LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 141 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Had some free time and checked out some of these wide receivers. What's the deal with this dude? Does he have some kind of medical red flags, character issues or something because I'm surprised I don't see more 49ers' people on my timeline talking about him. I'm like 5 games in and immediately player comp is AJ Brown...

I dont see XL having AJ Brown ball skills
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Starting to become a fan of Javon Baker.

Jalen Coker is a similar archetype with more reliable hands and a bit more juice.

Former first round pick Jerry Jeudy was traded to the Browns for a 5th and 6th rounder. Another 1st rounder that didn't make a splash. Just a lot of money.
Will the 49ers get a legacy player, the son of Jerry Rice, and one of the best wide receivers who can split defenders and get open down the field?
The son is one of the best?...why is he projected to round four then?
Surprisingly it isn't very easy to find this info, so let me ask this here - any WRs projected to go in rounds 3-5 who were good punt/kick returners ? We need one of these with Ray Ray gone
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Surprisingly it isn't very easy to find this info, so let me ask this here - any WRs projected to go in rounds 3-5 who were good punt/kick returners ? We need one of these with Ray Ray gone

Ainias Smith Texas A&M is 1 for sure. Would be a perfect Rayplacement
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

Roman Wilson and Ricky Pearsall are options. Ainias Smith I like as a wide back guy but he fumbled returns a lot, so I don't see him doing it in the NFL.
Roman Wilson and Ricky Pearsall are options. Ainias Smith I like as a wide back guy but he fumbled returns a lot, so I don't see him doing it in the NFL.

As an Aggie fan I respectfully
Originally posted by krizay:

As an Aggie fan I respectfully

Do you remember him muffing punts in back to back weeks this year? End of September, early October. I feel like he would have trouble, especially with guys like Wish who can mess with the spin at the NFL level.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 18, 2024 at 12:45 PM ]
Do you remember him muffing punts in back to back weeks this year? End of September, early October. I feel like he would have trouble, especially with guys like Wish who can mess with the spin at the NFL level.

I don't remember our defense forcing punts

But on a more serious note. The weeks in question

He muffed one vs Arkansas in which he picked up and housed it 61 yards.

He had 2 at Alabama both recovered one he returned 46 yards.

I think you are dead on as it relates to what his offensive role should be. However, he's going to get drafted strictly because of his return ability

ZERO % chance he's not a returner in the NFL
I prefer Jha'quan Jackson over Smith

Originally posted by Waterbear:
I prefer Jha'quan Jackson over Smith

3 and a half minutes of mediocracy. not impressed with his HIGHLIGHTS
Originally posted by krizay:

I don't remember our defense forcing punts

But on a more serious note. The weeks in question

He muffed one vs Arkansas in which he picked up and housed it 61 yards.

He had 2 at Alabama both recovered one he returned 46 yards.

I think you are dead on as it relates to what his offensive role should be. However, he's going to get drafted strictly because of his return ability

I realize he can make people miss, but he's not going to get an opportunity if he muffs in the NFL. Those will get recovered at this level.

He's going to have to prove he can be trusted to catch it. Kyle wouldn't let him return kicks if he was doing that in practice.
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
3 and a half minutes of mediocracy. not impressed with his HIGHLIGHTS

We're talking about a 6th or 7th round pick most likely.

Sorry he's not Randy Moss.
Share 49ersWebzone