• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Jeremiah's mock
Pick 31
San Francisco 49ers
Xavier Worthy
Texas · WR · Junior

This is my favorite fit in the first round. We saw what Tank Dell did in a similar offensive system with Houston, and we know what Mike McDaniel has been able to build with so much speed at receiver in Miami. Worthy gives Kyle Shanahan a similar weapon.

Worthy or Jackson Powers-Johnson. That's an easy decision.
I would hate Worthy pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:

So would I.
My pendulum has swung pretty far on the WR priority in this draft.

If there are no major trades, I'm hoping the Niners draft a WR in the 2nd. This is a deep WR draft, but the mocks I've played with (and I've done a LOT), it seems there is a big drop off after day two.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

So would I.

Hopefully the Jags or bills take him….DJ tosses out Tank Dell as a comparison for this offense…well that f**ker was a 3rd rd pick. Go get Crowing on day 3 if that's the guy we need to have.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I wish DJ would've explained what spot he envisions Worthy playing on the field. Traditionally, you'd naturally want a guy like Worthy to play at X, but that's BA's spot. The current trend is to put speed guys at Z to get them in motion, so a guy like Worthy would allow Shanny to abuse the exit motion action that a lot of offenses are using. I could see Deebo moving to the slot in the future.

But tbh, I'd be surprised if the 49ers drafted Worthy. He just doesn't seem like a great fit in this offense with all the blocking as well as the focus on attacking the middle of the field.

If we want that speed element or someone who's similar to Tank Dell go get this kid (who we met with) on day 3

he's got some Aldrick Robinson to his game and kyle loved him.

FWIW Worthy was one of the worst deep threats in this draft class based off analytics…I'm guess the QB played a part. Worthy has horrible hands and provides zero YAC. I don't see it at all.

edit: Thrash is another day 3 WR I would prefer to worthy.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:45 AM ]
What's the chances Pearsall is available in the 3rd?
Originally posted by illinois9er:

I don't think he makes it to 63. He is my 2nd option at 63 behind Rosengarten. Though don't think either is there
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If we want that speed element or someone who's similar to Tank Dell go get this kid (who we met with) on day 3

FWIW Worthy was one of the worst deep threats in this draft class based off analytics…I'm guess the QB played a part. Worthy has horrible hands and provides zero YAC. I don't see it at all.

Anthony Gould is the day 3 guy I like. And Ainias Smith. Though I wouldn't mind Cowing.
Originally posted by krizay:

I don't think he makes it to 63. He is my 2nd option at 63 behind Rosengarten. Though don't think either is there

Damn it

Damn it

To be fair I have 99 guys going before 63 so don't take that as gospel LOL
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Damn it

To be fair I have 99 guys going before 63 so don't take that as gospel LOL

Lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Cowing in Shanny's offense 👀 if you look up their athletic profiles, they're virtually identical.

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2024 at 7:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

So would I.

It's not my preferred pick, but I wouldn't hate it. He's a better version of goodwin and he was solid with us. But I'd rather draft an OT.
Originally posted by Butter:
My pendulum has swung pretty far on the WR priority in this draft.

If there are no major trades, I'm hoping the Niners draft a WR in the 2nd. This is a deep WR draft, but the mocks I've played with (and I've done a LOT), it seems there is a big drop off after day two.

I've been having a hard time mocking a WR I like a 63. Maybe the draft plays out differently but there seems to be a lull there from 55-80.
Share 49ersWebzone