LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 176 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I expect him to be gone in the mid 20's, but there's a lot of WR's in this draft so I'm not sweating it.

Yup loaded with talented WRs.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Brian Thomas being there at 31 (he wont be) would give me pause, but gotta pass on WR in the first unless there's literally nothing else of value on the table. I comp Roman Wilson to a dog loving Dante Pettis. f**k cats.

If Brian Thomas is there at 31 that's easily BPA and a no brainer. You don't pass on that for need, or at least I wouldn't

Same here easily would be and should be the pick. If he goes to Houston forget it, talk about a near uncoverable team

I think Houston should sign Mike Evans
Xavier Worthy 4.21 official 40 time. That boy fast
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Xavier Worthy 4.21 official 40 time. That boy fast

He's such a little guy though. Probably a return man or a slot WR. Just so small. No question he can run fast.
I take back what I initially said about McCaffrey. Had the chance to watch a lot more tape and it completely changed my opinion on him. Dude has a chance to be a quality NFL player.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I take back what I initially said about McCaffrey. Had the chance to watch a lot more tape and it completely changed my opinion on him. Dude has a chance to be a quality NFL player.

He does not appear to that timed speed on game tape IMO. I would swear I was watching 4.55. Not 4.47. No way he plays that fast. But apparently can run that fast at a combine.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He does not appear to that timed speed on game tape IMO. I would swear I was watching 4.55. Not 4.47. No way he plays that fast. But apparently can run that fast at a combine.

LIke you can really tell you are seeing 4.55 or 4.47 in a game setting. Lol. Giving yourself way too much credit
Originally posted by pd24:

LIke you can really tell you are seeing 4.55 or 4.47 in a game setting. Lol. Giving yourself way too much credit

Yeah you can actually.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:

Yeah you can actually.

I know people can, just say you specifically.

Don't know how reliable

Don't know how reliable

I think it was previously reported.

I initially felt this way. But the more I watched, the more I noticed how fast he ate up space with his stride. His pure speed is not going to blow you away, but he can move. He's not Jaun Jennings or anything. He's about the same as his brother, decent speed, but not elite speed. Either way, that's not what's necessary to succeed.

I think his floor is a Jaun Jennings with a little more speed. His ceiling could be that of Puka Nacua. He was used quite similarly at Rice. Now, the knocks are his level of competition and while he can run routes well, there seems to be some issues with overall consistency. He may be adding wasted steps and/or sometimes tipping off his route. He seems to have to make a lot of contested catches, though at the same time, I suppose it's meaningful his QB trusted him a lot in those situations. There's some coachable stuff there, which is why I have to grade him in the middle rounds still.

The other receiver I really like in this class that no one is talking about is Malik Washington. Dude was a superstar for UVA. I think he could play inside or out honestly. Had great workout numbers at 4.47 while measuring in at 5-9 191. Also posted a ridiculous 42 1/2" vertical. He models his game after Steve Smith and looks a lot like him on tape.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 2, 2024 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Don't know how reliable

It was and I even commented on it. I'm old and an idiot entering the forget everything part of my life
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Don't know how reliable

It was and I even commented on it. I'm old and an idiot entering the forget everything part of my life

lol been there
Share 49ersWebzone