LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 291 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by communist:
Xavier worthy is a first round talent???

Yes.
lol how so?
lol how so?

Because teams are treating him as such? Out here he's been reported as being in play for the Cards second 1st rounder for awhile if they trade out of #4 and pass on MHJ.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Xavier worthy is a first round talent???

Yes.
lol how so?

Elite speed. NFL has never been shy to draft guys with elite traits. John Ross, Henry Ruggs had the 2 previous fastest 40s are were both first round picks without elite level collegiate production. There's also been a wave of lightweight receivers in recent years. Worthy was 165 at the combine, but was probably cutting to run as fast as possible. He was 169 at his Pro Day. He's only 20. He is going to put on more muscle. Wouldnt be surprised if he starts the season at 175. Sub 180 weight use to cross guys off the board. Game was too physical and they would get destroyed by 260 pound linebackers coming across the middle. Now we are halfway to flag football and these shifty speed guys are becoming common place. Tank Dell, Devonta Smith, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Jaylen Waddle, Wandale Robinson, Jameson Williams, Elijah Moore, Calvin Austin, Diontae Johnson, Josh Downs, Rondale Moore, Darnell Mooney. Sub 180s guys everywhere.

I just dont see a team with a big armed QB passing on his traits. Namely the Chiefs, but I would be surprised if he makes it that far.
the WR class is pretty stacked. He is very fast, ok, but according to some scouting reports his character sucks, he is not physical by any means, and he does not catch everything he should have to.
To me, this is not a first rounder.

I mean, everyone remembers Stephen Hill, right? Or, already mentioned, John Ross. Why the f... doesnt the NFL learn its lessons?
the WR class is pretty stacked. He is very fast, ok, but according to some scouting reports his character sucks, he is not physical by any means, and he does not catch everything he should have to.

I mean, everyone remembers Stephen Hill, right? Or, already mentioned, John Ross. Why the f... doesnt the NFL learn its lessons?

Worthy is a significantly better prospect. The only thing they have in common is elite speed.
I dont think Worthy goes in the first. Too many guys with better all around skill sets and i think a lot of teams will look in the 2nd round to fill their WR need since this class is so deep at WR
Originally posted by miked1978:
I dont think Worthy goes in the first. Too many guys with better all around skill sets and i think a lot of teams will look in the 2nd round to fill their WR need since this class is so deep at WR

Dane has a 2nd-3rd re grade in him….50th overall prospect.

Hopefully someone wants him ahead of us…folks like speed. I'm not taking him until the 3rd.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Worthy is a significantly better prospect. The only thing they have in common is elite speed.

I think his ceiling is a Djax type of guy. I actually thought Hollywood Brown was a better prospect than him coming out…his floor is a Ross or Marquise Goodwin. Just too much variance for me to spend a top 64 pick on him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think his ceiling is a Djax type of guy. I actually thought Hollywood Brown was a better prospect than him coming out…his floor is a Ross or Marquise Goodwin. Just too much variance for me to spend a top 64 pick on him.

Rap reported that he could be the fourth WR off the board after the consensus big 3. He's going early, speed kills and never fails at WR come draft time. Everyone who follows the draft knows this, including you, can't teach speed.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/rapoport-xavier-worthy-could-go-as-high-as-fourth-wr-taken-in-2024-draft
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Rap reported that he could be the fourth WR off the board after the consensus big 3. He's going early, speed kills and never fails at WR come draft time. Everyone who follows the draft knows this, including you, can't teach speed.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/rapoport-xavier-worthy-could-go-as-high-as-fourth-wr-taken-in-2024-draft
that speed kills thing is overrated to me in the nfl. WR is indeed a football player in this league, not a fp OR an athlete.

Hopefully someone wants him ahead of us…folks like speed. I'm not taking him until the 3rd.

I don't think there's any chance the 49ers draft him. I can't see Shanahan wanting a 165-pound WR irrespective of the speed need at WR. Good luck blocking safeties or cracking ends in this offense at that weight. As Alex Gibbs said, willingness to block only gets a WR so far— WRs need to be capable of putting DBs on their ass.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 10, 2024 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

I don't think there's any chance the 49ers draft him. I can't see Shanahan wanting a 165-pound WR irrespective of the speed need at WR. Good luck blocking safeties or cracking ends in this offense at that weight. As Alex Gibbs said, willingness to block only gets a WR so far— WRs need to be capable of putting DBs on their ass.
what grade would you give to Worthy?

F for being a grown man and weighing 165 pounds.
Originally posted by Heroism:

F for being a grown man and weighing 165 pounds.

Hahaha
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Can't teach size either. He would be the exception not the norm imo. Like I said if everything goes perfectly he's Djax..if not, there's a lot of bust factor going on

dude is a twig out there.

You got guys that are 30lb+ that ran legit 4.3s like…

Devontez Walker
Adonai Mitchell
Brian Thomas
Xavier Legette (50lbs bigger)

IMO that's more impressive.
Share 49ersWebzone