LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 206 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Nabers ability to accelerate while changing direction is like woah
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
The problem that we're all guilty of: in the excitement of the draft and learning about all these new prospects we'd love to have on our team, we forget that one does not simply replace a player like BA

Sure, but remember the best WR in the NFL was traded and replaced by several draft busts from other teams after failing to win TWO SBs. That team then went on to win the next TWO(???) SBs.
The team that got him, 9-8(W/O) 9-8(yr-1) 11-6(yr-2) and did not win a playoff game.

All I'm saying is so many niner fans are delusional.

"Trade Aiyuk and just draft Brenden Rice in the 3rd round!"
The problem that we're all guilty of: in the excitement of the draft and learning about all these new prospects we'd love to have on our team, we forget that one does not simply replace a player like BA

Sure, but remember the best WR in the NFL was traded and replaced by several draft busts from other teams after failing to win TWO SBs. That team then went on to win the next TWO(???) SBs.
The team that got him, 9-8(W/O) 9-8(yr-1) 11-6(yr-2) and did not win a playoff game.

It's normal to be extremely hesitant about children of great players right?
Is Terique Owens good? He is the son of Terrell Owens. There is a lot of relatives of Niners in this draft.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Is Terique Owens good? He is the son of Terrell Owens. There is a lot of relatives of Niners in this draft.

We dont think so. He's got 46 receptions totals in college at Missouri State. Saw a video of him running drills with TO, and at 50 years old TO looks faster.

But to be fair, that Supar Bowl winning team has an all.time great QB that had already won before said receiver was traded.

I do not think anybody thinks trade Aiyuk and try to replace him with 1 attempt.
The big "problem" is the 49ers have a huge logjam at the playmaker spot, so whoever they get may not even have a chance to be active.

I do not think anybody thinks trade Aiyuk and try to replace him with 1 attempt.
The big "problem" is the 49ers have a huge logjam at the playmaker spot, so whoever they get may not even have a chance to be active.

This is such a farce. The offense can evolve to be even more explosive. Deebo and kittle are aging, with the former missing snaps due to injury and the latter being excluded from the game plan for weeks at a time. Removing Aiyuk seriously devolves our offense back to the one-trick-pony that couldn't get it done in 2019.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Nabers ability to accelerate while changing direction is like woah
Unless there is some late rounder hiding under a rock somewhere I think Malik Nabers is going to be the best WR in the draft. He turns a 50-50 ball into a 90-10 ball and has the instincts to turn into a defender if an errant pass comes his way. I saw a couple plays where I was not impressed with Marvin Harrison's effort.
[ Edited by scooterhd on Mar 27, 2024 at 10:41 AM ]

What logjam? Deebo is getting older and is injury prone. Kittle is getting older and is injury prone. Jennings is out after the season. McCaffrey is great but getting up there in RB years.

It's conceivable that they're going to have to replace all of these guys in 2-3 years.
I think Mitchell may end up being the pick at 31 if he's even still there. Cannot let KC get another weapon for Mahomes.
Originally posted by shotgundraw:
I think Mitchell may end up being the pick at 31 if he's even still there. Cannot let KC get another weapon for Mahomes.

We draft for us. You cant stop Mahomes. Mitchell, Worthy, Mcconkey. There's multiple guys they could turn into weapons.
[ Edited by scooterhd on Mar 27, 2024 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by scooterhd:
We draft for us. You can stop Mahomes. Mitchell, Worthy, Mcconkey. There's multiple guys they could turn into weapons.

Sure, I would argue there isn't an OT at 31 that is worth the pick. Of course it's probably moot as Mitchell will likely go much higher.

Share 49ersWebzone