than JPJ or Barton.

I get what you guys are saying, but it's also not unusual for the league to disagree with mock drafts. For all we know most teams see him as a borderline first round pick.
Originally posted by Oilcan:
IMO he will be there at 63.

I don't think he'll make it to 63. This is going to be a case of fans upset because of where these mock sites had him. I wouldn't love him at 31 but wouldn't hate it either

And every year mock drafts completely miss the boat on a large number of players. I think Rosengarten will be in demand considering the high number of teams running the Shanahan offense.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I get what you guys are saying, but it's also not unusual for the league to disagree with mock drafts. For all we know most teams see him as a borderline first round pick.

It's not just mock drafts it's respected analyst, the prospect and the film he put out there. Go watch the Michigan game (and I like him).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 14, 2024 at 1:44 PM ]
It's not mock drafts it's respected analyst, the prospect and the film he put out there. Go watch the Michigan game (and I like him).

I don't think Fautanu was much better that Michigan game personally. He was getting pushed back just as much if not more than Rosengarten

It's not mock drafts it's respected analyst, the prospect and the film he put out there. Go watch the Michigan game (and I like him).

I don't think Fautanu was much better that Michigan game personally. He was getting pushed back just as much if not more than Rosengarten

Jenkins was having his way with Rosengarten

Jenkins was having his way with Rosengarten

Going back and watching it again. Fautanu was getting all kinds of help from the backs and TEs. Rosengarten was left on an island.
Going back and watching it again. Fautanu was getting all kinds of help from the backs and TEs. Rosengarten was left on an island.

I'll watch it again when I get a chance. One rep stood out in my head where RR got smoked inside by their LBer Harrell.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 14, 2024 at 2:30 PM ]
Here's a video of their pass pro plays

I wouldn't say Troy had a ton more help than RR with the TE. I don't think either played that great.
Again I like him a lot. I think he's a good pass-protector. He's not a 1st rd talent though. His run blocking isn't where it needs to be. He has issues with power and the lack of true length can be an issue. Overall it's not hating him…it's objectively evaluating him and his strengths/weaknesses.
Share 49ersWebzone