LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 157 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by scooterhd:
Left shoulder. May require future surgery.

You know who's never hurt? BA lol.

All these FO guys saying they don't need to pay up for BA because this draft class is loaded are fibbing.
I dont think he drops past the Bills, and not sure I'd trade up. But BT has a big frame for Brock. Deep speed. Can track the ball. Would be a fantastic number 2 WR next to BA. He can play inside and out. Gives you another big slot. Can play WR3 as a deep threat in year 1.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
You know who's never hurt? BA lol.

All these FO guys saying they don't need to pay up for BA because this draft class is loaded are fibbing.

Drafting a WR high doesnt necessarily mean we dont want to pay BA. It'd be that we dont want to pay BA and Deebo forever. Bring in some talent, see what happens next year and then make your business decisions.
I dont think he drops past the Bills, and not sure I'd trade up. But BT has a big frame for Brock. Deep speed. Can track the ball. Would be a fantastic number 2 WR next to BA. He can play inside and out. Gives you another big slot. Can play WR3 as a deep threat in year 1.

Yeah I'm not really a fan the more I watched and read up on him…

ranked as one of the worst perimeter WRs in this class against man coverage.

43% of his yards came off of go routes and now it comes out he was red flagged for injuries?

IMO he's Torrey smith 2.0.

Ive started to take a liking to him. He's another one of them guys that I see going anywhere from 2nd to 4th. In thevmocks ive been doing. He's not being there in the 3rd a majority of the time.

One of our 4ths would be awesome. 3rd seems ideal. I wouldn't hate him in the 2nd.

Where you targeting him?
Drafting a WR high doesnt necessarily mean we dont want to pay BA. It'd be that we dont want to pay BA and Deebo forever. Bring in some talent, see what happens next year and then make your business decisions.

Agreed. I'm saying other teams unwilling to give up the goods in a trade because this class is "so good" are actually lying…outside of the top 3 guys, I don't think this class is super special.

I see no reason to move BA unless we get an offer we can't refuse and swapping picks or a 2nd rd pick ain't that.
Originally posted by krizay:
Ive started to take a liking to him. He's another one of them guys that I see going anywhere from 2nd to 4th. In thevmocks ive been doing. He's not being there in the 3rd a majority of the time.

One of our 4ths would be awesome. 3rd seems ideal. I wouldn't hate him in the 2nd.

Where you targeting him?

3rd rd guy for me. I wouldn't hate moving up from our current spot in the 3rd to secure him.

saw a tweet from a guy I know has some insider knowledge of this team saying Kyle loves this dude and a bunch of our scouts like the other two Washington WRs as well. Wouldn't be shocked if we came away with one of those three guys on day 2/3.
Yeah I'm not really a fan the more I watched and read up on him…

ranked as one of the worst perimeter WRs in this class against man coverage.

43% of his yards came off of go routes and now it comes out he was red flagged for injuries?

IMO he's Torrey smith 2.0.

You take those numbers way too seriously. You have to look at how these guys are being used and how they'll fit with us. Those numbers don't tell the whole story.

2020 is perfect example. The numbers suggested that BA wasn't good at contested catches. If you watched his whole film you noticed he didn't have that many contested opportunities. Same thing with the notion he couldn't beat press man. If you watched his non targeted routes you seem him wide ass open alot but wasn't thrown the ball.

The numbers suggest Justin Jefferson was primarily a slot WR. his Freshman year tape showed otherwise

The numbers don't always tell the whole story.

That said, as it relates to BT I've cooled on him as well. Seems to be 3 routes. Stops or sits, Go's & drags. So we don't know if he can or can't run routes because LSU hasn't asked him too.

I'm still intrigued but not as high on him as I once was. The quintessential boom or bust pick if there ever was one
Originally posted by krizay:
You take those numbers way too seriously. You have to look at how these guys are being used and how they'll fit with us. Those numbers don't tell the whole story.

2020 is perfect example. The numbers suggested that BA wasn't good at contested catches. If you watched his whole film you noticed he didn't have that many contested opportunities. Same thing with the notion he couldn't beat press man. If you watched his non targeted routes you seem him wide ass open alot but wasn't thrown the ball.

The numbers suggest Justin Jefferson was primarily a slot WR. his Freshman year tape showed otherwise

The numbers don't always tell the whole story.

That said, as it relates to BT I've cooled on him as well. Seems to be 3 routes. Stops or sits, Go's & drags. So we don't know if he can or can't run routes because LSU hasn't asked him too.

I'm still intrigued but not as high on him as I once was. The quintessential boom or bust pick if there ever was one

I agree it's just a part of the evaluation…I'm not all analytics, but im gonna use it too. What I saw does back up those numbers. Sure you have to wonder why most of his yards came off one route and why he stunk vs man coverage.

He's interesting because of the athletic profile. I think he's a Mike Wallace or Torrey smith guy. I just like other guys later over him.

I agree it's just a part of the evaluation…I'm not all analytics, but im gonna use it too. What I saw does back up those numbers. Sure you have to wonder why most of his yards came off one route and why he stunk vs man coverage.

He's interesting because of the athletic profile. I think he's a Mike Wallace or Torrey smith guy. I just like other guys later over him.

Mike Wallace was the 1st name that came to mind for me when I st started watching him.
Baker seems like a great fit not sure what round.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 24, 2024 at 6:30 PM ]
Jeremiah's mock
Pick 31
San Francisco 49ers
Xavier Worthy
Texas · WR · Junior

This is my favorite fit in the first round. We saw what Tank Dell did in a similar offensive system with Houston, and we know what Mike McDaniel has been able to build with so much speed at receiver in Miami. Worthy gives Kyle Shanahan a similar weapon.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Jeremiah's mock
Pick 31
San Francisco 49ers
Xavier Worthy
Texas · WR · Junior

This is my favorite fit in the first round. We saw what Tank Dell did in a similar offensive system with Houston, and we know what Mike McDaniel has been able to build with so much speed at receiver in Miami. Worthy gives Kyle Shanahan a similar weapon.

I wish DJ would've explained what spot he envisions Worthy playing on the field. Traditionally, you'd naturally want a guy like Worthy to play at X, but that's BA's spot. The current trend is to put speed guys at Z to get them in motion, so a guy like Worthy would allow Shanny to abuse the exit motion action that a lot of offenses are using. I could see Deebo moving to the slot in the future.

But tbh, I'd be surprised if the 49ers drafted Worthy. He just doesn't seem like a great fit in this offense with all the blocking as well as the focus on attacking the middle of the field.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 24, 2024 at 8:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone