There are 190 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

Originally posted by NYniner85:

So they have his backpedal drill?
How were kings overall #s?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
How were kings overall #s?

Solid, but only ran 4.61

Slower than I expected but I don't put a ton of weight on 40. Kings tape to me probably still has him among the top 10 corners in this class.

I don't want to suddenly starting throwing guys way up or way down the board because they timed a tenth of a second below or above expected.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Khyree Jackson - 6'4" 194 lbs, 40 yard 4.50!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Khyree Jackson - 6'4" 194 lbs, 40 yard 4.50!!

Did he run three cone and shuttle?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did he run three cone and shuttle?

No. Ryan Watts was the best athletically of the jumbo corners, but he probably needs to transition to safety.

6'3", 208
34-1/2" arm
40: 4.55
10: 1.55
V: 40.5"
B: 10'5"
3C: 6.82
SS: 4.13
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Solid, but only ran 4.61

Slower than I expected but I don't put a ton of weight on 40. Kings tape to me probably still has him among the top 10 corners in this class.

I don't want to suddenly starting throwing guys way up or way down the board because they timed a tenth of a second below or above expected.

Agree with you OTC, Kings tape is a typical case of his game speed trumping that underwear speed. If that causes him to drop, I'd take him with open arms. I'm a sucker for speed, especially with WRs, but game tape always trumps all

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Agree with you OTC, Kings tape is a typical case of his game speed trumping that underwear speed. If that causes him to drop, I'd take him with open arms. I'm a sucker for speed, especially with WRs, but game tape always trumps all

Game tape shows him getting torched by Marvin Harrison. The kind of WR he's going to see on Sundays
Originally posted by krizay:

Game tape shows him getting torched by Marvin Harrison. The kind of WR he's going to see on Sundays

I mean who didn't get smoked from him? Never said I'd use a high pick on him either
Originally posted by krizay:

I mean who didn't get smoked from him? Never said I'd use a high pick on him either

Exactly lol. That's like saying game tape showed Ch. Ward getting torched by Puka Nacua for 147 yards so that must mean Ward sucks. Great players are gonna have great games and sometimes good players have bad games.

King is not a top 20 pick, but I do think he's a top 75 value personally. NFL coaching can help him become a very good pro IMO.
I like Cam Hart's performance among bigger DBs as well:

Former Notre Dame standout Cam Hart delivered an exceptional performance at the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine, showcasing impressive athleticism and size, acing the weigh-in and posting stellar athletic testing numbers.

By the Numbers
  • Height: 6-3
  • Weight: 202
  • 40-Yard Dash: 4.50 seconds
  • Vertical Jump: 39.5 inches
  • Broad Jump: 10 feet, 10 inches
  • 3-Cone: 7.12 seconds
  • 20-Yard Shuttle: 4.24 seconds
State of PlayCam Hart demonstrated exceptional athleticism and agility in positional drills, dispelling concerns about slow transitions for a longer athlete.
  • His draft stock now hinges on the upcoming medical evaluations following his stellar performance at the combine.
Bottom LineCam Hart's outstanding performance at the Scouting Combine positions him as a top prospect, pending the outcome of his medical evaluations.

https://bvmsports.com/2024/03/01/cam-hart-shines-at-nfl-scouting-combine-with-impressive-measurements-and-performance/
This is just a comment about players that come to the combine but don't do certain skill tests. It's usually the 40 or the shuttle tests. The bulk up and do the weigh ins and the weight lifting. Then they lose 10 lbs or so and run the 40 at their pro day.

I think that's BS. Losing weight to run faster is a joke. If I was a GM I wouldn't put any faith in a 40 like that. They're already phony to some extent since they run in shorts instead of full equipment. Dropping 10 lbs or so to lower your 40 is even worse.
Share 49ersWebzone