LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 265 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Wow CB1? I love Crock and respect his opinion, but man I disagree on this one. Will be interesting to follow. Quinyon Mitchell is my CB1, then I'd take Arnold, Wiggins and even DeJean before Kool-Aid

im telling ya if he's there at 31.

This regime doesn't draft dbs on day 1 lol. But damn I think he'd be perfect for us.

To be fair when was the last time a DB was worth drafting at our 1st round pick? Maybe Derwin James over McGlinchey but considering they traded Trent Brown it ended up being a bigger need than we expected heading into the draft.
Originally posted by genus49:

Wow CB1? I love Crock and respect his opinion, but man I disagree on this one. Will be interesting to follow. Quinyon Mitchell is my CB1, then I'd take Arnold, Wiggins and even DeJean before Kool-Aid

This regime doesn't draft dbs on day 1 lol. But damn I think he'd be perfect for us.

To be fair when was the last time a DB was worth drafting at our 1st round pick? Maybe Derwin James over McGlinchey but considering they traded Trent Brown it ended up being a bigger need than we expected heading into the draft.

I was gonna say the same thing. We're at a point in the draft where someone outside of OL might drop that's pretty freaking good

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I remember Hysterikal wanted Mike Hughes in 2018. I tried to tell him Jaire Alexander was the better player but he wouldn't listen.

"I hate Jaire" were his exact words actually.
I think Malik Mustapha is a very interesting late 3rd early 4th round prospect.
While he hasn't been a ball hawking safety to this point he plays extremely fast and is always around the ball in the run game.
seems like he's playing at a different speed on the field as the other players.
Thoughts
Originally posted by Oilcan:
While he hasn't been a ball hawking safety to this point he plays extremely fast and is always around the ball in the run game.
Thoughts

He seems a lot like Hufanga and Brown, he is a good blitzer. We probably need another safety
Thoughts

I too like him as a prospect. However, I think his skillset is somewhat redundant. Wouldn't hate it. Wouldn't love it
Originally posted by krizay:
Thoughts

I too like him as a prospect. However, I think his skillset is somewhat redundant. Wouldn't hate it. Wouldn't love it

I mean depending on where we got him, I would love it. He fits our scheme and everything about him screams 49er. He'd be a great pick on day 3, but to krizays point, if he reached for him it wouldn't make much sense for the redundancy and how much he would contribute this season

I mean if he's there at 31 and we took him, I wouldn't be mad. Of course I would go in another direction, especially with him coming off surgery
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I remember Hysterikal wanted Mike Hughes in 2018. I tried to tell him Jaire Alexander was the better player but he wouldn't listen.

"I hate Jaire" were his exact words actually.

Has anyone watched Dadrion Taylor-Demerson DB Texas Tech?

dude flys all over the field. He's got range to play single high and can play in at nickel if need be. He's twitched up and has 4.4 speed.

He's a bit undersized at S at 5-10 195lbs and a 5th yr player, but apparently he's got that dog in him and his teammates would run through a wall for him. I'll take a guy like that on day 3
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 22, 2024 at 5:02 AM ]
Has anyone watched Dadrion Taylor-Demerson DB Texas Tech?

dude flys all over the field. He's got range to play single high and can play in at nickel if need be. He's twitched up and has 4.4 speed.

He's a bit undersized at S at 5-10 195lbs and a 5th yr player, but apparently he's got that dog in him and his teammates would run through a wall for him. I'll take a guy like that on day 3

He is my favorite safety in the draft. I've been mocking him 4th round which means he's gone on the 3rd ):
Demerson was in my mock last night. Him and Evan Williams are my two most common picks at safety.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
He is my favorite safety in the draft. I've been mocking him 4th round which means he's gone on the 3rd ):

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Demerson was in my mock last night. Him and Evan Williams are my two most common picks at safety.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Amir Riep... any info as far as type of player?
Share 49ersWebzone