LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 248 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I said it in another thread, but AD Mitchell is a shannahan "dog house" receiver if I've ever seen one.

Why do you say that

Takes plays off, not a strong blocker.

so much upside though

Special receiving talent, I agree. Just not sure he's a shanahan guy.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Matt barrows yearly draft crush 🌹

WR Adonai Mitchell

I put Mitchell in my mock draft several weeks ago. If he is there at 31 the Niners should sprint to the podium and select him.

a lot more talk of WRs in the 1st AND Peter's mocks are pretty legit. A lot of talking to people in the know.

thoughts?

a lot more talk of WRs in the 1st AND Peter's mocks are pretty legit. A lot of talking to people in the know.

thoughts?

Wouldn't hate it, wouldn't like it, and wouldn't do it.
Ladd is largely considered the best route runner in the class FWIW.
And you are right, Peter's mocks mean something and he definitely talks and has connections with the 49ers
Originally posted by 49ers808:

thoughts?

And you are right, Peter's mocks mean something and he definitely talks and has connections with the 49ers

Just saw this as well and raised my eye brow....

I was wondering if they'd pull the trigger on Malachi Corley if he is there in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

thoughts?

I was wondering if they'd pull the trigger on Malachi Corley if he is there in the 2nd.

What I found interesting is that he has JPJ slipping out of the 1st and has Frazier going ahead of him.

Why are folks thinking Corley is worth a 2nd? I don't see it with this kid overall. Fun highlights. Runs like a RB. He's not a very good route runner. Deebo was way better than him imo.

I see more Amari Rogers than Deebo if that's what people think they're wanting with him. I'm out on him in the top 100. Better guys.

thoughts?

What I found interesting is that he has JPJ slipping out of the 1st and has Frazier going ahead of him.

I'd move up in R2 if that's the case. Already thought that should happen for Frazier.
I'm all for JPJ at an injury discount, hell yea.

For Ladd, he's definitely better than Troy Franklin, imo. Really curious as to how much he could have produced if he wasnt at Georgia, and the #2 option behind Bowers no less.

Corley is a late day 2 pick, imo.
I can't see the 49ers using their first pick on a WR. They have more pressing needs.

The mocks are mocking Worthy round 2 (at least the mock I just did on ESPN). I don't buy it. Guys who break the sound barrier go round 1, like John Ross. He went top 10. So Worthy will go higher than the mocks anticipate.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'd move up in R2 if that's the case. Already thought that should happen for Frazier.

Same for me. I'm very surprised some aren't high on Frazier. Wouldn't shock me at all if he went before JPJ
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The mocks are mocking Worthy round 2 (at least the mock I just did on ESPN). I don't buy it. Guys who break the sound barrier go round 1, like John Ross. He went top 10. So Worthy will go higher than the mocks anticipate.

Agree. He is going in the first, speed always ALWAYS kills at the WR position and moving prospects up the board
I just need Javon Baker in red and gold next season, and I'll be happy.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 16, 2024 at 10:58 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I can't see the 49ers using their first pick on a WR. They have more pressing needs.

If they are truly keeping BA this year I see no reason to draft a wide receiver in the first round. From what Kyle demands of his wide receivers it would basically be a redshirt year and we are getting little if any contribution from the first round pick. They can take one later or even double up to prepare for the eventual departure of Deebo or BA. For a team in the bottom of pass attempts a 1st would be to much investment in the position in my opinion. It would be different if we didn't have other needs. Personally my preference would be a top CB if one's there or if one of the top Tackles slips to us.
Share 49ersWebzone