LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 234 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I can't see the 49ers using their first pick on a WR. They have more pressing needs.

If they are truly keeping BA this year I see no reason to draft a wide receiver in the first round. From what Kyle demands of his wide receivers it would basically be a redshirt year and we are getting little if any contribution from the first round pick. They can take one later or even double up to prepare for the eventual departure of Deebo or BA. For a team in the bottom of pass attempts a 1st would be to much investment in the position in my opinion. It would be different if we didn't have other needs. Personally my preference would be a top CB if one's there or if one of the top Tackles slips to us.

Iagree with all of the above. There just isn't enough passing to justify this.

You draft where the talent is. This draft is fairly loaded at wide receiver and they've already lost some. Right now their WR room looks like Aiyuk, Samuel, Jennings, Taylor, Bell and Conley. If there's any injury issues during the season then suddenly that's a pretty damn thin WR room overall. If Aiyuk misses any time for whatever reason then they are especially screwed.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Some "Twitter reports" saying that SF loves the two other WRs out of Washington and Kyle loves him some Javon Baker.

Watched a lot of husky games, other than Rome my feeling is the other guys are just ok and have iffy hands.

I think Polk is a good player. Might not ever be a #1 but could be a good 2 for a long time in the league
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Some "Twitter reports" saying that SF loves the two other WRs out of Washington and Kyle loves him some Javon Baker.

Watched a lot of husky games, other than Rome my feeling is the other guys are just ok and have iffy hands.

I think Polk is a good player. Might not ever be a #1 but could be a good 2 for a long time in the league

I'm both are quality day2 WRs. Neither will be superstars, but that's okay.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I wish he would love him some WR's from his alma mater in Adonai Mitchell. The kid reminds me so much of Cedee Lamb. But I haven't seen the 9ers having any interest in him.

Reportedly Kyle has spent a lot of time at his Alma mater actually. He's bros with the HC as well.

Mitchell reminds me more of Martavis Bryant than Lamb. Mitchell has zero YAC ability (from what I've seen). Still like him a lot. Just praying he doesn't like worthy not in the first couple rds
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I can't see the 49ers using their first pick on a WR. They have more pressing needs.

If they are truly keeping BA this year I see no reason to draft a wide receiver in the first round. From what Kyle demands of his wide receivers it would basically be a redshirt year and we are getting little if any contribution from the first round pick. They can take one later or even double up to prepare for the eventual departure of Deebo or BA. For a team in the bottom of pass attempts a 1st would be to much investment in the position in my opinion. It would be different if we didn't have other needs. Personally my preference would be a top CB if one's there or if one of the top Tackles slips to us.

Iagree with all of the above. There just isn't enough passing to justify this.

You draft where the talent is. This draft is fairly loaded at wide receiver and they've already lost some. Right now their WR room looks like Aiyuk, Samuel, Jennings, Taylor, Bell and Conley. If there's any injury issues during the season then suddenly that's a pretty damn thin WR room overall. If Aiyuk misses any time for whatever reason then they are especially screwed.

You can literally insert that reasoning for any position, for any team. If Ward misses time, if CMC misses time, etc. I'm not one to think that we are blowing the draft if we don't pick a particular position, but again, we don't pass enough to justify a first on receiver.

We can strike a balance between available talent verses team need. There is a time to break that rule, but I can't see the receiver at 31 being so good that it would be foolish to pass up. If that player is, I'm on board, but I like who is likely to be available at CB or OL.
Future 49er

Future 49er

He's what I thought Adonai Mitchell was gonna be at first glance, but the more you dug, the lower Mitchell got pushed down, and the higher Baker moved up.

I still think Mitchell has potential but the character, medicals, and unpreparedness for the combine does concern me some.
Who do we like more Worthy or McConkey
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

McConkey by far for me
Originally posted by illinois9er:

McConkey by far for me

Doesn't worthy seem like a Devonta Smith or Zay Flowers? If it's hard to stay with him he may be a problem.

Im out even more
Originally posted by illinois9er:

McConkey by far for me

Doesn't worthy seem like a Devonta Smith or Zay Flowers? If it's hard to stay with him he may be a problem.

ladd… Emmanuel Sanders 2.0

for as fast as Worthy is…he was one of the worst deep threats in the draft. He's got bad hands and a strong gust of wind knocks him over.

I found some in depth analytics on Worthy in the don't draft list…s**t isn't good.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 24, 2024 at 10:53 AM ]

Im out even more

Wow didn't know he had medical issues. Know what it is?

Im out even more

Left shoulder. May require future surgery.
Originally posted by scooterhd:

Im out even more

Left shoulder. May require future surgery.

Thanks. Meh, that's minor for a WR. Kittle been playing through a torn labrum for years

I'd run to the podium if he slipped to us for this
Share 49ersWebzone