LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 209 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This is just a comment about players that come to the combine but don't do certain skill tests. It's usually the 40 or the shuttle tests. The bulk up and do the weigh ins and the weight lifting. Then they lose 10 lbs or so and run the 40 at their pro day.

I think that's BS. Losing weight to run faster is a joke. If I was a GM I wouldn't put any faith in a 40 like that. They're already phony to some extent since they run in shorts instead of full equipment. Dropping 10 lbs or so to lower your 40 is even worse.

I think the 40 time has always been a very overrated test. The 10 yard split is more important. And now that teams have the GPS speed of players in game at their playing weight it's just now a test to see if a player can do something freakish like yesterday.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What ever happened to that dude?!

woo 5 rings call out! he was the Michigan homer right? Rashan Gary greatest football player eva dude?
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

woo 5 rings call out! he was the Michigan homer right? Rashan Gary greatest football player eva dude?

Bosa won DROY and he retired from the zone.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Bosa won DROY and he retired from the zone.

sounds about right.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-combine-texas-techs-tyler-owens-says-he-doesnt-believe-in-space-and-other-planets/

just gonna remove him from my big board.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-combine-texas-techs-tyler-owens-says-he-doesnt-believe-in-space-and-other-planets/

lol kid is an athletic freak too man.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

One could say his athleticism is out of this world
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

lol yup that dude…should be pumped to talk Michigan prospects this yr

One could say his athleticism is out of this world

Possible star in the making

Wow CB1? I love Crock and respect his opinion, but man I disagree on this one. Will be interesting to follow. Quinyon Mitchell is my CB1, then I'd take Arnold, Wiggins and even DeJean before Kool-Aid
I've got it:

1: Quinyon Mitchell
2: Terrion Arnold
3a: Kool-Aid McKinstry
3b: Cooper DeJean
5: Enis Rakestraw
6: Nate Wiggins
7: Renardo Green
8: Max Melton
9: Cam Hart
10: Kris Abrams-Draine

Wow CB1? I love Crock and respect his opinion, but man I disagree on this one. Will be interesting to follow. Quinyon Mitchell is my CB1, then I'd take Arnold, Wiggins and even DeJean before Kool-Aid

im telling ya if he's there at 31.

im telling ya if he's there at 31.

This regime doesn't draft dbs on day 1 lol. But damn I think he'd be perfect for us.
Kool Aid is a pretty decent punt returner as well.
Share 49ersWebzone