LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 211 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by Dshearn:
some one who knows can correct me....but I believe his family was broken up and the kids (him included) ended up in foster care....they were presented with a situation that two of the 3 could be put in a foster home and he volunteered not not break up his younger siblings. So instead of taking the opportunity to get out, he wanted his siblings to get out of the system.

I think....that is what happened, but I could be confusing different players, or...let's be honest..just flat out wrong, I might have miss-heard the situation. Some one know knows should actually chime in.

As far as the player goes....yeah dude is legit.

Thank you. Yeah I tried researching him but couldn't find anything on his upbringing. I'd be stoked if we got him
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Had some free time and checked out some of these wide receivers. What's the deal with this dude? Does he have some kind of medical red flags, character issues or something because I'm surprised I don't see more 49ers' people on my timeline talking about him. I'm like 5 games in and immediately player comp is AJ Brown...

I think XL is more like Dk Metcalf than Brown.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 8, 2024 at 9:48 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Me too

I think the new comparison stems from the bold face lie about his size....he ha been listed a 6-3 or even 6-4 from time to time....in the actual measurements he came in at 6' 07" at the Sr bowl and 6' 1" I think at the combine.

He does not have wing span or hand size of a dude 6-3 either....so he came in as smaller then expected.

I personally like size as much as the next person, but I really don't think it is the end of the world one way or another....dude is still over 6' 220 pounds.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

I think the new comparison stems from the bold face lie about his size....he ha been listed a 6-3 or even 6-4 from time to time....in the actual measurements he came in at 6' 07" at the Sr bowl and 6' 1" I think at the combine.

He does not have wing span or hand size of a dude 6-3 either....so he came in as smaller then expected.

I personally like size as much as the next person, but I really don't think it is the end of the world one way or another....dude is still over 6' 220 pounds.

I'm referring to his movement, it's very DK-like. His lateral quickness is not on par with some of the other receivers in this class, but if he gets vertical he can absolutely fly.
I like Jermaine Burton.

He could be Purdy's true deep threat we don't have.

anyone else like him?

I think Xavier Legette is the perfect target for the 49ers. He checks a big need at WR with his speed while also giving them the prospect of developing into a legitimate future WR1. I like that he isn't just a one-trick pony like some of these other speed WRs and has the physical tools to be a true starting X receiver in the Shanahan offense. Also, he fits neatly into their draft plans as someone that they can grab on day 2 after addressing the OL/BPA on day 1.

Shanny can sprinkle him in from day 1 with small things like helping stretch the field, jet sweeps or smoke/tunnel screens while having him sit and learn how to be a professional WR behind Aiyuk and Deebo. He checks off a need while also giving them someone that has the legitimate potential to become the dude if the team has to move on from Deebo/Aiyuk in the future.

I forgot to mention THE MOST IMPORTANT criteria: he blocks.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 8, 2024 at 11:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I like Jermaine Burton.

anyone else like him?

Character concerns, but I like him a lot. Faster on the field than he tested, huge hands that catch everything, true deep threat that can stack and track, and good potential as a route runner.

I think Xavier Legette is the perfect target for the 49ers. He checks a big need at WR with his speed while also giving them the prospect of developing into a legitimate future WR1. I like that he isn't just a one-trick pony like some of these other speed WRs and has the physical tools to be a true starting X receiver in the Shanahan offense. Also, he fits neatly into their draft plans as someone that they can grab on day 2 after addressing the OL/BPA on day 1.

Shanny can sprinkle him in from day 1 with small things like helping stretch the field, jet sweeps or smoke/tunnel screens while having him sit and learn how to be a professional WR behind Aiyuk and Deebo. He checks off a need while also giving them someone that has the legitimate potential to become the dude if the team has to move on from Deebo/Aiyuk in the future.

I think Xavier Legette is the perfect target for the 49ers. He checks a big need at WR with his speed while also giving them the prospect of developing into a legitimate future WR1. I like that he isn't just a one-trick pony like some of these other speed WRs and has the physical tools to be a true starting X receiver in the Shanahan offense. Also, he fits neatly into their draft plans as someone that they can grab on day 2 after addressing the OL on day 1.

Shanny can sprinkle him from day 1 with small things like helping stretch the field, jet sweeps or smoke/tunnel screens while having him sit and learn behind Aiyuk and Deebo to become a professional WR in the Shanahan system. They check off a need while also grabbing someone that has the legitimate chance to become the dude when the team has to move on from Deebo/Aiyuk in the future.

I know I'm in the minority but I think he's a bit overhyped. I do think our system may mask some of his weaknesses, such as the fact that he lacks suddenness in his routes and gets whooped by good man corners. Missouri and Tennessee completely shut him down. He doesn't have the quickness to separate laterally but could threaten vertically I think.

I wish we had a man beater in terms of either sheer size or suddenness all over the field. Right now, Jennings is kinda the guy when others can't beat man, he bullies his way open or just out muscles for the ball. That is a strength of Xavier though, so maybe he'll be just fine.

I probably sound torn and I kinda am lol. Some days I say round 3 some days 4.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 8, 2024 at 12:23 PM ]
I like Jermaine Burton.

anyone else like him?

He is a top 5 talent, but has huge character flags. I'd be extremely worried about him staying clean. Supposedly did not get along with Georgia coaches and had multiple altercations with fans, including against Tennessee where he slapped a female fan across the back of her head.
I like Jermaine Burton.

anyone else like him?

He is a top 5 talent, but has huge character flags. I'd be extremely worried about him staying clean. Supposedly did not get along with Georgia coaches and had multiple altercations with fans, including against Tennessee where he slapped a female fan across the back of her head.

What are the character issues? Are they real or is it a tag he got because he didn't get along with a coach or got in trouble when he was young. Character issues can mean a lot of different things.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I like Jermaine Burton.

anyone else like him?

What are the character issues? Are they real or is it a tag he got because he didn't get along with a coach or got in trouble when he was young. Character issues can mean a lot of different things.

On top of what I posted, one of his biggest knocks is lack of effort in run blocking.

He is known for being immature and childish on the field and can be easily baited into stupid penalties..
Dudes talent is unreal but he's got flags as far as his attitude and character.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 8, 2024 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I like Jermaine Burton.

anyone else like him?

On top of what I posted, one of his biggest knocks is lack of effort in run blocking.

He is known for being immature and childish on the field and can be easily baited into stupid penalties..
Dudes talent is unreal but he's got flags as far as his attitude and character.

In my defense, it's hard to scout run blocking for the WR position without All-22.
Share 49ersWebzone