LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 184 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

a lot more talk of WRs in the 1st AND Peter's mocks are pretty legit. A lot of talking to people in the know.

thoughts?

Wouldn't hate it, wouldn't like it, and wouldn't do it.
Ladd is largely considered the best route runner in the class FWIW.
And you are right, Peter's mocks mean something and he definitely talks and has connections with the 49ers

Just saw this as well and raised my eye brow....

I was wondering if they'd pull the trigger on Malachi Corley if he is there in the 2nd.

What I found interesting is that he has JPJ slipping out of the 1st and has Frazier going ahead of him.
Yes same. People are all over on Frazier. Some like him bottom of 1st- others think he's top rd 3.

you know I'd take JPJ in a heartbeat but apparently he has health flags?

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'd move up in R2 if that's the case. Already thought that should happen for Frazier.

Yeah we shall see. Tbh I could see us trading out and down if our guy isn't there.
Just think he's Kyle's type but would rather take a flyer on a wr late unless they love a guy at 31.

Why because he's basically a RB? Dude can't run routes. At least not well. His footwork is not good and his releases are not nuanced at all. He's just very raw overall as an actual WR.

Deebo can run routes. Overall for a guy his size he's very fluid. I have no idea why people like this guy outside of some highlights. You're gonna have to game plan him touches because he's not getting open in the NFL imo. Like I said he's more Amari Rodgers than someone like Deebo.

I'm not touching him until day 3 with the idea he's more a gadget player and if we're going that route give me someone like Jaheim Bell late day 3.
Listening to peacock on locked on 49ers and his dark horse pick at 31 is Xavier worthy

I just watched some of his snaps vs Bama and overall no thanks at that draft spot. His fast, yup we got it. His hands are subpar. He has damn near zero tackle breaking ability. I saw them giving him screens and the moment he's touched. It's over. There's a couple highlights of him breaking a tackle online. That's not the norm though.

he's not gonna be working the middle of the field much, if ever. Go routes out routes. His absolute ceiling is Djax. His floor is John Ross or any of the other skinny fast football players that amounted to nothing.

end of day 2…sure there's a role there. If I'm going to get a WR in RD1. You can't be 165lbs and be pigeonhole to just a deep threat. You can find fast small WRs with below avg hands later.
Listening to peacock on locked on 49ers and his dark horse pick at 31 is Xavier worthy

I just watched some of his snaps vs Bama and overall no thanks at that draft spot. His fast, yup we got it. His hands are subpar. He has damn near zero tackle breaking ability. I saw them giving him screens and the moment he's touched. It's over. There's a couple highlights of him breaking a tackle online. That's not the norm though.

he's not gonna be working the middle of the field much, if ever. Go routes out routes. His absolute ceiling is Djax. His floor is John Ross or any of the other skinny fast football players that amounted to nothing.

end of day 2…sure there's a role there. If I'm going to get a WR in RD1. You can't be 165lbs and be pigeonhole to just a deep threat. You can find fast small WRs with below avg hands later.
That's a NO for me too.
Just think he's Kyle's type but would rather take a flyer on a wr late unless they love a guy at 31.

Why because he's basically a RB? Dude can't run routes. At least not well. His footwork is not good and his releases are not nuanced at all. He's just very raw overall as an actual WR.

Deebo can run routes. Overall for a guy his size he's very fluid. I have no idea why people like this guy outside of some highlights. You're gonna have to game plan him touches because he's not getting open in the NFL imo. Like I said he's more Amari Rodgers than someone like Deebo.

I'm not touching him until day 3 with the idea he's more a gadget player and if we're going that route give me someone like Jaheim Bell late day 3.

I agree, I just think he's a consideration for them at 63. I'd rather get Mitchell in rd 1 if you put a gun to my head, but would rather take a wr rd3 or later if they want one.
I agree, I just think he's a consideration for them at 63. I'd rather get Mitchell in rd 1 if you put a gun to my head, but would rather take a wr rd3 or later if they want one.

I like Mitchell, apparently he's got some issues though…

Man there's some good day2/3 guys that could help this team that I like much more than Corley in the second.

Jalen McMillan, Ja'Lynn Polk, Malik Washington, Javon Baker, Wilson etc.

I don't see why he would be a second rd WR talent? Dude isn't even really a WR in my eyes.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 17, 2024 at 10:04 AM ]
If you're looking for that YAC guy, I'd go Washington in the 4th vs Corley in the 2nd. Way better value and they do alot of the same stuff.

Agreed
If you're looking for that YAC guy, I'd go Washington in the 4th vs Corley in the 2nd. Way better value and they do alot of the same stuff.

I think Malik Washington is a superior receiver prospect easily. However, Corley does give you a guy that is hybrid. If you think he can learn to run routes well, he may have more value to that person. I think he's still a day two talent, ultimately. But that may not be totally apparent or show unless he winds up in the right system.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 17, 2024 at 11:03 AM ]
I like Mitchell, apparently he's got some issues though…

Man there's some good day2/3 guys that could help this team that I like much more than Corley in the second.

Jalen McMillan, Ja'Lynn Polk, Malik Washington, Javon Baker, Wilson etc.

I don't see why he would be a second rd WR talent? Dude isn't even really a WR in my eyes.

Gosh Darnit! There goes one of my main draft crushes

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think Malik Washington is a superior receiver prospect easily. However, Corley does give you a guy that is hybrid. If you think he can learn to run routes well, he may have more value to that person. I think he's still a day two talent, ultimately. But that may not be totally apparent or show unless he winds up in the right system.

Yeah I agree…I'm just not down for drafting a WR who can't really run routes lol.

Yeah I agree…I'm just not down for drafting a WR who can't really run routes lol.

Or catch. I seen waaaay too many drops watching him
Originally posted by krizay:

Or catch. I seen waaaay too many drops watching him

I didn't see a ton of drops, but maybe I missed that. To me, if they're contested drops, that's not as bad.

Xavier Worthy had wide open drops all over the field constantly. I'm so not a fan.
I didn't see a ton of drops, but maybe I missed that. To me, if they're contested drops, that's not as bad.

Xavier Worthy had wide open drops all over the field constantly. I'm so not a fan.

man just watched him vs Bama today. Horrible hands. I want no part of him in the first two rds. As far as Corley goes, I'm out on for a couple reasons. We might as well draft a RB and have him learn to run routes. His hands are subpar as well.
Share 49ersWebzone