LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 260 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: RB

Post about your favorite RBs here.
Looking at some day 3 guys Kendall Milton and Jase McClellan seem to be intriguing. Hopefully Kyle's over the inside the tackles RBs.
Bucky irving, Oregon after watching Achane in MIA I want some more juice. Could also run similar routes as CMC in the passing game. If CMC was out would be a perfect compliment to Mason/Mitchell

Dylan Laube, NH. Poor man's CMC.

Isaac Guerendo, Louisville another Poor man's CMC and perfect compliment to Mason/Mitchell not quite the route running as the other two or CMC but has some juice and could be a full time fill in.

Jawhar Jordan, Louisville. Reminds me of Mitchell but with more speed.
If his name isn't Gore Jr, I don't want him drafted this year. Grab as many undrafted RBs as your heart desires.
As much as I'd love some of my favorite runners this year, I don't know that we need to pick one in the draft. Their chance of making the final roster is likely slim.

Wouldn't mind someone that can return kicks and punts though.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
As much as I'd love some of my favorite runners this year, I don't know that we need to pick one in the draft. Their chance of making the final roster is likely slim.

Wouldn't mind someone that can return kicks and punts though.

I wouldn't mind another pass catcher outta the backfield. That way if CMC misses a game we can have a RB by committee to fill in for him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I wouldn't mind another pass catcher outta the backfield. That way if CMC misses a game we can have a RB by committee to fill in for him.

Exactly! That's really the only kind and only reason I'd want to draft one

Plus Mitchell going in to his last year and always hurt. There is a path for a rookie to make the team and contribute
[ Edited by krizay on Feb 25, 2024 at 4:56 PM ]
I like Will Shipley. He's good catching out of the backfield and a good blocker. The reason Kyle doesn't trust anybody else other than CMC is because nobody else can be a receiving threat or a good blocker. The problem is the 2nd RD is too early for him and he won't be there in the 4th RD. Which means you would have to draft him in the 3rd RD which has not been lucky for the Niners. Especially with the RB position.
As long as it is round 5 to 7 I am ok with drafting one RB. With the top 3 spots under contract seems to me they should AVOID RB in round 3;)
Jaylen Wright Tennessee 👀 got some serious speed, can pass block and has good contact balance. Scheme fit. Not sure what round he's projected to go?

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 26, 2024 at 10:58 AM ]

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Jaylen Wright Tennessee 👀 got some serious speed, can pass block and has good contact balance. Scheme fit. Not sure what round he's projected to go?

Apparently 4.3s is not hyperbole. If he measures in at like 5'10" 220lbs, he should be a big riser.
Originally posted by krizay:
Bucky irving, Oregon after watching Achane in MIA I want some more juice. Could also run similar routes as CMC in the passing game. If CMC was out would be a perfect compliment to Mason/Mitchell

Dylan Laube, NH. Poor man's CMC.

Isaac Guerendo, Louisville another Poor man's CMC and perfect compliment to Mason/Mitchell not quite the route running as the other two or CMC but has some juice and could be a full time fill in.

Jawhar Jordan, Louisville. Reminds me of Mitchell but with more speed.

Just watched him and I think he would drive Kyle insane. There were so many plays I saw where instead of hitting the hole and getting the first down, he bounced outside and lost yardage. So frustrating to watch. He's got nice power and runs hard, but his decision making drove me nuts. Laube though, love him. One of my favorite players in this class.
Duh

Duh

Never saw this coming
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Duh

Never saw this coming

And informal meeting could just mean they said hi to eachother since Frank does work in our front office lol. But man I would freaking love to have the trifecta of Rice, Gore, and Mccaffrey added to the team.
Share 49ersWebzone