LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 323 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

I haven't had a chance to watch XAVIER WORTHY. That 40 time is bananas. Does he play that fast?

bro is really 165 pounds tho wtf
Texas homer here. Mitchell is the guy you want not Worthy. Mitchell at 205, a shade under 6'3 and a 4.34. I enjoyed watching Worthy but he is a 3rd round guy to me. Even at a 4.21. Worthy Hands are iffy at best. Routes are iffy. He is going to really struggle getting off the LOS at 165. I've got attitude questions as well. I've watched him his whole career.

On the other hand Mitchell can catch and will fight for balls see 39.5 inch vert. He played at UGA before transferring to Texas. His attitude is great. KC will likely be looking at both at 32. They will take Mitchell and we should be sad when it happens.
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Mar 2, 2024 at 7:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I haven't had a chance to watch XAVIER WORTHY. That 40 time is bananas. Does he play that fast?

He does. And he's more than just 9 routes. He can really sink his hips, he can throttle down, he isn't afraid to work the intermediate middle. 1 problem tho. He can't catch hahah. Ceiling is a difference making #2 WR, imo
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Texas homer here. Mitchell is the guy you want not Worthy. Mitchell at 205, a shade under 6'3 and a 4.34. I enjoyed watching Worthy but he is a 3rd round guy to me. Even at a 4.21. Worthy Hands are iffy at best. Routes are iffy. He is going to really struggle getting off the LOS at 165. I've got attitude questions as well. I've watched him his whole career.

On the other hand Mitchell can catch and will fight for balls see 39.5 inch vert. He played at UGA before transferring to Texas. His attitude is great. KC will likely be looking at both at 32. They will take Mitchell and we should be sad when it happens.

1000% Agreed. I have Worthy graded as a fourth rounder, maybe late third due to return ability. But everything you said is stuff I've cited why I think he's overrated. I'd love to see someone other than us reach for him in the first and push a better player to us.

Running 4.2 doesn't make someone a great prospect. Been at this too long and seen too many "just speed" guys come and go. Ted Ginn, Henry Ruggs, Jalen Reagor, John Ross, etc.

Mitchell is vastly superior and it isn't close. Great looking prospect.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 2, 2024 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

1000% Agreed. I have Worthy graded as a fourth rounder, maybe late third due to return ability. But everything you said is stuff I've cited why I think he's overrated. I'd love to see someone other than us reach for him in the first and push a better player to us.

Running 4.2 doesn't make someone a great prospect. Been at this too long and seen too many "just speed" guys come and go. Ted Ginn, Henry Ruggs, Jalen Reagor, John Ross, etc.

Ted Ginn lol. Man I wanted him bad when he came out. Thought he was gonna be legit. Then we ended up getting him later. If only he had some decent hands

Reminds me of Marquise Goodwin! He fast but I wouldn't take him in the first day, maybe late day 2 or early day 3.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

this kid could be a solid addition to our WR corps
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Reminds me of Marquise Goodwin! He fast but I wouldn't take him in the first day, maybe late day 2 or early day 3.

Mitchell Is a much better prospect. I'd take Worthy on day 3
Starting to sour even more on Xavier Legette. His tape against Missouri and Georgia is horrific.

This guy is incredibly overrated IMO.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

They mentioned that the average for top performing receivers last year in the NFL was 4.46. They showed the list of fastest 40 times ever. None of the guys on that list have done much in the NFL. Some were always injures and some just weren't very good. They couldn't block or run good routes.

They sometimes do that simulcast thing where they show 2 or 3 runners superimposed over each other. The actual distance in 40 yards between a 4.3 and a 4.4 guy isn't that much. If the slower guy is a better route runner and blocker and has better hands, I'll take him over the record breaker any day. Worthy is really small. He looked tiny compared to the woman that was interviewing him.

Tyreek Hill is the only sub 4.3 receiver I can remember that was any good.

anyone who can second his bleacher scouting report?
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10090932-xavier-worthy-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-texas-wr.amp.html
He sounds like a track star who is way too inconsistent and too light and too lazy. Some ppl projected him being a first round pick. Sorry, I don't get the projection at all if the report is true
Originally posted by communist:

anyone who can second his bleacher scouting report?
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10090932-xavier-worthy-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-texas-wr.amp.html
He sounds like a track star who is way too inconsistent and too light and too lazy. Some ppl projected him being a first round pick. Sorry, I don't get the projection at all if the report is true

At his size, I question if he'll be able to block very well or get off the line. He certainly doesn't have the size to go up and contend with passes that are covered. He's really a one trick pony. Send him deep. hope your blocking holds up long enough and then try and hit him on the fly.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

How is he in run blocking?

this kid could be a solid addition to our WR corps

That one hander in the beginning tho
[ Edited by 49erFaithfullest on Mar 3, 2024 at 10:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone