LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 181 users in the forums

Roger Rosengarten-OT-Washington

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Most mocks have him in the late 50's through early 70's. Taking him at 31 seems ridiculous.

Yeah man he's not a first rd pick imo. Trade down in the 1st or up in the second

Exactly
Originally posted by krizay:
I agree with you on both statements. To me it would depend on what's available to us. I would rather Rosengarten at 31 than JPJ or Barton.

Hell no, I would take JPJ or Barton in a second over Roger at 31.

I think its wrong to reach much on the 1st rounder. As NY said I like Roger, but imo he's round 2 no brainer for us if there. I would have no issue taking Suamataia at 31 and then follow with Roger at 63 if it went that way.
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Apr 15, 2024 at 7:22 AM ]
Exactly

I think its wrong to reach much on the 1st rounder. As NY said I like Roger, but imo he's round 2 no brainer for us if there. I would have no issue taking Suamataia at 31 and then follow with Roger at 63 if it went that way.

Same for me, no way I'd pass on JPJ or Barton for Rosengarten.
Have to remember that Fautanu is 2 years older then Rosengarten. Patrick Paul is 2 years older. Jordan Morgan is a year older. Tyler Guyton is a year older. That comes with pros and cons. How you view that determines what your goals are. Maybe that depends on how your view the talent you already have at the position. But if your are drafting OT and the thought process is, this guy is going to be a backup swing tackle year one, and then take over a starting position next year, then your thought process has to include, not only who do we think is talented right now, but who is going to be the best player after a year in our system.
Exactly

To each their own. There are quite a few G/C that I think can step in and play. Where as after Rosengarten I don't think there's a day 1 starter out there at tackle. Not to mention, I don't see any C/G starting year 1. They will at best be called upon in 25. Not using a 1st on that.
Exactly

To each their own. There are quite a few G/C that I think can step in and play. Where as after Rosengarten I don't think there's a day 1 starter out there at tackle. Not to mention, I don't see any C/G starting year 1. They will at best be called upon in 25. Not using a 1st on that.

That is a fair take as many say there are like 7 centers that are starting caliber(!?) So if the 49ers believe that then taking Roger high with a center in the middle rounds makes sense.
That is a fair take as many say there are like 7 centers that are starting caliber(!?) So if the 49ers believe that then taking Roger high with a center in the middle rounds makes sense.

Add Nick Samac to the list, that boy can scoot!
I have zero problem with draft an OT in round 1 and trading up to pick 50 to deadtneosegwrten in round 2
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Have to remember that Fautanu is 2 years older then Rosengarten. Patrick Paul is 2 years older. Jordan Morgan is a year older. Tyler Guyton is a year older. That comes with pros and cons. How you view that determines what your goals are. Maybe that depends on how your view the talent you already have at the position. But if your are drafting OT and the thought process is, this guy is going to be a backup swing tackle year one, and then take over a starting position next year, then your thought process has to include, not only who do we think is talented right now, but who is going to be the best player after a year in our system.
No. He needs to be ready to start.

no swing tackles with first round picks.
Exactly

Barton will absolutely start in the nfl next year.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

He wouldn't start for us

I should say, he likely wouldn't start for us this year.
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 15, 2024 at 12:24 PM ]

• 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
I have zero problem with draft an OT in round 1 and trading up to pick 50 to deadtneosegwrten in round 2

Even if deadtneosegwrten
[ Edited by 91til on Apr 15, 2024 at 2:27 PM ]
Roger that
Originally posted by 91til:

Even if deadtneosegwrten

You guys are funny, the guy hasn't even been drafted yet and he has a nickname.😂😂😂

This is exactly my opinion.

I really like Rosengarten, and I really hope the Niners draft him...as a 2nd OT in this draft.
Ideally they trade down a little, draft the top rated OT on the board, and then draft Rosengarten after.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

He wouldn't start for us

I should say, he likely wouldn't start for us this year.

Dude, you are consistently clueless. Barton is our starting RG tomorrow. He'd have a legit chance at C next year - acknowledging that the team is unreasonably loyal to Brendel and it's less likely. Barton is a slam dunk upgrade over Burford though.
Share 49ersWebzone