LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 154 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by Murphys1:
Who would be mad if we just grabbed McConkey at 31? He seems like a can't miss...

Who wouldnt be mad would be more like it. Why do you want a WR in rd 1? We literally have Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle, CMC, and Jennings all fighting for targets. we don't need a 6th option. We need QB protection. We need outside corner. We need edge rusher.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Who would be mad if we just grabbed McConkey at 31? He seems like a can't miss...

Who wouldnt be mad would be more like it. Why do you want a WR in rd 1? We literally have Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle, CMC, and Jennings all fighting for targets. we don't need a 6th option. We need QB protection. We need outside corner. We need edge rusher.

This lol. Our offense already struggles to get the ball to all our playmakers.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Only WR I wouldn't be mad at round 1 that likely even requires a trade up is Brian Thomas. Other than that it's pure stupidity, like taking Solomon Thomas when you have Buckner and Armstead, picking #2, need a QB, and Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson was there
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Only WR I wouldn't be mad at round 1 that likely even requires a trade up is Brian Thomas. Other than that it's pure stupidity, like taking Solomon Thomas when you have Buckner and Armstead, picking #2, need a QB, and Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson was there

I saw some YouTuber saying Brian Thomas's blocking effort reminds him of George Pickens. It wasn't a compliment
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Mar 4, 2024 at 9:42 AM ]
I saw some YouTuber saying Brian Thomas's blocking effort reminds him of George Pickens. It wasn't a compliment

On par with Deebo then so perfect fit
Originally posted by 49ers808:

On par with Deebo then so perfect fit

Poor Aiyuk lol
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

this kid could be a solid addition to our WR corps

OTC loves him. Think he compare him to Puca

Yep

I've only watch a little of what I can find. He's pretty fluid in/out of his breaks. No real wasted movement. Got great hands. Not sure if he can be an X at the next level. His play strength is a ? Bigger DBs are gonna get up in his frame vs press.

I know this is a horrible comp and I think he's got much more dog in him…but there's some Pettis to his game (and his overall body/measurables).

Might be a slot only guy, which is fine. We need that smart slot guy who can get open quickly. I wouldn't hate drafting him with one of our 3rds.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
who the dude on p. 1 talking about pretty Ricky?

Some Homer

I try to avoid being a homer

Jayden Daniels? You know who he reminds me of, and this is going to sound crazy. Alex Smith.

he will stick around the league and be a game manager, but never a winner.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 4, 2024 at 12:54 PM ]
Xavier Legette is pretty intriguing…from what I've been able to watch/read.

his size/speed combo is first rd type of stuff. He thrives on those in breaking routes and vertical stuff.

He's got damn good hands and he's physical. He's on the older side and breakout age is kinda a thing when talking about draft prospects. I think he can be a Deebo "like" replacement motioning him around pre-snap, bunch formations, in breaking routes and creating opportunities for him to get the ball.

I'd be a fan of getting him in a move up in the late 2nd early 3rd. Not sure where he's projected to go at this point.
who the dude on p. 1 talking about pretty Ricky?

Some Homer

I try to avoid being a homer

Jayden Daniels? You know who he reminds me of, and this is going to sound crazy. Alex Smith.

he will stick around the league and be a game manager, but never a winner.

I was kidding lol, Pearsall is a great fit for us IMO.

Xavier Legette is pretty intriguing…from what I've been able to watch/read.

his size/speed combo is first rd type of stuff. He thrives on those in breaking routes and vertical stuff.

He's got damn good hands and he's physical. He's on the older side and breakout age is kinda a thing when talking about draft prospects. I think he can be a Deebo "like" replacement motioning him around pre-snap, bunch formations, in breaking routes and creating opportunities for him to get the ball.

I'd be a fan of getting him in a move up in the late 2nd early 3rd. Not sure where he's projected to go at this point.

It didn't look like he had natural hand eye coordination in the drills at the combine. I know it's just the underwear Olympics but he just didn't look like a natural hands catcher. Maybe he was nervous. I have no idea about his game tape. Just my 2 cents.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Howlett49.
I don't think this is a position that we go after early unless they're not extending Aiyuk. If your favorite prospect is projected to go in the top 4 rounds you might as well find another prospect to hope for.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
I don't think this is a position that we go after early unless they're not extending Aiyuk. If your favorite prospect is projected to go in the top 4 rounds you might as well find another prospect to hope for.

I agree unless someone too good to pass on is there.

We've looked at a lot of later round and UDFA guys at receiver.

We're going to extend Aiyuk and probably Jennings too. We will probably try to find someone similar to Deebo late. Getting a feeling we really like Bub Means and Hayden Hatten. I'm a big fan of both as later round guys.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 4, 2024 at 8:44 PM ]
I think it's pretty clear the team is looking for speed at the position and they won't shy away from taking it early if that's how the crumble cookies
Jamari thrash out of Louisville is the name to watch in the third with one of our two picks, he has the speed runs crisp routes with great hands and decent size

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jamari-thrash/32005448-5204-8621-fa03-7d39e65c246b
[ Edited by jersey49er on Mar 4, 2024 at 11:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone