There are 150 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

• Cosmo
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Please no white boy cornerbacks, please no white boy cornerbacks...

Racist?

I am the palest, chalky whitest, f**ker on this board, there just isn't a shining history of white guys who can play cornerback in the pros at a high level. The last good one was injury prone and only started in 76 games in his 9 year career. DeJean looks fine in college, but I agree with NY's assessment of him, and am not confident his skills will translate to being a top tier cb in the pros.

The game is color blind. CMC is a white RB, best since Riggins and may go down as the best ever. Talent is talent. Not sure if your post was a joke or what, but it fails everything.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Please no white boy cornerbacks, please no white boy cornerbacks...

Racist?

I am the palest, chalky whitest, f**ker on this board, there just isn't a shining history of white guys who can play cornerback in the pros at a high level. The last good one was injury prone and only started in 76 games in his 9 year career. DeJean looks fine in college, but I agree with NY's assessment of him, and am not confident his skills will translate to being a top tier cb in the pros.

The game is color blind. CMC is a white RB, best since Riggins and may go down as the best ever. Talent is talent. Not sure if your post was a joke or what, but it fails everything.

People need to calm down. And to his original post, white guys generally are not good CBs, or at all, in the nfl…that's not racist, ignorant etc, thats a fact. It was also joked about by JJ Watt when all that stuff about black vs white nfl teams. If he was this transcendent talent like folks are acting he'd be in the discussion of top 5-10….hes not. He's a fringe top 30 that they say will project out to safety at next level
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 11, 2024 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

WOW. He also has safety flexibility right? (I might be thinking slot )I think this gives even more draft flexibility
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 11, 2024 at 1:18 PM ]

So we are not drafting a CB in first 4 rounds. Let me pretend to be shocked
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I wouldn't be too sure. Just filling holes before the draft so our hand isn't forced. A 1 year deal doesn't stop us, imo.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

I wouldn't be too sure. Just filling holes before the draft so our hand isn't forced. A 1 year deal doesn't stop us, imo.

Very true this doesn't remove our need past this year. I'm just so used to not going CB in the draft.

Honestly, its kind of a good class for that though. At least waiting till the 4th. See if you have a third round grade on somewhere there and make it happen.
Pro Comp

Calen Bullock to Marcus Williams

If you're looking for a safety in this year's class with elite range and coverage skills, the answer is Bullock. The slender USC safety patrols centerfield akin to Williams, as Bullock had nine interceptions over the past three seasons and returned two for a score. While neither player is a significant force against the run, Williams has shown how this type of skill set can thrive in the NFL. -- Field Yates, NFL draft analyst

2024 NFL draft comps: Our favorite prospect-to-pro matches - ESPN
Dane has a 5th rd grade on Jackson FWIW.

I agree I want one of Green, Melton or Sainristil.

I also like Dadrion Taylor-Demerson…I think he can play in the nickel as well as S

Andddd that's my safety 1 as well. In lock step on this one it seems.

Think he can play in the nickel as well?

I also like Dadrion Taylor-Demerson…I think he can play in the nickel as well as S

Yes, in certain matchups

Yes, in certain matchups

I get Jimmie Ward vibes from him. I don't think he's as versatile as Jimmie was (he's not playing CB on the outside ever) but I think he can play FS/nickel for SF. I like that in a DB. Also read how his teammates love him and would run through a wall for this kid. That s**t matters.

Yes, in certain matchups

I get Jimmie Ward vibes from him. I don't think he's as versatile as Jimmie was (he's not playing CB on the outside ever) but I think he can play FS/nickel for SF. I like that in a DB. Also read how his teammates love him and would run through a wall for this kid. That s**t matters.
Ya, team captain kind of character, ball skills, aggressive, and versatile. Exactly what this team looks for. I love Hufanga, but if the safety market has a bounce back next year, I'm not allocating a large cap hit to the position.
Ya, team captain kind of character, ball skills, aggressive, and versatile. Exactly what this team looks for. I love Hufanga, but if the safety market has a bounce back next year, I'm not allocating a large cap hit to the position.

But in DeJean, you'd be allocating draft capital to the position, and then if he performs above or beyond expectation as you want, then youd be setting yourself to allocate a large cap hit to the position in the future.
Originally posted by scooterhd:

But in DeJean, you'd be allocating draft capital to the position, and then if he performs above or beyond expectation as you want, then youd be setting yourself to allocate a large cap hit to the position in the future.

By the end of his 5 year rookie deal, Fred Warner is gone. DeJean becomes the new high paid defensive "eraser."
Share 49ersWebzone