LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 210 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I just checked out this dude. Is he projected to last to their pick? Because he totally feels like a 49ers pick. Dude looks like CMC playing DB.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 2, 2024 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

I just checked out this dude. Is he projected to last to their pick? Because he totally feels like a 49ers pick. Dude looks like CMC playing DB.

Kinda hard to project, because he won't be for everyone. I can see some teams having him at DB1 and others CB6. He screams Packer to me, but there's a good chance he makes it to 31.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 2, 2024 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Kinda hard to project, because he won't be for everyone. I can see some teams having him at DB1 and others CB6. He screams Packer to me, but there's a good chance he makes it to 31.

His big selling point seems to be his versatility in the secondary, correct?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

His big selling point seems to be his versatility in the secondary, correct?

Yes. And I personally do not think he makes it to us. If he does, I know some don't really like him, but I wouldn't think twice about taking him. I can see the Ronnie Lott path in this kid starting off at CB and making the move to Safety and excelling at both. Can be our return man year one. I agree with Hero, kid screams 49er and yeah he would be the CMC of our defense 😂
I can copy and paste what John Lynch said after drafting Ji'Ayir Brown and apply it to Cooper DeJean. The 49ers love guys that are team captains(huge emphasis on this), versatile, tough, physical and smart. They really need another DB that is tough and physical in run support and be depended on to fit his gap, which is critical in the wide 9. We saw how a liability like Ambry Thomas(Adam Peter's pick) was attacked in the playoffs. Obviously, he's good in zone and the 49ers are still primarily a zone defense. Also, the defense is missing a guy they can move around to match up in man coverage against tight ends when they mix things up, and they can also put him in the slot if they prefer Dmo outside. Cooper can do all those things.

This dude just screams 49er to me. DB is definitely higher on the need list with both Dmo and Ward up for new deals.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 2, 2024 at 12:34 PM ]
I can copy and paste what John Lynch said after drafting Ji'Ayir Brown and apply it to Cooper DeJean. The 49ers love guys that are team captains(huge emphasis on this), versatile, tough, physical and smart. They really need another DB that is tough and physical in run support and be depended on to fit his gap, which is critical in the wide 9. We saw how a liability like Ambry Thomas(Adam Peter's pick) was attacked in the playoffs. Obviously, he's good in zone and the 49ers are still primarily a zone defense. Also, the defense is missing a guy they can move around to match up in man coverage against tight ends when they mix things up, and they can also put him slot if they prefer Dmo outside. Cooper can do all those things.

This dude just screams 49er to me. DB is definitely higher on the need list with both Dmo and Ward up for new deals.

Got in some arguments defending this kid.
I can copy and paste what John Lynch said after drafting Ji'Ayir Brown and apply it to Cooper DeJean. The 49ers love guys that are team captains(huge emphasis on this), versatile, tough, physical and smart. They really need another DB that is tough and physical in run support and be depended on to fit his gap, which is critical in the wide 9. We saw how a liability like Ambry Thomas(Adam Peter's pick) was attacked in the playoffs. Obviously, he's good in zone and the 49ers are still primarily a zone defense. Also, the defense is missing a guy they can move around to match up in man coverage against tight ends when they mix things up, and they can also put him slot if they prefer Dmo outside. Cooper can do all those things.

I would take him or Kool-aid if they fall to 31 and then start concentrating on the O line.
I'm all in on Khyree Jackson and Dadrion Taylor-Demerson in rounds 2 and 3.
Originally posted by krizay:

Dadrion is my fav safety. At corner, i don't dislike Jackson and fan favorite Hart, but I prefer Melton and Renardo Green
Dadrion is my fav safety. At corner, i don't dislike Jackson and fan favorite Hart, but I prefer Melton and Renardo Green

I am a big fan of Green. As well as Jarrian Jones. I used to like Melton and not opposed to him but prefer Jackson. When I went through everyone a 2nd time I just felt Melton was the worst of the bunch. Then add in his projection jumping a round or 2 after the combine I'd pass on him at that spot

Great taste! Would be thrilled with those two as our picks!! Who you all in for round 1? I mean you might as well make this a mini 3 round mock
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Great taste! Would be thrilled with those two as our picks!! Who you all in for round 1? I mean you might as well make this a mini 3 round mock

Juse dropped my mock on mock forum.

1. Kingsley Suamataia
2. Jackson
3. Demerson
4. OG any one of Zinter, Limmer, Mahogany, Bortolini

1. Kingsley Suamataia
2. Jackson
3. Demerson

You just made up for your Mac Jones mistake. If it fell like that, my goodness
Then give me a WR in our money round

1. Kingsley Suamataia
2. Jackson
3. Demerson

I like Jackson a lot, but I'm not sure he's worth a round 2 selection. Maybe he is, but that just seems high.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I like Jackson a lot, but I'm not sure he's worth a round 2 selection. Maybe he is, but that just seems high.

Most mocks have him going top of 3rd before our 94. I'd rather draft my guy that I don't think I can get the following round as opposed to just taking someone because he's mocked to go closer to our 63rd pick

Round 3
65. Carolina Panthers

Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon (6-4, 194 pounds)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2024-7-rounds/e5ba9c59dc9a5ebb1d0fd563

Tampa Bay Khyree Jackson
Oregon

CB

https://www.drafttek.com/m/2024-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round3.asp

92) Kansas City Chiefs

Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/7-rou7-round-2024-nfl-mock-draft-staff-mds

FWIW
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 3, 2024 at 1:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone