There are 213 users in the forums

Darius Robinson-DT/DE-Missouri

Originally posted by Heroism:
Just quickly watched some film since he seems to be a favorite of 49ers' fans. Obviously, the dude is physically gifted. A lot of impressive reps on tape, but holy hell, dude seems wildly uncontroled at times. His pass-rush plan needs to be refined. I didn't see a primary counter move. He negates his physical gifts by taking s**tty angles on entry with his rushes. Body type wise, he reminds me a lot of Charles Omenihu, who was 6-5 280 at the combine and played everywhere along the DL.

Omenihu dropped like 20 pounds after joining the 49ers and getting situated into the wide 9.

Apparently, the NFL Network was not impressed by his performance at the Underwear Olympics:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-scouting-combine-stock-up-stock-down-day-1-braden-fiske-dallas-turner-sizzle

Do you think that changes his status as a top prospect for the Niners?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Apparently, the NFL Network was not impressed by his performance at the Underwear Olympics:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-scouting-combine-stock-up-stock-down-day-1-braden-fiske-dallas-turner-sizzle

Do you think that changes his status as a top prospect for the Niners?

I don't think he did anything to hurt his standing with the 49ers. He certainly isn't going to move up any further than he already was because of his performance. His game has always been about power so I'm not sure why they are acting shocked that he didn't keep up with some of the smaller edge rushers.

If the 49ers draft him, its largely due to his versatility and being able to play him at base end and move him inside. He'd be a replacement for Armstead.

He was so good in the senior bowl 1 vs 1 drills. Uses his power well and is very instinctual. Would be a great fit alongside Bosa on early downs or obvious rushing situations. Could slip inside on obvious passing downs. Really versatile player. I think our overall needs, recent signings (Gross-Matos specifically), and lack of lower picks makes targeting him unlikely, but I still love watching his college tape. Actually much of that Missouri defense looks like it has some 49ers on it. LB Tyron Hopper is an interesting off ball linebacker prospect. Fits that speedy, lower weight built that we seem to prefer. And if you wanted to spend a development year on S Jaylon Carlies, I think he could become a weakside linebacker. Ran a 4.5 at 227 pounds at the combine. He's 6'3, monster hands, arms and wingspan. Could probably add some lower body weight and not lose speed. Super strong. He's a safety but outlifted all but 2 LBs at the combine. Just love all the physical tools and coverage skills from being in the secondary. Worth a stash IMO. And then of course CB Rakestraw is good in run defense, has 32 inch arms. High risk, high reward type. I think he might actually be a better zone corner but would need some time to develop there. But yeah, just a fun group to watch.
Now that we got Leonard Floyd, does that mean we can rule out for our pick? Seems like OL is the obvious pick.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Now that we got Leonard Floyd, does that mean we can rule out for our pick? Seems like OL is the obvious pick.

Too obvious. I wouldn't rule any pass rusher out at all at 31. There are still tons of o line talent to be had. We shall see

I would think so. OL makes all the sense in the world, but I worry our pick is in the black hole. Top tackles will surely be gone. A chance Barton and Powers-Johnson are gone. Probably 8 OL picks before us. Depends how you feel about guys like Morgan, but if a top CB, DL, WR is there, you may go BPA and take a project tackle in the 2nd or 3rd.
Originally posted by scooterhd:

I would think so. OL makes all the sense in the world, but I worry our pick is in the black hole. Top tackles will surely be gone. A chance Barton and Powers-Johnson are gone. Probably 8 OL picks before us. Depends how you feel about guys like Morgan, but if a top CB, DL, WR is there, you may go BPA and take a project tackle in the 2nd or 3rd.

Im not in love with the value of the projected CB, WR and DL at that spot either. I'm not opposed to Edgerrin Cooper, tho I'm sure I'd be crucified for that decision if I was GM
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Im not in love with the value of the projected CB, WR and DL at that spot either. I'm not opposed to Edgerrin Cooper, tho I'm sure I'd be crucified for that decision if I was GM

If your not in love then trade back a few spots. I know everybody wants to consolidate picks, but that doesnt mean you cant move the first pick back and then move up in the second and third rounds.
If your not in love then trade back a few spots. I know everybody wants to consolidate picks, but that doesnt mean you cant move the first pick back and then move up in the second and third rounds.

You gotta find another team for that and still have an idea that there's a guy there you will want.

You gotta wonder what OT6/7 in this draft would be in another draft? Probably higher than that, even if you're not getting a top 5OT in this draft that doesn't mean that prospect isn't worth that 31st pick.
I am more convinced than ever they are drafting this guy at #31. They have been looking for that guy opposite Bosa for the longest time and haven't really been able to do it because they haven't had a 1st RD pick in awhile. They were hoping Drake Jackson would be that guy but it looks like that is not going to pan out. Robinson also can play inside, He's a hybrid DE and you know who else was a hybrid DE? Armstead who they were more than happy to pay to play somewhere else. So they also might look at Robinson as their Armstead replacement. He can play all over the Dline.
His agilities, yikes. Still a good player, but more evidence in contrast of the "great athlete" narrative.
His agilities, yikes. Still a good player, but more evidence in contrast of the "great athlete" narrative.

Yup
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yup

Gotta admit I've soured a little on him after those atrocious numbers. I'd go in another direction after the Gross Matos signing, think that first pick would be better spent elsewhere than Darius Robinson
Share 49ersWebzone