There are 214 users in the forums

Darius Robinson-DT/DE-Missouri

Just had a really impressive Senior Bowl and has the kind of versatility on the DL and the locker room and off the field character that would make him a strong fit for the 49ers. Very well could continue to blow up and end up well out of the 49ers range in the 1st but for now, he's a possibility that is worth looking at. 6'5", 286, a very prototypical 3-4 DE that can be moved all over the defensive line. He's got outstanding length(35"arms), explosiveness(one of Bruce Feldman's freaks), a two year team captain that is recognized for his leadership and he plays with an insane motor, rarely taking plays off. His body type and play style remind me a lot of Michael Strahan.

He's also played for Wilks previously so there's some familiarity there as well.

Just seems like the kind of guy the 49ers will trade up for. I am still hoping for Mitchell at 32 but would not be upset at all to get a guy like Robinson
I'm starting to think we need to just start yearly positional threads because I think the few of us really into this stuff fill the board with too many individual posts to keep up with 😅

OK, aside from that, yeah, Robinson would be awesome to have here. We need another freak on this line that embodies the character of our defense, which is high motor, explosive playmakers that give great effort every snap.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Just seems like the kind of guy the 49ers will trade up for. I am still hoping for Mitchell at 32 but would not be upset at all to get a guy like Robinson

I think the loss of Omenihu really hurt the team this year. Robinson seems like he has the type of profile to find success in that kind of role somewhat early.
You thinking DE or inside? To my eyes DE better suits him. If he played at 275-280 lbs, he may be even faster off the ball. How is he on setting the edge?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Mitchell might have played himself into mid 1st
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm starting to think we need to just start yearly positional threads because I think the few of us really into this stuff fill the board with too many individual posts to keep up with 😅

OK, aside from that, yeah, Robinson would be awesome to have here. We need another freak on this line that embodies the character of our defense, which is high motor, explosive playmakers that give great effort every snap.
I like this idea. The Cards forum actually has a good one.

https://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/board/19/nfl-drafts
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I like this idea. The Cards forum actually has a good one.

https://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/board/19/nfl-drafts

Yep this is how I'd do it too. I'll go ahead and start it now.
Darius Robinson checks all boxes in what Kyle and John Lynch are looking for in Defensive Linemen. He has the length, speed, and agility to succeed in the NFL. He also he offers position flexibility; able to play inside or outside on the line. He had a great Senior Bowl Week and moved himself into 1st Round conversation.
Missouri defensive lineman has worked for us in the past… hopefully without the off the field stuff.

Yes please
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yes please

Watch us draft a developmental offensive lineman over this future All-pro lol

That's how we roll

After plenty review, I think we have zero chance at him without trading up. Barring injury, he's a first round lock, probably top 25.
Share 49ersWebzone