LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 171 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Your description sounds a little like a description for Hufanga. Nothing stands out ab out Huff but he plays hard and seems to always be around the ball even though he doesn't have great speed.

That whole Huff lack of speed thing needs to be put to rest. Game speed > underwear Olympic speed

But yes DeJean is faster and more athletic, think he runs in the 4.4's this week, maybe even crack the 4.3's

Dejean isn't testing
Your description sounds a little like a description for Hufanga. Nothing stands out ab out Huff but he plays hard and seems to always be around the ball even though he doesn't have great speed.

That whole Huff lack of speed thing needs to be put to rest. Game speed > underwear Olympic speed

But yes DeJean is faster and more athletic, think he runs in the 4.4's this week, maybe even crack the 4.3's

I don't think he runs in the combine due to injuries. Hopefully this causes him to fall to our 2nd round pick!
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Dejean isn't testing

Oh s**t well f**k me lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Dejean isn't testing

Oh s**t well f**k me lol

Is anyone gonna test, s**t!!! Some f**kers aren't gonna throw, run or do drills. Combine is worthless. Lol
What makes him a beast for me is the cliche they all love, kid is a football player. Maybe not "great" at anything but good at everything. Can and willing to tackle. Visible on film that he's a student of the game. You don't care about return abilities but they do and it's another tool in his toolbox, we haven't been good there for years. Disagree on the twitch, he wouldn't be playing CB AND returning punts if he was some stiff. He's got plenty of athleticism and will show it this week. Whether he plays man or not isn't up to him, you play what you are told too, I think he can do it but yeah maybe not at that "lockdown" level, not many can nor do.

Who's they? That's fine if you disagree.

I want a guy that's shown he can play man coverage against good WRs. There's next to nothing on film there. Not saying he can't, but that's pure projection at this point.

again I might be wrong and I'll watch more of what I can. If we're looking for a straight zone CB, we don't have to burn a 1st on that.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 27, 2024 at 5:45 PM ]

Huff is still not a great coverage S. He's got great instincts, but is much more effective closer to the LOS. He's not a single high S who got range to go side line to side line. Dude has been much better than I ever thought which is great. Injuries have always been a thing unfortunately.

He plays faster than that horrible 40 time. Such a big part of the 40 times is training for it.

Things like the BJ, vert, 3-cone, 10-yard split and the shuttle are better things to look at imo. Shows explosive ability & change of direction. No one is really ever running in a straight line for 40 yards.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What makes him a beast for me is the cliche they all love, kid is a football player. Maybe not "great" at anything but good at everything. Can and willing to tackle. Visible on film that he's a student of the game. You don't care about return abilities but they do and it's another tool in his toolbox, we haven't been good there for years. Disagree on the twitch, he wouldn't be playing CB AND returning punts if he was some stiff. He's got plenty of athleticism and will show it this week. Whether he plays man or not isn't up to him, you play what you are told too, I think he can do it but yeah maybe not at that "lockdown" level, not many can nor do.

Who's they? That's fine if you disagree.

I want a guy that's shown he can play man coverage against good WRs. There's next to nothing on film there. Not saying he can't, but that's pure projection at this point.

again I might be wrong and I'll watch more of what I can. If we're looking for a straight zone CB, we don't have to burn a 1st on that.

Who's they? Which part are you referring too, where I said "they" do care that he adds value with his return ability? You sure as s**t better believe it and they is everyone in front offices and coaches alike who are evaluating him, it's a part of the package and what he brings to a team. You don't care, nobody cares that you don't lol.

Huff is still not a great coverage S. He's got great instincts, but is much more effective closer to the LOS. He's not a single high S who got range to go side line to side line. Dude has been much better than I ever thought which is great. Injuries have always been a thing unfortunately.

He plays faster than that horrible 40 time. Such a big part of the 40 times is training for it.

Things like the BJ, vert, 3-cone, 10-yard split and the shuttle are better things to look at imo. Shows explosive ability & change of direction. No one is really ever running in a straight line for 40 yards.

Oh for f**k sake you still can't drop being completely wrong about Huff. You still saying he's not a single high when he literally plays single high for your favorite team. I've seen multiple plays of him going sideline to sideline, you have to when you play single high, which he does and it's not even debatable, what are you doing NY? A part of "coverage" ability is being where you are supposed to be down by down, Huff is great at that and a lot of it is instinct, he wouldn't have the picks he does if he sucked in coverage as much as you try to portray him too. Dude missed much of the season and still had the most interceptions of all our safeties and more or the same with (Demo at 3) than the entire defensive back room except Ward who had 5.
Wife is a Duck and rabid fan. I've watched every game Khyree Jackson has played. I can't tell you how many times I said out loud he needs to be a Niner. That's my guy.
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Feb 27, 2024 at 7:12 PM ]

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Wife is a Duck and rabid fan. I've watched every game Khyree Jackson has played. I can't tell you how many times I said out loud he needs to be a Niner. That's my guy.

Kid looks solid but day 2...anyone we like now is def going higher than expected at this time.
Who's they? Which part are you referring too, where I said "they" do care that he adds value with his return ability? You sure as s**t better believe it and they is everyone in front offices and coaches alike who are evaluating him, it's a part of the package and what he brings to a team. You don't care, nobody cares that you don't lol.

I don't care and I doubt scouts do if his best ability or his elite trait is returning punts. Not for a projected top 20 pick that's suppose to be a lockdown CB1.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 28, 2024 at 12:37 AM ]
Oh for f**k sake you still can't drop being completely wrong about Huff. You still saying he's not a single high when he literally plays single high for your favorite team. I've seen multiple plays of him going sideline to sideline, you have to when you play single high, which he does and it's not even debatable, what are you doing NY? A part of "coverage" ability is being where you are supposed to be down by down, Huff is great at that and a lot of it is instinct, he wouldn't have the picks he does if he sucked in coverage as much as you try to portray him too. Dude missed much of the season and still had the most interceptions of all our safeties and more or the same with (Demo at 3) than the entire defensive back room except Ward who had 5.

Playing single high is not a true strength of his game. It's just not. His INTs this yr came off deflected balls, not amazing coverage INTs. He does get burnt and can be out of place deeper down field (not all the time).

im not saying he sucks in coverage or is a bad S. He's great for what they ask him to do. He's MUCH better closer to the LOS. He's got great instincts an can blitz with the best of him. Look man you clearly have some Huf thing that goes beyond just football. You don't want to take the personal emotions out of it, That's cool, you do you. I'm still pumped he's a 49er and losing him this yr hurt the D. I'm also not in this thread to talk about him.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 28, 2024 at 12:37 AM ]

Playing single high is not a true strength of his game. It's just not. His INTs this yr came off deflected balls, not amazing coverage INTs. He does get burnt and can be out of place deeper down field (not all the time).

im not saying he sucks in coverage or is a bad S. He's great for what they ask him to do. He's MUCH better closer to the LOS. He's got great instincts an can blitz with the best of him. Look man you clearly have some Huf thing that goes beyond just football. You don't want to take the personal emotions out of it, That's cool, you do you. I'm still pumped he's a 49er and losing him this yr hurt the D. I'm also not in this thread to talk about him.

Who said it's a true strength of his game? You're the one that keeps saying he's not a single high, when he literally does play single high. There's a difference and you trying to change the wording doesn't make it any more right. That's like saying he's not a football player when he literally plays football, if you can't see what's wrong with that statement then I don't know what to tell you. A lot of interceptions for everyone comes from deflections, what's wrong with it when the end result is the same? If it were so easy then how come Gip and our other safeties didn't pass him up on interceptions? There's a reason Huff gets those, and it has to to with his coverage abilities that he doesn't have according to you, the best players on defense regardless of position makes plays when they are always around the ball. Simple fact. Nobody will ever deny that he gets burnt cause guess what, every safety that ever played the game gets burnt from time to time too. For the bold, touché, can easily say the same about you having something against him that goes beyond football because it's always you that I'm defending him against. Childish thing to say. Tell me this NY, what was the point in you continuing to call him a 6th round pick when that's factually incorrect, and you know it, along with you continuing to say he can't play single high, years later, when that's also factually incorrect? But it's me with some Huff thing that goes beyond football huh? lol Yeah I will continue doing me if you keep giving me reason to by doing you on this "Huff" thing
Share 49ersWebzone