LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 284 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

Originally posted by pd24:
Amir Riep... any info as far as type of player?

Looks to be a potential Nickel. He may have been a higher rated prospect if he didn't have all the off field b******t that he was innocent of so I'm guessing we are doing our diligence trying to find another late round gem.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by pd24:
Amir Riep... any info as far as type of player?

Looks to be a potential Nickel. He may have been a higher rated prospect if he didn't have all the off field b******t that he was innocent of so I'm guessing we are doing our diligence trying to find another late round gem.

Thank you
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Wow CB1? I love Crock and respect his opinion, but man I disagree on this one. Will be interesting to follow. Quinyon Mitchell is my CB1, then I'd take Arnold, Wiggins and even DeJean before Kool-Aid

im telling ya if he's there at 31.

This regime doesn't draft dbs on day 1 lol. But damn I think he'd be perfect for us.

To be fair when was the last time a DB was worth drafting at our 1st round pick? Maybe Derwin James over McGlinchey but considering they traded Trent Brown it ended up being a bigger need than we expected heading into the draft.

lol same draft to be fair
I'm hoping for a CB that can play outside with the Niners third pick. Tall with some length and strength to press. Not necessarily short area quickness. I feel like Demo would be a great slot CB even though he's probably the second best CB on the team. He can play outside but I feel he can really solve any issues that they may have had inside.

I'm not sure Isaac is the answer outside but I'd like to see him compete and earn it if so. I don't follow these prospects but I'm sure there's a few prospects that fit the mold that I mentioned for the outside. I also said their third pick of the draft because I'm hoping for OT and then IOL with the first two.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
I'm hoping for a CB that can play outside with the Niners third pick. Tall with some length and strength to press. Not necessarily short area quickness. I feel like Demo would be a great slot CB even though he's probably the second best CB on the team. He can play outside but I feel he can really solve any issues that they may have had inside.

I'm not sure Isaac is the answer outside but I'd like to see him compete and earn it if so. I don't follow these prospects but I'm sure there's a few prospects that fit the mold that I mentioned for the outside. I also said their third pick of the draft because I'm hoping for OT and then IOL with the first two.

This is a good draft for that. Lots of guys with length projected to go in that 3rd and 4th round area. Definitely adding a third guy to compete with Yiadmon and Ambry makes alot of sense.

Another part of wants to grab a CB in the first and just get this secondary settled.

Seems to be a fairly deep and talented class of CBs. At this point if someone like kool aid is BPA at their pick they should pull the trigger.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
This is a good draft for that. Lots of guys with length projected to go in that 3rd and 4th round area. Definitely adding a third guy to compete with Yiadmon and Ambry makes alot of sense.

Another part of wants to grab a CB in the first and just get this secondary settled.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Seems to be a fairly deep and talented class of CBs. At this point if someone like kool aid is BPA at their pick they should pull the trigger.

I wouldn't be opposed to a CB in the first. (Assuming that's where they need to take Kool-aid? 😂)

I feel like the top picks should almost always be in the trenches though. Unless the team is completely deprived of skill position talent. I know they could really use another top tier corner but that OL could really use a boost as well. From what I hear this is the draft to do it in.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I wouldn't be opposed to a CB in the first. (Assuming that's where they need to take Kool-aid? 😂)

I feel like the top picks should almost always be in the trenches though. Unless the team is completely deprived of skill position talent. I know they could really use another top tier corner but that OL could really use a boost as well. From what I hear this is the draft to do it in.

agree. If the discrepancy between the top OL and CB on their board is negligible, I'd go with OLShould be interesting to see how the draft shakes out for them with it being so deep at CB and OL.
I think quinyon mitchell and terrion Arnold are quite easily the top 2 corners in the draft this year.
There goes Nubin.

top 30 visit for Andru Phillips Kentucky DB

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 1, 2024 at 4:23 PM ]
I like Philips alot. More like a Chiefs man to man cover guy though. But hes a gem.
top 30 visit for Andru Phillips Kentucky DB

They been showing a lot of interest in him and Melton. I'd be kinda surprised if we don't end up with one of them at this point
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like Philips alot. More like a Chiefs man to man cover guy though. But hes a gem.

It seems the 49ers like him more since they met with him at the Combine and brought him in for a visit. Phillips has 5 official visits, but I think the 49ers and Eagles are the only ones to meet with him twice. I'm betting the 9ers draft him.
Share 49ersWebzone