There are 118 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Wow, somebody thinks that a defensive Eraser is only a LB……..

I won't even get into this one

Well well well I'm apparently not the only one

Defensive eraser 😂 sounds like a position someone made up because they don't want to just call him a safety.

Dude what? You think you proved some point to me because a lot of teams sees him as a safety, by quoting my point of an eraser? Like I said, I won't even get into this one
Sometimes you try to hard to be right about everything
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Dude what? You think you proved some point to me because a lot of teams sees him as a safety, by quoting my point of an eraser? Like I said, I won't even get into this one
Sometimes you try to hard to be right about everything

You didn't even give him the "defensive eraser" stamp. Whatever that even means.

I've said I think he's a safety more than a legit lockdown outside CB that usually gets taken in RD1. IMO he's stiff, he's explosive but not twitchy or smooth overall. He needs to have s**t in front of him.

The term defensive eraser is something different for everyone apparently. IMO that's someone you use to remove someone completely from the game. It's usually a CB taking away someone's best WR ex Revis or Sanders. That ain't him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Good. Seems to possess some skillsets that their current safety's don't that could make for a good match. Also can play slot from what I heard
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers sure looking at more Safeties than I thought they would. Calen Bullock and Javon Bullard, 3rd and 4th round picks? By the looks of things I bet they go DB in those rounds. Better than taking a RB and WR there that's for sure.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers sure looking at more Safeties than I thought they would. Calen Bullock and Javon Bullard, 3rd and 4th round picks? By the looks of things I bet they go DB in those rounds. Better than taking a RB and WR there that's for sure.

Neither one make it to our fourth pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Oilcan:

Neither one make it to our fourth pick.

What about their 3rd round pick? I mean if they miss on both they could always come away with Sione Vaki, Malik Mustapha or Jamal Hill who they met with more than once. This draft is deep at DB, I'm not worried.
I see many mocks where Kool aid drops. I wonder if hes bpa assuming the tackles are gone.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I see many mocks where Kool aid drops. I wonder if hes bpa assuming the tackles are gone.

Depending on who's there. But I wouldn't spend a 1st on Kool-aid, I think he's gonna be a bust.

Depending on who's there. But I wouldn't spend a 1st on Kool-aid, I think he's gonna be a bust.

Depending on who's there I would be OK with Kool-Aid I think he would be an immediate upgrade opposite ward. BUT I think there's more value in taking one a little later, don't get me wrong I think CB is a major need. I like Renardo Green, Khyree Jackson,Andru Phillips and a few others in the 2-4 round range.
As far as safety I prefer Bullock over Bullard, Bullock needs to add a little muscle but I love his length and think he will be a very good high safety. I am higher on Mustapha then a lot of people but I find him very intriguing, he plays vey fast.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Oilcan:

Depending on who's there I would be OK with Kool-Aid I think he would be an immediate upgrade opposite ward. BUT I think there's more value in taking one a little later, don't get me wrong I think CB is a major need. I like Renardo Green, Khyree Jackson,Andru Phillips and a few others in the 2-4 round range.
As far as safety I prefer Bullock over Bullard, Bullock needs to add a little muscle but I love his length and think he will be a very good high safety. I am higher on Mustapha then a lot of people but I find him very intriguing, he plays vey fast.

I like Bullock too, but like you said he needs to add some muscle, especially if he's gonna be hitting the way he did at USC. I also like Khyree Jackson, who I hope is the 49ers 5th or 6th round pick. Andru Phillips, I wouldn't mind in the 3rd, but if he's not there I'm hoping for Decamerion Richardson.

That Liz Franks foot worries me
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
That Liz Franks foot worries me

lol. Its a Jones fracture not Lisfranc.
Share 49ersWebzone